Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Its only fitting that Nate comes back after Franklin is enrolled in Krakoan school.

Mighty Member

Never understood why anyone could buy that Franklin would want to go to Krakoa out of any reason other than pure selfishness. With how he's portrayed, Franklin will always make the choice that allows him to get his powers back and maybe his own cult.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well he`s a teenager who used to have the power to make universes on his own and now he can`t even adult heroes whine a little when they lose their powers but I don`t think it`s been clear that`s "exactly" his main motivation, some images show him having an argument with Reed and Reed also has his moments of being less than ideal when it comes to his relationship with his family, I guess we will see on the first issue what`s Franklin`s deal here.

Now I can hilariously see The X-men having different reactions to Franklin going to Krakoa, Xavier of course seems pretty happy and Kitty too because she likes Franklin but I don`t see the X-men being totally on his side, I think they would understand that he`s not thinking that well and probably they will offer a compromise to Sue and Reed so they don`t feel like they are having their child taken from them, a Krakoa flower for Franklin to go whether he likes there would be a perfect middle point of agreetment between both the X-men and Fantastic Four. Maybe that`s why we need Doom`s presence here to bring more controversy to the story and it`s in character for him to want to see what`s the deal with Krakoa and what`s their plan.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-23-2020 at 09:34 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Knowing that it’s possibly just a cover scenario, Magneto vs Invisible Woman is a battle I never knew I needed to see. His ego and power vs her ruthlessness and badassery. After seeing her singlehandedly put the savage whup-up on Doom years ago, this would be so epic to witness.
    Same. Not something I wanted until I saw this cover.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    They're not really dirty tricks at all. She's just more powerful than Magneto, it's just that simple. Susan is terrifying.
    it's not that simple. Magneto will lose because he can lose without his reputation being damaged. mostly because no one expects the villain to win. Susan will win because there are only 4 members of the Fantastic Four. they each need to be seen as powerful enough to face down cosmic level threats. She needs it even more to make up for her being the weakest member at the outset. there's never going to be a story where Sue is overpowered by someone where she isn't given a chance to turn the tables/invalidate that loss. in that way, she's a lot like a female version of dr Doom. on the other hand, Magneto "wrecked" the Phoenix at one point. he's just that good at using his powers. him being shown to be effective in the use of his powers is generally enough for Magneto fans. i, personally, don't need him to solo every threat that he encounters.

It would be a hell of a messy battle.

Bubble inside your brain!

Electromagnetic stroke!

Tore you from the inside out!

Same! But with iron in your blood!

My bet is that she'll make some comment about him thinking of himself as a god before stopping him from breathing. i'd put money on it, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    My bet is that she'll make some comment about him thinking of himself as a god before stopping him from breathing. i'd put money on it, actually.
    Very likely to happen. It's a classic "shut the villain up" move.

Spectacular Member

They both have fancy instakill moves. Both are known for their force fields too. A writer picks a winner in the end. It's not about who is better actually, but how the plot is needed to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's not that simple. Magneto will lose because he can lose without his reputation being damaged. mostly because no one expects the villain to win. Susan will win because there are only 4 members of the Fantastic Four. they each need to be seen as powerful enough to face down cosmic level threats. She needs it even more to make up for her being the weakest member at the outset. there's never going to be a story where Sue is overpowered by someone where she isn't given a chance to turn the tables/invalidate that loss. in that way, she's a lot like a female version of dr Doom. on the other hand, Magneto "wrecked" the Phoenix at one point. he's just that good at using his powers. him being shown to be effective in the use of his powers is generally enough for Magneto fans. i, personally, don't need him to solo every threat that he encounters.
    Agreed I am almost sure Sue is going to win I just hope the fight is creative and interesting

Yes that fight with Jean as Phoenix, Jean had the support of Storm, Cyclops, Colossus,Wolverine and Nightcrawler at the time and still he defeated them but not without a cost to himself but this happened when they all were still actual adversaries, in a traditional superhero brawl were both ppl know most probably there has been a missunderstanding I just can`t see Magneto fighthing back hard or to the death with Sue because there`s really no point, he knows she`s in her right to be worried and angry because of her Son and from experience he knows having a reality warper child is never easy(I know it was retconned but he thought she was his daughter) and Sue has been taking care of hers since Franklin was a baby, he also is grateful to the FF because they helped him(despite his past) and the X-men with Kitty and Storm after the mutant massacre if fact the writer was explicit in saying this story is the second part of that story) so he respects them for this and those are things he doesn`t forget easily. Franklin being part of the X-men has always been more a Charles thing than his anyway. So If he didn`t fight back with the Avengers when they thought he wanted to kidnap the New Mutants instead of being their teacher and taking a lot of physical damage from Namor and Hercules until Magik saved him, if he still hold back on that scenario there`s even less reason for him to fight hard with Sue either especially in this situation and Sue never has been someone who uses lethal force inless it`s really neccesary or the situation is really serious.

This doesn`t mean they can`t have a dynamic and interesting fight with both of them trying to make non lethal moves and have a phylosophical debate while they are at it it`s curious but they have never really interacted in that way, Magneto`s main interaction in the first X-men vs The Fantastic Four was with Jonny,Reed, Thing and Dr Doom but never has said a word to Sue wonder if maybe this crossover will change that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-24-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I am almost sure Sue is going to win I just hope the fight is creative and interesting

Yes that fight with Jean as Phoenix, Jean had the support of Storm, Cyclops, Colossus,Wolverine and Nightcrawler at the time and still he defeated them but not without a cost to himself but this happened when they all were still actual adversaries, in a traditional superhero brawl were both ppl know most probably there has been a missunderstanding I just can`t see Magneto fighthing back hard or to the death with Sue because there`s really no point, he knows she`s in her right to be worried and angry because of her Son and from experience he knows having a reality warper child is never easy(I know it was retconned but he thought she was his daughter) and Sue has been taking care of hers since Franklin was a baby, he also is grateful to the FF because they helped him(despite his past) and the X-men with Kitty and Storm after the mutant massacre if fact the writer was explicit in saying this story is the second part of that story) so he respects them for this and those are things he doesn`t forget easily. Franklin being part of the X-men has always been more a Charles thing than his anyway. So If he didn`t fight back with the Avengers when they thought he wanted to kidnap the New Mutants instead of being their teacher and taking a lot of physical damage from Namor and Hercules until Magik saved him, if he still hold back on that scenario there`s even less reason for him to fight hard with Sue either especially in this situation and Sue never has been someone who uses lethal force inless it`s really neccesary or the situation is really serious.

This doesn`t mean they can`t have a dynamic and interesting fight with both of them trying to make non lethal moves and have a phylosophical debate while they are at it it`s curious but they have never really interacted in that way, Magneto`s main interaction in the first X-men vs The Fantastic Four was with Jonny,Reed, Thing and Dr Doom but never has said a word to Sue wonder if maybe this crossover will change that.
    I'm wondering why she's pictured with the krakoan flower pot in her arms. is she stealing it? i don't expect to see them. but where are Artie and Leech? they were with the Future Foundation last time i checked.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-24-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Artie and Leech should still be there but I have not been reading FF Luna used to be with them too but maybe Crystal took her back with the inhumans.

Yes it looks like Sue is stealing a flower pot who knows if it`s to build habitat or to make a portal to Krakoa, it`s a cover but if this reflects the story maybe their fight will be about the flower but I doubt it since the images we saw from the first issue the Fantastic Four seemed to have an official welcome party in Krakoa after Franklin enters the island.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Valeria was a miscarriage. During the Claremont run of FF, yes that Claremont, the main cast visited some AU where Valeria was alive. One storyline later, Franklin uses his powers to give himself a sister.
    Oh my... let us welcome our fellow wacky mutant brother Franklin to Krakoa!! *NYE horn sound*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sue vs Jean should have been the ultimate battle imo

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Valeria was a miscarriage. During the Claremont run of FF, yes that Claremont, the main cast visited some AU where Valeria was alive. One storyline later, Franklin uses his powers to give himself a sister.
    Sort of. Valerie, not Valeria, was the baby miscarried during Byrne's run, then during Claremont's run a girl named Valeria Von Doom/Marvel Girl (supposedly the daughter of Sue and Doom*) from an alternate future came to the present and stayed (because Claremont wanted a new Rachel). Later on Claremont had both Valeria and Franklin shipped off to basically a space version of the Xavier Institute named Haven right before he left the book. Carlos Pacheco then took over the book and tied up most of the dangling plot threads left over. He revealed that Valeria Von Doom was actually the miscarried baby, Valerie, sent into an alternate timeline by Franklin with help from Roma so that she would eventually help Franklin bring Galactus back to life in order to stop a cosmic being named Abraxas in an extremely convoluted plan. To actually stop Abraxas, Reed had to reboot the entire multiverse without Abraxas in it by firing the Ultimate Nullifier and one of the changes in the new version was that Valeria Von Doom was gone and Sue was pregnant again. This new baby would be named Valeria as the payment Dr. Doom demanded for helping with some complications with the birth.

*Implied to actually be an alternate future version of Reed who remained in Doom's armor after being sealed in it by the Dreaming Celestial in Claremont's run.