Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    What war with Wakanda? The Wakandan delegate was literally the only one that Magneto seemed to respect at that economic summit
    One of many terrible things the mutants were up to according to this forum; until the comics explicitly showed it wasn’t happening and had never been on the cards.

BANNED

yeah magneto and him were friendly, wakanda respectfully refused the economic deal but its very obvious both nations are informal allies or friendly, something magneto even says its "more than enough"

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    What war with Wakanda? The Wakandan delegate was literally the only one that Magneto seemed to respect at that economic summit
    Yes since Genosha their relations were good more or less.

About Franklin:

The thing is that yes the only thing charles needs to do is talk with him and let him make a decision, the problem is that Franklin is still a teenager and is under the supervision of both his parents who have been clear saying that they are not interested in him going to Krakoa or any other mutant school.

In short I guess they are hoping Franklin will say yes now that he`s older and an argument can be made that Franklin needs to begin to make his own decisions even when those don`t align with his parents whishes, they could even argue that Valeria was allowed to stay with Dr Doom for while when she was just three years old.

In the end even if they convince Franklin to come to Krakoa with Kitty`s help making an enemy of former allies like the FF4 has never been something the X-men do no matter the situation. So I hope we get to see a little more grey in the situation because right now this doesn`t look very good.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes since Genosha their relations were good more or less.

About Franklin:

The thing is that yes the only thing charles needs to do is talk with him and let him make a decision, the problem is that Franklin is still a teenager and is under the supervision of both his parents who have been clear saying that they are not interested in him going to Krakoa or any other mutant school.

In short I guess they are hoping Franklin will say yes now that he`s older and an argument can be made that Franklin needs to begin to make his own decisions even when those don`t aling with his parents whishes, they could even argue that Valeria was allowed to stay with Dr Doom for while when she was just three years old.

In the end even if they convince Franklin to come to Krakoa with Kitty`s help making an enemy of former allies like the FF4 has never been something the X-men do no matter the situation. So I hope we get to see a little more grey in the situation because right now this doesn`t look very good.
    oh well about that

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    oh well about that
    I know Krakoa is different from the X-men, my problem is that even from that perspective alienate the FF4 for something that can be arranged with a talk isn`t very smart I don`t think Krakoa needs more enemies
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

Honestly, I'm with Reed and Sue on this. If it was just the X-Men alone, I could understand his side, but the Fantastic Four saw first hand what happened with the villains.

Apocalpyse - tried to kill Franklin

Mr. Sinister - Literal Nazi. Experimented on children with Dr. Mengele. Wants Franklin's DNA cause duh. Also had henchmen who tried to kill Franklin.

Sabretooth - Banished I know, but he also tried to kill Franklin.

But we all know how Franklin is going to approach the idea of getting his powers back.

Franklin: &%#$ you, Mom and Dad, I'm gonna become God again!

BANNED

i dont think the x-men should care about the rest of the superhero community, who has been antagonistic towards mutants more often than supportive

I hope Val, Emma, and Quentin Quire interact. It would be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i dont think the x-men should care about the rest of the superhero community, who has been antagonistic towards mutants more often than supportive
    It's one thing to say they haven't done enough for mutants or something, but the FF haven't been outright antagonistic towards mutants.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I know Krakoa is different from the X-men, my problem is that even from that perspective alienate the FF4 for something that can be arranged with a talk isn`t very smart I don`t think Krakoa needs more enemies
    I feel as though the loss (or estrangement) of their son would break the Richards family and ultimately destroy the Fantastic Four. If not straight away the Fantastic Four would slowly drift apart, they are highly dysfunctional and prone to bickering at the best of time as it is. In this respect Krakow doesn't have to worry about retaliation if they get Franklin, the problem of his parents will take care of itself.

At least that's the way it should go. A fitting and tragic end for Marvels first family. All the super powers in the world can't mitigate their fatal character flaws. But I'm sure Marvels editorial board will otherwise and the Fantastic Four will continue to linger like a bad smell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I feel as though the loss (or estrangement) of their son would break the Richards family and ultimately destroy the Fantastic Four. If not straight away the Fantastic Four would slowly drift apart, they are highly dysfunctional and prone to bickering at the best of time as it is. In this respect Krakow doesn't have to worry about retaliation if they get Franklin, the problem of his parents will take care of itself.

At least that's the way it should go. A fitting and tragic end for Marvels first family. All the super powers in the world can't mitigate their fatal character flaws. But I'm sure Marvels editorial board will otherwise and the Fantastic Four will continue to linger like a bad smell.
    Odds are the retaliation wouldn’t necessarily be from the F4 but from their social circle, namely those mutates whose kids invariably are identified as mutants in the future.

And here’s the thing, while the days of Marvel crapping on the X-Men are over, so are the days they’d exile their non-X/Spider IPs to Image, so destroying the F4 as a show of dominance isn’t on the cards
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 01-30-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Mighty Member

The cast looks full, but I think we really need the Five present since they are probably the most qualified to investigate Franklin's powers. We have a girl who can manipulate power, a boy who can manipulate biology, a girl who manipulates time, a fellow reality warper, and some egg maker. I don't think he would be useful, but I think having them investigate Franklin would be good to get Franklin to interact with mutants close to his age.

It would serve as an excellent callback to Hope and Franklin's first meeting.

Amazing Member

I can't wait for this story to come out. I hope that we get see Rachel interact with Franklin.

Question-Did Artie and Leech move to Krakoa?
    Last edited by Old Owl; 01-30-2020 at 07:36 PM.

I think what Veitha was reffering to is that the X-Men haven't been in good terms with the Avengers for like more than a decade so it's not exactly a Krakoan thing

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I think what Veitha was reffering to is that the X-Men haven't been in good terms with the Avengers for like more than a decade so it's not exactly a Krakoan thing
    Yeah, that's what I meant hahaha it's been a while and they've been ready to say F y'all to other superhero groups. We might even say that right now they're friendlier than they were after Decimation.
    Last edited by Veitha; 01-31-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Fantastic Member

I remember X-Men vs. the Fantastic Four. I thought the friendship between Kitty and Franklin was sweet. I can understand how almost any child would perceive Kitty as an idealized big sister. I think it unfortunate that it took Marvel 30+ years to follow up on this relationship.

BUT, Franklin is now a young man, and Kitty is an attractive young lady. I'm just wondering if teenage Franklin will see her as something other than a older sister?