Page 500 of 885 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

is this guy a new artist (V Ken Marion) added to the HJ&tGLC rotation to help keep up the schedule or is this a one off arc or has someone been replaced? His work isn't bad just curious because I don't recall any announcements.

Mighty Member

Yay 500 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Did Ivan Reis drew this?
    It's Reis art from Justice League #26.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    is this guy a new artist (V Ken Marion) added to the HJ&tGLC rotation to help keep up the schedule or is this a one off arc or has someone been replaced? His work isn't bad just curious because I don't recall any announcements.
    I think he's part of the rotation to pick up the slack, yeah. I know EVS wanted to draw the next arc all himself.
    Last edited by vartox; 04-24-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Forever Evil. It was the Earth-3 version of Hal Jordan.
    No kidding... wow I missed that. That's the same emblem as from Hal & the GLC #17 (I think). The heroes issue with all those foreshadowing pages. There was a bunch of rings spewing out on one page. If they're gonna do a forever evil thing, I better get cracking on some back issues.
    Save Ferris...

Astonishing Member

I'm not the biggest fan of that panel. Hal Jordan wouldn't be begging like that, even to Carol Ferris. Besides it's not like Hal was the only one who made bad decisions during that love affair, if a relationship is to be successful, it takes two to tango. Hal shouldn't be the one to take all the blame. I guess I'm tired of seeing everyone just wailing on Hal and if they don't, then he is the one who decides to do it for them. One thing that usually exempts or used to exempt Hal from many heroes is the fact that he has self-respect and doesn't allow people to use him as a punching bag. He has great integrity and compassion but he also has self-esteem so I've never been a big fan of scenes like that. At least Doug draws one beautiful Carol.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-24-2017 at 06:07 PM.

I'm not the biggest fan of that panel. Hal Jordan wouldn't be begging like that, even to Carol Ferris. Besides it's not like Hal was the only one who made bad decisions during that love affair, if a relationship is to be successful, it takes two to tango. Hal shouldn't be the one to take all the blame. I guess I'm tired of seeing everyone just wailing on Hal and if they don't, then he is the one who decides to do it for them. One thing that usually exempts or used to exempt Hal from many heroes is the fact that he has self-respect and doesn't allow people to use him as a punching bag. He has great integrity and compassion but he also has self-esteem so I've never been a big fan of scenes like that. At least Doug draws one beautiful Carol.
    I agree with this. She really doesn't even meet him half way here. And again, the writer (Geoff Johns?) continues to play up Hal's jerky self centered side by making the conversation all about him. I know, I screwed up, I want it to work, Give ME a second chance, YOUR tenth. This is why some people start resenting Carol. As the reader we're put in Hal's shoes and begging Carol to take us back. Well... of course we're gonna start thinking about all the good stuff Hal does, what's Carol's problem for not taking him back? I mean, I know she takes him back but scenes like these usually end up in a break up and it's way too boring.
    Save Ferris...

I thought it was cute .

Mighty Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it either. One thing I didn't care for in Johns' GL is that he basically places all the blame for their relationship troubles on Hal and absolves Carol of it, but I've read plenty of older comics and that's not remotely the case.

And this isn't solely Johns' fault and it varies a lot writer to writer but Hal does come off as a bit of a doormat towards his friends (or at least close associates) a lot. Ollie's a huge ******* to him a lot and sometimes Hal gives him **** back but not often, there's the aforementioned Carol stuff, I know there's stuff I'm forgetting but it makes him come off as somebody who's confident in his piloting skills and GL abilities but lacks self esteem even though he's supposed to be confident.

Oh this. I agree with everything. I have never been Geoff Johns' biggest fan. I am fond of his GL run for many reasons, but Hal's characterization is definitely not one of them. And it's strange, because Green Lantern Rebirth in 2004 was spot on in term of his characterization. Hal was capable, heroic, determined and didn't let his guilt hold him down. He knew people were skeptical of him because of Parallax, but Hal knew what he was and what was his, and literally gave zero crap to the people standing in his way due to lack of trust. He did what he had to in order to get things done even if that meant literally knocking Batman off his high horse. Till this day that issue remains as one of my all time favorite.
    I think Hal is a pretty hard character to write, despite popular belief (Oh how many times have I seen people spew nonsense like Hal Jordan is just a pretty white boy). Too much in any direction would destroy his character and make him unlikable. Hal is self-aware, confident but not arrogant, fearless but not reckless, defiant but not hardheaded, free-spirited but not irresponsible. Not many have been able to write him well. GL:TAS, I say, offered an excellent portrayal of balance between every aspect that makes up Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member

you know, i haven't thought of that that way. all of you make sense (johnny, vartox, angry, margaret, even you frontier).

it does take two to tango. and in that regard, hal has been written a bit inconsistently. not only hal, but even carol as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    looks like it, he is my definitive Hal artist, right ahead of Darryl Banks (then the MD Bright, Pat Broderick ect ect).
    i remember pat broderick. i really enjoyed his gl and captain atom run.

yeah, when it comes to drawing green lantern, ivan reis is right up there the top.

Extraordinary Member

Perhaps Hal is a fan of R&B music from the early 1990's. He probably replayed a song too many by Babyface or Keith Sweat before talking to Carol.

Either that, or Hal should have borrowed Ollie's headdress of hyper-masculinity.

I can't wait for that Flash comic when these two team up again. They had a nice dynamic.
    Save Ferris...