Page 178 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 781281681741751761771781791801811821882282786781178 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 20773
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I doubt it, honestly. The first 3 vols and the 10th masterwork together collect the whole Lee/Kirby run, which is I think what they were mainly going for. A 4th vol would include a very forgettable (Not necessarily bad) period for the magazine.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The 10th Masterwork picks up right where the 3rd omni stops. I'd still like to see them put out a 4th omni though
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Lee and Kirby omnis make money, so I would very much expect a FF vol4 (taking us up to 125, finishing off Lee as writer), and I'm very much hoping for Thor vol3 as well (I need the Galactus/Ego stuff in an omnibus).

After all the reprints this year, I hope next year (being that solicits take us up through to almost the of the year already) gives us much more new stuff
    Last edited by legion_quest; 02-28-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    That's really freaking dumb. There's no way that story should be broken up into two separate volumes. That's just Marvel making sure fans buy vol two.
    Thats only half of it, they tortured folks for yeaaaaars before they released the second volume, better part of a decade I believe?
    Last edited by RIPLynott; 02-28-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    After all the reprints this year, I hope next year (being that solicits take us up through to almost the of the year already) gives us much more new stuff
    With Spider-Man and Thor's movies coming out next year, I'm hoping ASM vol 3 and Thor vol 3 will be a no brainer for Marvel. Also with Hulk being Thor's movie, I'm hoping for a Hulk vol 2 or, better yet, the long deserved Peter David Hulk omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Thats only half of it, they tortured folks for yeaaaaars before they released the second volume, better part of a decade I believe?
    The 1st vol came out in 2006. The 2nd came a ridiculously long 8 years later.

This is exactly why i havnt read vol 2 or 3 yet. I don't want to start in the middle of an arc or have them talk about things that allready happened that I know nothing of. Ive been counting down the days, only 64 more days till vol 1 is reprinted!!

Finally got around to reading The Pulse trade. Sitting on my shelf for a while untouched. I figured the move from Max to marvel proper would ruin the tone of Jess Jones but it's not bad at all. I really enjoyed it. The D-Man story made me a little sad.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Well, yes and no. The Phoenix saga had previously been collected a number of times and even in an OHC so the material was readily available. I agree they shouldn't broken it up tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    This is exactly why i havnt read vol 2 or 3 yet. I don't want to start in the middle of an arc or have them talk about things that allready happened that I know nothing of. Ive been counting down the days, only 64 more days till vol 1 is reprinted!!
    Well the way comics were written back then, they all had long exhaustive recaps and were repetitive enough that you'd be OK just jumping in if you were a new reader.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Finally got around to reading The Pulse trade. Sitting on my shelf for a while untouched. I figured the move from Max to marvel proper would ruin the tone of Jess Jones but it's not bad at all. I really enjoyed it. The D-Man story made me a little sad.
    The D-Man story is such a fantastic piece of comic book writing.

So whats better? Busieks avengers vol 1 omnibus or his ironman omnibus? Ill be picking up one of the 2 on tuesday. I know nothing about the runs or havnt read anything by the writer, but i'm leaning twoards avengers since its oop on ist and CGN still has it.

So whats better? Busieks avengers vol 1 omnibus or his ironman omnibus? Ill be picking up one of the 2 on tuesday. I know nothing about the runs or havnt read anything by the writer, but i'm leaning twoards avengers since its oop on ist and CGN still has it.
    I haven't read his Iron-Man run but his Avengers run is personally a favorite of mine. Most people consider it the best run on the team.

Iron man is on clearance and gonna be oop very very soon so I would say pick that up then Avengers v1 next since that's still in print.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    That's really freaking dumb. There's no way that story should be broken up into two separate volumes. That's just Marvel making sure fans buy vol two.
    The early Omnibuses were straight reprints of the masterworks which split the story in the same way.

UXM Omnibus Vol. 1 = Masterworks Vols 1-4
    UXM Omnibus Vol. 2 = Masterworks Vols 5-7 (partial), Marvel Team-Up #100, Marvel Fanfare TPB
    UXM Omnibus Vol. 3 = Masterworks Vols 7 (remainder) -9, Magik MPC

When they eventually came to Vol.2 they decided to avoid their earlier mistake and split things based on story which is why most of Vol 7 (mainly the Brood saga) wasn't reprinted until Omnibus Vol. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I haven't read his Iron-Man run but his Avengers run is personally a favorite of mine. Most people consider it the best run on the team.
    I believe the Iron Man was in that recent clearance? I would say Avengers, but its close. Don't forget his Avengers run is in two Omnis.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Well the way comics were written back then, they all had long exhaustive recaps and were repetitive enough that you'd be OK just jumping in if you were a new reader.
    I agree. I have an old Essentials PB that Collects Giant Size, #94 to #119 and haven't read all those issues in it.
    In my collection the next book on the shelf is MMW UXM vol 4 (122-131). I have a reprint of #121 and really need #120 for the 1st Alpha Flight appearance.

When I started collecting Byrne was about 20 issues into Alpha Flight and well into Fantastic Four. I wanted his UXM issues but they were pricey for a seventeen year old back then
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 02-29-2016 at 06:23 AM.