Page 226 of 826 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 12380
    Extraordinary Member

I am hearing that in regards to MCU Wanda that an infinity stone stone unleashed her powers, as opposed to bestowing her with powers.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 04-18-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm saying if you use Deadpool as a film it will have to mention "mutants" which will have people go , oh so where are the X-Men , Cable , etc ? If you do a Deadpool film and say don't use any of that ...well its not gonna work so well.

And yes Deadpool can do jokes about Disney sure.
    They'll just do what they always done in Deadpool. Bring up the X-Men and not show most of them.

If they do any recasting that can be part of the metajoke.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

That is disgusting.

You don't teach traffic safety by hitting a kid with a car, and you don't teach a kid about racism by having him get berated (like being a kid isn't hard enough).

I also like how alleged professional educators are using "but he volunteered!" as an excuse.

I should be surprised that a Black Woman (the head of the Charter School) cosigned that garbage but A) I have a low opinion of Charters in the first place and B) the only way a Black Woman was going to get to run anything in Arizona was if she was a
    sell out of epic levels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    That is disgusting.

You don't teach traffic safety by hitting a kid with a car, and you don't teach a kid about racism by having him get berated (like being a kid isn't hard enough).

I also like how alleged professional educators are using "but he volunteered!" as an excuse.

I should be surprised that a Black Woman (the head of the Charter School) cosigned that garbage but A) I have a low opinion of Charters in the first place and B) the only way a Black Woman was going to get to run anything in Arizona was if she was a
    sell out of epic levels.
    Hmm, I'm not sure if you notice but there's been an uptick of black teachers attempting to exposing black children to racism through ridiculous means, and it's usually older teachers. It seems to be stemming from the idea that our current generation has it "much nicer" than what they had to go through. So I'm not so sure if it resides in "sell out territory." Seems to fit more of the "I had to walk up the hill both ways, barefoot in the snow to get to school" mentality and trying to forcefully push that experience onto the youth.

To be honest, I only see this behavior increasing over time, not decreasing sadly.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure if you notice but there's been an uptick of black teachers attempting to exposing black children to racism through ridiculous means, and it's usually older teachers. It seems to be stemming from the idea that our current generation has it "much nicer" than what they had to go through. So I'm not so sure if it resides in "sell out territory." Seems to fit more of the "I had to walk up the hill both ways, barefoot in the snow to get to school" mentality and trying to forcefully push that experience onto the youth.

To be honest, I only see this behavior increasing over time, not decreasing sadly.
    I think it's where a certain amount of respectability politics come from as well..."We didn't support those sit-ins so that you could walk around with your pants saggin' etc"

I know it's more complex than just that, but...

Extraordinary Member

That's not about teaching that's about venting generational spleen. When most sane people talk about injustice they tend to
    talk about having endured it so that no one else would have to.

They don't then spend the rest of their lives taking it out on the youth.

That is disgusting.

sell out of epic levels.
    Yea. 1 thing though, 'The Root' is fine, I just don't like the usage of some stock image of that young brotha to pulls more feels from a story. As an aside I didn't realize 'The Root' was owned by Univision. I'm on IG daily so I feel there is enough actual troubling black imagery to accompany said story./ $.02.

As far as the bolded goes, do any of you that have kids feel the same about the charters? I kind of do too. School is what you make it but no place with a 7% black population is going to pull some **** like that. Why didn't the teacher 'volunteer' the white girls for her lesson? I did 11/12 years (4th grade in Township) in Indianapolis Public Schools and not only have they completely changed from back in the G1 Transformer days, we didn't have no charter schools. If there was It was beyond me. We've been doing the elementary school thing and decided that a public school is best, per the district. Mostly cause I'm not paying tuition for elementary education but it's still public school, not the public school system, which has be decimated by the charters and pushing us further out the city.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I don't know, there's prolly some of that. Then too, that's teacher pushing 70 if she's still dominated by that mindset. I had a couple of those teachers back in the days but they came up during the meat of desegregation in the 60s. Keeping in mind that public education segregation still happened into the 80s in terms of busing.

I think teachers are made to do it 'outside' the box more than ever, with a generation that doesn't use handwriting and all the while everyone has their own internet machines on them at all times. Gotta get the youth's attention and reading from chapter 7-9 don't cut it nomore. Which usually is a recipe for some corny ass teacher doing way to much to a detriment like this one. Then too again this was Arizona so...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

That's not about teaching that's about venting generational spleen. When most sane people talk about injustice they tend to
    talk about having endured it so that no one else would have to.

They don't then spend the rest of their lives taking it out on the youth.

Oh I completely agree, they may believe they are teaching, but really they're just perpetrating the old vs new. It's like they take the empathy through experience ideology and hammer it on to kids because they know they're malleable. I mean, I know there's a common belief that you can't truly empathize unless you experience it, but this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

As far as the bolded goes, do any of you that have kids feel the same about the charters? I kind of do too. School is what you make it but no place with a 7% black population is going to pull some **** like that. Why didn't the teacher 'volunteer' the white girls for her lesson? I did 11/12 years (4th grade in Township) in Indianapolis Public Schools and not only have they completely changed from back in the G1 Transformer days, we didn't have no charter schools. If there was It was beyond me. We've been doing the elementary school thing and decided that a public school is best, per the district. Mostly cause I'm not paying tuition for elementary education but it's still public school, not the public school system, which has be decimated by the charters and pushing us further out the city.
    My wife teaches elementary.

She routinely talks **** about the Charter Schools in town.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I don't know, there's prolly some of that. Then too, that's teacher pushing 70 if she's still dominated by that mindset. I had a couple of those teachers back in the days but they came up during the meat of desegregation in the 60s. Keeping in mind that public education segregation still happened into the 80s in terms of busing.

I think teachers are made to do it 'outside' the box more than ever, with a generation that doesn't use handwriting and all the while everyone has their own internet machines on them at all times. Gotta get the youth's attention and reading from chapter 7-9 don't cut it nomore. Which usually is a recipe for some corny ass teacher doing way to much to a detriment like this one. Then too again this was Arizona so...
    Hell, my previous manager had that mindset, who is in her 70's. Nice lady, but there was a few times she tried to "baptized me by fire." so to speak. She also recounted that they weren't pushing for integration but more separate but equal mentality. And she's the absolute opposite of a sell out, she even marched in Selma even though she was just a child then.

The Arizona portion probably pays a portion into it as well, but seeing as the other two articles I read this year regarding similar situations happened at different states...I'm leaning more towards generational venting.

anyone catch that they downgraded Monica's powerset in that weekly Avengers book.

Everything Ewing did gone in 2 panels lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    anyone catch that they downgraded Monica's powerset in that weekly Avengers book.

I'm sort of fine with it. I didn't like the undying god direction they were taking her. It reminded me of Wonder Man and I can't stand that character.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Why am I not surprised. we can't have high level black characters, We can't be among the strongest, fastest, etc,

That's one of the biggest reasons of my main characters from my superhero universe is shazam/superman/wonder woman level who's black. The fact
    that we keep getting stuck with low to mid tier area is quite frankly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm sort of fine with it. I didn't like the undying god direction they were taking her. It reminded me of Wonder Man and I can't stand that character.
    I don't even like the character, I just find it wild someone can undo what Ewing did in literally 3 panels lol