Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It's a good time to be a Thor fan. I can't remember anytime other than the last 3 to 4 years he got this much love. In the movies, cartoons and comics.
    I think it's kind of 50/50.

His comics are probably the most prominent they've been in years and we've got an event that's Thor-centric, but Aaron's handling of the Thor mythos and Thor himself has become controversial among the fandom (but not the general comic-buying public, so I guess it doesn't matter).

Ragnarok
    was definitely probably one of the best received MCU films, and the best received of the Thor trilogy, even if I can't look at that movie and not think that the movie is a testament to how Marvel Studios bungled the Thor mythos. But Thor was also pretty awesome in Infinity War.

As far as cartoons...I dunno, I don't think Thor's portrayal in animation has been as strong as during Earth's Mightiest Heroes. They had, like, basically the best depiction of Thor and his mythos in animation that I have ever seen. Avengers: Secret Wars was very Thor-centric, I guess, and they handled some elements of the mythos well if not the point where I'd put it on par with EMH.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

His comics are probably the most prominent they've been in years and we've got an event that's Thor-centric, but Aaron's handling of the Thor mythos and Thor himself has become controversial among the fandom (but not the general comic-buying public, so I guess it doesn't matter).

Ragnarok
    was definitely probably one of the best received MCU films, and the best received of the Thor trilogy, even if I can't look at that movie and not think that the movie is a testament to how Marvel Studios bungled the Thor mythos. But Thor was also pretty awesome in Infinity War.

As far as cartoons...I dunno, I don't think Thor's portrayal in animation has been as strong as during Earth's Mightiest Heroes. They had, like, basically the best depiction of Thor and his mythos in animation that I have ever seen. Avengers: Secret Wars was very Thor-centric, I guess, and they handled some elements of the mythos well if not the point where I'd put it on par with EMH.
    Yeah, there's a lot here I think is spot on

Astonishing Member

Arthur Adams covers are awesome.That´s a outstanding cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ragnarok

didn't Loki fought toe to toe with Odin without even using the Norn stones or whatever in Secret Wars???

or Hulk beating the living crap out of Odin as well in his own series???

Avengers Assemble Verse is still meh.

Extraordinary Member

I am really loving Aaron's run, but then again, I didn't get into comics until 2008-2009. Now, that was a fun time, but not a ton of great Thor towards the end.

So with that in mind, I think Aaron's Thor has really captured a grand and timeless story that we haven't seen in a while. Yes, he has sort of been left to his own devises, but I sort of see his Odin as being a continuation of the previous runs. The guy is old and tired of from past several cappy events.

To make things more complicated, Thor is himself is going through the ringer, which I think Odin also feels bad about and which is straining their relationship even more. Then you have the whole thing with Loki and Freya...

Well, I think Aaron is trying to justify some of the changes and I don't think he does a bad job.

Spectacular Member

my only issue with Aaron (on both Avengers and Thor) is the time jumps, back (avengers) and forward (thor) when I just wish he would stick with the current story line. I keep having to wait for the main story for sometimes for multiple months to get back to it. I don't mind the side stories but do them once the current arc has finished. Might not be his call for all I know, could be that he's been told to hold it all up but still annoying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    my only issue with Aaron (on both Avengers and Thor) is the time jumps, back (avengers) and forward (thor) when I just wish he would stick with the current story line. I keep having to wait for the main story for sometimes for multiple months to get back to it. I don't mind the side stories but do them once the current arc has finished. Might not be his call for all I know, could be that he's been told to hold it all up but still annoying.
    I really like these...most of the time. But yeah, they make things drag so bad. It feels to me like Aaron is trying to give himself different things to wrote so that he doesn't get bored as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So is that 616 Logan or that Cosmic Logan?
    According to JDW, they're the same person and Infinity Watch takes place after RoW and before Uncanny X-Men #11. This is too confusing lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    According to JDW, they're the same person and Infinity Watch takes place after RoW and before Uncanny X-Men #11. This is too confusing lol
    Is the senior editor drunk?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I must get this news to the Loki forum!

Also, WTF?

Bull. Marvel Legacy and Infinity Countdown can't take place before Hunt For Wolverine if they're the same person, which means that several other characters' (the Avengers and X-Men) timelines would be out of sync. Legacy takes place before No Surrender, which took place while the original X-Men Gold roster was still active. Infinity Countdown is immediately after No Surrender. However, Hunt takes place after X-Men Red, which takes place after Gold is concluded.

It's impossible for the Logan who had the Space Infinity Stone to be freshly broken out of the adamantium tomb. The timeline just doesn't fit.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-11-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bull. Marvel Legacy and Infinity Countdown can't take place before Hunt For Wolverine if they're the same person, which means that several other characters' (the Avengers and X-Men) timelines would be out of sync. Legacy takes place before No Surrender, which took place while the original X-Men Gold roster was still active. Infinity Countdown is immediately after No Surrender. However, Hunt takes place after X-Men Red, which takes place after Gold is concluded.
    Lmao they were clearly meant to be the same person, then they decided they're separate and now who knows what they're doing. JDW is saying that the 'stupid ****' Logan is referring to in Uncanny 11 is Infinity which happens right after RoW.

So lost. None of this makes any sense at all lol
    Last edited by The Kid; 02-11-2019 at 01:25 PM.

They can't have changed their minds on how to do it because of how far they plan ahead, unless Paniccia was more drunk at the wheel than realistically possible.

So... there are two and he's lying. Or this is the most forked up return of all time.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They can't have changed their minds on how to do it because of how far they plan ahead, unless Paniccia was more drunk at the wheel than realistically possible.

So... there are two and he's lying. Or this is the most forked up return of all time.
    My guess (just a guess) is that the Infinity Logan was originally meant to be the main Logan returning before they decided to have him return in the X-books so they changed Infinity Logan into a different character. But now idk if they're gonna try to twist it and try and claim they're the same person in the end

Champions confirms that Infinity Countdown is immediately after No Surrender, because Viv moved Snowguard into her house while Vision was undergoing repairs as a result of damage sustained in No Surrender. When Vision is introduced to Amka, it's the first issue after the Champions' Countdown tie-in. Vision had apparently been incapacitated throughout the Infinity Countdown/Wars event. No Surrender also had one of those Where is Wolverine pages that preceded Infinity Countdown.

And since No Surrender definitely takes place before Gold ended, Infinity Countdown can't be after Return of Wolverine (which included Jean in her Red costume).

I think what's happened here is that the Avengers and X offices didn't agree on a plan for Logan's return, and each did their own thing. And now JDW is left trying to solve an impossible puzzle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman