Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Magik / Hela – extrapolation of Magik and Leah from Siege.

She-Hulk / Vision – they had chemistry in Avengers Vol 4 #24.1

Kitty Pryde / Petra – gets us a queer Kitty and another on the Peter list

John Proudstar / Sophie Cuckoo – Chaos War: X-Men #2 totally sets this up.

Songbird / Radioactive Man – They had good chemistry in Ellis' run. If he can only forgive her for cultural ignorance...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Good one! 10chars.
    Thank you.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Blade with Elektra, Black Panther with Polaris Lorna, Bishop with Jean Grey again, Falcon with Jane Foster and Miles Morales with Kitty Pryde
    Last edited by TheManhunterfromMars; 02-08-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Fantastic Member

Captain America and Jean Grey

Hawkeye and Jean Grey

Tony Stark and Felicia Hardy

Sunspot and Monet St. Croix

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Captain America and Jean Grey
    Another great one. I also thought of this couple once before, around their time together in 'X-Men: Red'.

With Krakoa happening and the X-Men having animosity towards everyone else, I think if these two were together it would make for some interesting dynamics. Or if they had a child years ago, and Marvel kept them around and they decided to have the mutant kid side with Steve over Jean and the mutants, it'd be fun to see.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 02-09-2020 at 02:20 AM.

Emma Frost and Ben Grimm.

Fantastic Member

Another great one. I also thought of this couple once before, around their time together in X-Men: Red.

With Krakoa happening and the X-Men having animosity towards everyone else, I think if these two were together it would make for some interesting dynamics. Or, if they had a child years ago, and Marvel kept them around and they decided to have the mutant kid side with Steve over Jean and the mutants, it'd be fun to see.
    One of the reasons I don't like when the X-Men mix with other characters, is I feel writers write them down and prop up the X. Strangely enough, during Jean Grey's interactions with characters outside the X-Office, I think they keep whomever it is in character. Whether its Captain America, Jessica Jones, Tony Stark.

On a personal level they interest me because Heroism is an aphrodisiac to Jean Grey and there is no bigger hero in the Marvel U, then Steve Rogers. We don't get to see it enough these days but Jean Grey is fun-loving. She is also very funny, not in a snark-bot kind of way but a kind of dry humor she has, even when it comes to making fun of herself. It'd be interesting seeing Steve and Jean opposite each other.

One of the reasons I don't like when the X-Men mix with other characters, is I feel writers write them down and prop up the X. Strangely enough, during Jean Grey's interactions with characters outside the X-Office, I think they keep whomever it is in character. Whether its Captain America, Jessica Jones, Tony Stark.

On a personal level they interest me because Heroism is an aphrodisiac to Jean Grey and there is no bigger hero in the Marvel U, then Steve Rogers. We don't get to see it enough these days but Jean Grey is fun-loving. She is also very funny, not in a snark-bot kind of way but a kind of dry humor she has, even when it comes to making fun of herself. It'd be interesting seeing Steve and Jean opposite each other.
    I think one of the biggest wasted potentials with Jean Grey was having her not join Captain America and the Avengers as the Phoenix after she was brought back to life during 'Phoenix Resurrection'. They brought her back and then sent the Phoenix Force away. I would have kept the Phoenix Force with Jean and have her decide to keep away from the X-Men for a while; what with Cyclops being dead, and finding out that he was treated so poorly by their family. She forgave everyone far too quickly in my opinion, especially the inhumans and Black Bolt.

This could've led Jean to joining the Avengers and as their story progressed together she could have confronted her teammates one by one, talking about the 'Avengers vs. X-Men' situation—which involved the Phoenix Force that's part of her—their failure to assist the mutants of the world, and their treatment of her husband. She could've done this all while working as an Avenger. The most compelling interactions would've been with Steve Rogers, Captain America. Thus leading to a romance between Jean Grey and Cap!

I think that could've made for a better use of Jean than 'X-Men: Red'. She could've grown much more realistically and they could have not only explored the Avengers' stance on mutants and mutant problems, but also cleaned up the mess that was 'Avengers vs. X-Men' retroactively, do some character deep dives, and even have Jean be questioned of her place among mutants as the Avengers point out her cosmic place in the universe. Sort of like an 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' situation where Aang is an air nomad, but his duties as the Avatar trump his desires as a monk. The Avengers could point out that while Jean was born a mutant, the Phoenix Force made her a part of the cosmic landscape, making her responsibilities be to all the people in the universe, not just mutants.

I don't know, just some dumb stuff I think about. All of this while she locks lips with Cap, of course!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 02-09-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

The Avengers could point out that while Jean was born a mutant, the Phoenix Force made her a part of the cosmic landscape, making her responsibilities be to all the people in the universe, not just mutants.
    She could even have spent some time with the real cosmic wild bunch, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Thor, Nova, Supernova, etc. after a stint as an Avenger, showcase that she's a real cosmic player now, and maybe a bit constrained back on Earth, hanging around with a team of those who are not quite at that level.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

John Proudstar / Sophie Cuckoo – Chaos War: X-Men #2 totally sets this up.
    He was in his 20s and she was like 15...

I think one of the biggest wasted potentials with Jean Grey was having her not join Captain America and the Avengers as the Phoenix after she was brought back to life during 'Phoenix Resurrection'. They brought her back and then sent the Phoenix Force away. I would have kept the Phoenix Force with Jean and have her decide to keep away from the X-Men for a while; what with Cyclops being dead, and finding out that he was treated so poorly by their family. She forgave everyone far too quickly in my opinion, especially the inhumans and Black Bolt.

This could've led Jean to joining the Avengers and as their story progressed together she could have confronted her teammates one by one, talking about the 'Avengers vs. X-Men' situation—which involved the Phoenix Force that's part of her—their failure to assist the mutants of the world, and their treatment of her husband. She could've done this all while working as an Avenger. The most compelling interactions would've been with Steve Rogers, Captain America. Thus leading to a romance between Jean Grey and Cap!

I think that could've made for a better use of Jean than 'X-Men: Red'. She could've grown much more realistically and they could have not only explored the Avengers' stance on mutants and mutant problems, but also cleaned up the mess that was 'Avengers vs. X-Men' retroactively, do some character deep dives, and even have Jean be questioned of her place among mutants as the Avengers point out her cosmic place in the universe. Sort of like an 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' situation where Aang is an air nomad, but his duties as the Avatar trump his desires as a monk. The Avengers could point out that while Jean was born a mutant, the Phoenix Force made her a part of the cosmic landscape, making her responsibilities be to all the people in the universe, not just mutants.

I don't know, just some dumb stuff I think about. All of this while she locks lips with Cap, of course!
    I like both your thoughts here, not just on the Jean Grey/Steve Rogers pairing, but also on the overarching divide between the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel Universe and the logical sense of betrayal Jean could've felt or expressed at finding out that unlike when she was possessed by the Phoenix and everyone came to her aid, everyone shunned and condemned her erstwhile love Scott Summers for what he did while driven out of his mind and sense of reason by the Phoenix and even after his death for actions that turned out to not be his actions at all. That being said, I could argue as well that when it's Spider-Man teaming up with the X-Men, both he and the X-Men are usually treated respectfully in regards to their characterization, notwithstanding the uncharacteristic hostility from most of the X-Men toward him in the all-too-short Spider-Man and the X-Men series. On the subject of pairings, if Jean's aphrodisiac is indeed heroism, then Spider-Man would be a good pairing for her, too, since he is the biggest hero in the present-day/canon Marvel Universe outside Captain America (and often, future-set stories or time travelers from the future will state that he goes on to surpass Cap as the greatest hero of their era, no disrespect intended) and barring One More Day. Then again, if Jean/Spidey were to happen, it could make for an awkward double date with their respective clones, whom I think would make a great romantic pair as well.

Elektra and Winter Soldier
    9e89922f1cdd318f52281826aa7256a1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Elektra and Winter Soldier
    9e89922f1cdd318f52281826aa7256a1.jpg
    That would be an interesting one. Throw in Punisher and Black Widow for a surprisingly awkward double-date, and it'll be real fun.

Aunt May and Galactus

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Marvel editors/Sanity
    C'mon now you're just being silly. Pie in the sky I tell ya.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."