Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default MCU!Captain Marvel vs MCU!Scarlet Witch

Who take this?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    Who take this?
    The one who showed capable of absorbing magical energy during her fight with Thor during the respective "what-if" episode
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The one who showed capable of absorbing magical energy during her fight with Thor during the respective "what-if" episode
    Was that a Core MCU Captain Marvel or a Carol from a different timeline?

Honest question. I can’t remember.

This has been done before. Captain Marvel via quickdraw.

Scarlet Witch can take it if she has time to wind up to reality warping shenanigans, but she'll never get there.

Ultimate Member

Will Carol's energy absorption powers stop Wanda from turning her into a barbie doll?

What Wanda does looks like large-scale reality-warping, Carol doesn't have feats of resisting this that I recall.

Only way Carol wins is via speed, Wanda is still a bit of a glass cannon.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I would say Carol generally wins this - she's ludicrously fast in a line (FTL) and tough, and quick enough a combattant to act before Wanda generally. She ought to be able to A-Train Wanda before Wanda can do much.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Its a What-If, which is cannon/core MCU, but is a different timeline by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Will Carol's energy absorption powers stop Wanda from turning her into a barbie doll?

What Wanda does looks like large-scale reality-warping, Carol doesn't have feats of resisting this that I recall.

Only way Carol wins is via speed, Wanda is still a bit of a glass cannon.
    No, Carol has no feats against reality warping. Nothing in the MCU does, except for the Watcher, Evil Dr. Strange and Ultimate Ultron (all of which are What-If, incidentally).

Anyway, it takes a while for Wanda to ramp up to reality warping, and before then Carol slams into her (its not even out of character, she does so to objects in her movie as well as to Thor in What-If) or just blasts her. Wanda may have greater top end power, but Carol has a much higher baseline power and is quicker on the draw. Carol will overwhelm Wanda before she brings her big guns to bear.

we'll see soon enough with Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness, i'm sure it will settle this completely, one way, or another.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

we mostly just uses core MCU for Captain Marvel here
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    we mostly just uses core MCU for Captain Marvel here
    I’m fairly familiar with the rules, actually. That’s why I asked the question.

Because if the Carol in What If? wasn’t the core one, she’s not relevant for the thread… was kinda my point.

Well it does beg an interesting question, the other timelines and universes within the mcu are all canon within the mcu. I dont see why we can’t include feats for those with the “core” version. Barring pis or sm/fl. I dont really remember any outliers for characters powers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Your referring to when she no sold thor’s lightning?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Well it does beg an interesting question, the other timelines and universes within the mcu are all canon within the mcu. I dont see why we can’t include feats for those with the “core” version. Barring pis or sm/fl. I dont really remember any outliers for characters powers anyway.
    They’re a different character. Dark Stephen Strange is not core Stephen Strange, and is much more powerful. Likewise Peggy Carter from What If? is not the Peggy Carter of Captain America and Agent Carter.

Core is core. Anything else is another character. You can’t extrapolate feats based on ‘Well, this character is mostly the same so… bleh, **** it.”

Yes that i get. But they are different because they experienced different things or gotten certain explained powerups. Strange before those events is basically the same as the strange at the end of his first movie in the main mcu. But yea, i guess its better to clarify this in rumble topics.