Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So I was thinking, we don't get many DC heroes with a reasonable approach to lethal force. They either shun it entirely or kill like they're GTA protagonists. Maybe Artemis could serve the role as someone who takes a pragmatic approach to heroes using lethal force?
    I've always thought Artemis could be the Jason Todd of the Arrow family, but I think she'd probably be more on par with Huntress (if maybe a little less willing to kill) then Red Hood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've always thought Artemis could be the Jason Todd of the Arrow family, but I think she'd probably be more on par with Huntress (if maybe a little less willing to kill) then Red Hood.
    Hmm
    Oli- Bruce
    Dinah- Kate (The current female lead)
    Roy- Dick
    Connor- Cass
    Mia- Steph
    Emiko- Damian
    Cissie- Tim (Normal kids who happen to be prodigies and have a bad relationship with a parent that they work through)

Yup, the Jason and Helena slots are still open Personally, depending on how things play out with his story, I could maybe see Diggle being the team's Huntress, and Artemis their Jason. After all, Jason himself is only killing now when he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hmm
    Oli- Bruce
    Roy- Dick
    Connor- Cass
    Mia- Steph
    Emiko- Damian
    Cissie- Tim (Normal kids who happen to be prodigies and have a bad relationship with a parent that they work through)

Yup, the Jason and Helena slots are still open Personally, depending on how things play out with his story, I could maybe see Diggle being the team's Huntress, and Artemis their Jason. After all, Jason himself is only killing now when he needs to.
    I've always thought of Mia as Tim's equivalent by virtue of the fact that she was the second Speedy, and the first one Ollie took on after his fallout with Roy.

I also think Selina is Dinah's equivalent in the Batfamily even if she's not as much of a matriarch, by virtue of her standing with other Batfamily members, as Dinah is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've always thought of Mia as Tim's equivalent by virtue of the fact that she was the second Speedy, and the first one Ollie took on after his fallout with Roy.
    See your point about Tim, but I think Steph is closer to Mia as 1)They have similar designs and "voices", 2) They both come from low income backgrounds, 3) They've both had real life experiences, very unique to them among major DC characters (A teen pregnancy and being HIV positive) and 4) The patriarchs were very against them being heroes for a long time.

Just my take of course. Plus there's just the fact that I see more in common between Tim and Cissie.

Hmm
    Oli- Bruce
    Roy- Dick
    Connor- Cass
    Mia- Steph
    Emiko- Damian

My view of it is

Dick - Connor

Both were successors to their respective mentors and are noted for lacking the flaws they have.

Roy - Jason

Both tend to be the most flawed of their families and have spent time as villains.

Sin - Cass

Asian teenage girls who were groomed to become assassins. I admit to cheating with this since Sin was more a Birds of Prey character than a Green Arrow character.

Diggle - Sasha Bordeaux

Bodyguards who were brought into the crusade.

Dinah and Kate I'm not sure about as Kate's position as the main female lead isn't typical of Batman stories as opposed to Dinah's position in the Green Arrow franchise. I want to say Dinah is Selina but their personalities and dynamics with the main leads are far too different.

The rest I agree with. Leaving Artemis as the Huntress character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To paraphrase Kaldur, do we need a quota on archers?
    yes apparently with emiko joing the teen titans, I guess you need all the bases covered

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    yes apparently with emiko joing the teen titans, I guess you need all the bases covered
    I thought Emiko was just guest starring?

Anyway, which relationship do you feel is more important to Artemis' development? Her dad, her mom or her sister?

Spectacular Member

Another Roy Thomas character!!

Next to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, no one created more enduring characters in the history of comics!

If you were to give Artemis another civilian name which would it be? I'd go with Opal (given her sister is also named for a type of stone) or Ingrid just because I don't think anyone has that name in the DCU.

Hmm
    Oli- Bruce
    Roy- Dick
    Connor- Cass
    Mia- Steph
    Emiko- Damian

I always saw Diggle as their Nightwing and Roy as their Jason (Hotheaded Ex-Sidekick who estranged themselves from their Mentor) but fair enough