Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It could make sense. Magik would be the expert in mystical threats, Bishop in time travel threats, Gorgon in threats from secret organizations like the Hand or HYDRA and Cyclops the Jack of All Trades.
    They also have some resources that some other mutants don't have. Illyana has an army of Limbo demons, I'm pretty sure Gorgon is still connected to the Hand and might bring them in while Bishop has knowledge of different kind of threats that would come in handy when planning something or to foresee attacks. And Scott is Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. You don't send one of your four main defense commanders as well as the person responsible for communicating with the land you live on into space to find one person. It's like sending the Secretary of Defense and the head of the Fed on a mission to rescue one random soldier overseas. Doug is one of 6 people Krakoa absolutely cannot lose under any circumstances, the others being the 5 who bring the dead back. That's why I say this has to be something much more important to the mutant cause than just finding Sam. It has to be something worth sending a captain and a council member for. Otherwise there's no way the governing council would just let them both go off into space.
    You act like they are going to go live in space forever. They are on a mission and presumably when said mission is done, they will return. Your issue is that they are going to space but would you have the same issue if they went on a mission to the US or Europe? Magik's powers allow her to go back to Krakoa at any point she wants. She is invaluable in space though as the other characters are limited to space ships which can be destroyed/lost but she can get them around quickly and efficiently.

As for Doug, I dont see why a telepath like Xavier cant communicate with Krakoa. If he and Magik were to die anyway, its not like they cant be brought back. HoX set things up such that the characters can be sacrificed as fodder if need be for the greater good bc there are backups which can be used to bring them back

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Anyone wanna spot me $900 so I can pick this up?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...tudios-statue/

Attachment 87860
    A work of art! But sadly I cannot justify that price point. Damn, almost as much as my mortgage!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'd say that new status proves something I've been thinking about... It solidifies Magik being more important to the X-Men then her brother Colossus. I belive nowadays she surpasses him in popularity and depth.
    Hickman recognizes that Magik was always supposed to be a major character in the comics. It is so clear that Claremont wanted her to never leave the books and to be a very significant member.

Thank goodness she was brought back and is wisely (especially in my humble opinion) being focused on! Love it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. You don't send one of your four main defense commanders as well as the person responsible for communicating with the land you live on into space to find one person. It's like sending the Secretary of Defense and the head of the Fed on a mission to rescue one random soldier overseas. Doug is one of 6 people Krakoa absolutely cannot lose under any circumstances, the others being the 5 who bring the dead back. That's why I say this has to be something much more important to the mutant cause than just finding Sam. It has to be something worth sending a captain and a council member for. Otherwise there's no way the governing council would just let them both go off into space.
    We are told in X^3, that a large part of surviving Mutants are in the Shi'ar Galaxy a thousand years from now.

Could Cypher be acting as diplomat to start a mutant protectorate in Shi'ar space?

Is Cannonball's kid the first in the colony?
    Last edited by G0RM; 10-03-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    A work of art! But sadly I cannot justify that price point. Damn, almost as much as my mortgage!
    It really is a shame; that piece captures her attitude perfectly. But yeah. Way too rich for my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Anyone wanna spot me $900 so I can pick this up?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...tudios-statue/

Attachment 87860
    I would not mind spending 900 if she was in the Phoenix 5 or Graduation costume I wouldn't spend a dime on the Bachalo era costume though.

It's a stunning sculpt though. I love how it captures the action of the moment, realistic human proportions and muscle tone, and the battle damage details of the sentinel hand. And honestly, love the costume or not it's represented here as though I'd picture it on a real person.

Hey Illyana fans! I’m stopping by with a personal question for a friend who’s always thought Magik looked super cool and has come around to wanting to read more about her. He’s not the kind of person to want to go back and read back issues, since the outdated art would probably make his lose interest. Are there a few modern day storylines with good art and story that you would be able to recommend to a less than casual comic book reader interested in getting to know more about our favorite Russian Limbo Queen? It’s not my area of expertise so I wanted to get some more refined opinions.

BANNED

New Mutants by Zeb Wells (there's an Ultimate Collection that has his entire run), Uncanny X-Men by Brian Bendis and New Mutants: Dead Souls.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Hey Illyana fans! I’m stopping by with a personal question for a friend who’s always thought Magik looked super cool and has come around to wanting to read more about her. He’s not the kind of person to want to go back and read back issues, since the outdated art would probably make his lose interest. Are there a few modern day storylines with good art and story that you would be able to recommend to a less than casual comic book reader interested in getting to know more about our favorite Russian Limbo Queen? It’s not my area of expertise so I wanted to get some more refined opinions.
    If he's not interested in the older stuff, best primer I can suggest is

X-Infernus and Childhood's End

Or get the complete collection which is The Quest for magik.

It's a pretty solid "Introduction to who Magik is."

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    New Mutants by Zeb Wells (there's an Ultimate Collection that has his entire run), Uncanny X-Men by Brian Bendis and New Mutants: Dead Souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Both of these are spot on suggestions! I second these both.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Both of these are spot on suggestions! I second these both.
    Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated!

Incredible Member

For me, there's no replacement for her Origin in Uncanny X-Men v1 #160 and Magik and Storm #1-4.

After that, The New Mutants v3 #15-21 "The Fall of the New Mutants" plus #25 & #28, then finally Uncanny X-Men (2013) #1-11 & #15

For me, that covers her arc as little girl through Hell Lord & rebuilding herself as ”The Nice One ".

Extraordinary Member

There are new images of her match with Raza in New Mutants. Not posting the image cause of spoilers.