Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Plus it works with Laura being on the superheroic X-men team while Logan, the OG Wolverine, is still doing the dirty work over in X-Force. I like it.

The small saving grace is that its written by Duggan and he's got enough writing cred IMB to be at least given the benefit of the doubt that he won't reduce Laura's entire purpose to just "Stab and be looked at by Synch"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Yeah, same thoughts here, this "romance" was useless and I hope it's never touched upon again. I hate how she never lived through it, but now among fans this it the main thing about her and Synch.
    Also, this team is too straight for having another hetero romance.
    Duggan himself said he voted for Tempo, (she’s queer), but the majority fans voted for Polaris

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The small saving grace is that its written by Duggan and he's got enough writing cred IMB to be at least given the benefit of the doubt that he won't reduce Laura's entire purpose to just "Stab and be looked at by Synch"
    I don't trust him,, his writing of romance is very one sided and he often reduce people to stereotypes

Yeah, same thoughts here, this "romance" was useless and I hope it's never touched upon again. I hate how she never lived through it, but now among fans this it the main thing about her and Synch.
    Also, this team is too straight for having another hetero romance.
    Word on this. Really reduced everything about Laura
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-16-2021 at 08:03 AM.

So glad that Laura is THE WOLVERINE on the main team and we didnt get Logan. They need to promote and call her Wolverine though bc they were still labeling her as X-23 in her recent appearance

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yes! This is just what I was hoping for. Laura has proven herself. Even Logan freely admitted that she's earned the title of Wolverine. Her being on this team makes a lot of sense. She worked closely with Jean during X-Men Red. Plus, she now has a history with Synch. There's so much to look forward to with this. I'm just glad Laura is front and center once more.
    WHAT history? She existed only to be a prop for his character development, AND THEN SHE DIED AT THE END OF IT. She HAS no history with Synch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    WHAT history? She existed only to be a prop for his character development, AND THEN SHE DIED AT THE END OF IT. She HAS no history with Synch.
    Or there are literal centuries(?) of untold content that Synch and she shared to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Or there are literal centuries(?) of untold content that Synch and she shared to mine.
    She enver lived it. So it is only Synch

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She enver lived it. So it is only Synch
    She lived it. She just doesn't remember doing it.

BANNED

No, she didn't live it. The Laura who lived it DIED before being backed up. This Laura never went into the vault. This Laura never hooked up with Sync.

Kind of both yes and no. The VaultLaura lived through it, but she died without having her memories backed up. We currently have before-vault Laura, so for her it never happened.
    It's more than "she just doesn't remember", those memories don't exist, and no one can restore them for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So glad that Laura is THE WOLVERINE on the main team and we didnt get Logan. They need to promote and call her Wolverine though bc they were still labeling her as X-23 in her recent appearance
    Yes! It's amazing that she's the Wolverine of a team. I didn't like how in 19 she was referred to as Wolverine, but on characters page as "X-23".

I hope she gets to shine on this new team, can't wait for the first issue.

Kind of both yes and no. The VaultLaura lived through it, but she died without having her memories backed up. We currently have before-vault Laura, so for her it never happened.
    It's more than "she just doesn't remember", those memories don't exist, and no one can restore them for her.

Yes! It's amazing that she's the Wolverine of a team. I didn't like how in 19 she was referred to as Wolverine, but on characters page as "X-23".

I hope she gets to shine on this new team, can't wait for the first issue.
    Fair fair. Thank you for the non-Raaaarrrrrr response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No, she didn't live it. The Laura who lived it DIED before being backed up. This Laura never went into the vault. This Laura never hooked up with Sync.
    This! Exactly.

Fair fair. Thank you for the non-Raaaarrrrrr response.
    Haha, not all of Laura fans are stabby stabby when it comes to replies
    I didn't enjoy Synch/Wolverine plot, but only cause for years now I only see her as gay. But I also get it why people might like the pairing, so to each their own

No, by any metric, she's a literal different person then who Synch knew; transmigration or not (and I'm still calling a spade a spade until the text explicitly says otherwise.), 280 years makes for a functionally different person.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!