Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Zachary Levi has been Cast as the DCEU Shazam

BANNED

I honestly thought this was a troll post when I saw it...

But you know what? I was hoping for Joshua Sasse....but I can kinda see Levi in the roll.

That said, like with ALL of DC's movies, I'll only believe it's really getting made once I see a poster.

Well. He's been cast now and supposedly its happening before Flashpoint's movie (Funnily enough Jeffrey Dean Morgan hinted on Jimmy Kimmel Live, that DC are bringing him in for Flashpoint as Thomas Wayne Batman...)

Honestly I can't wait to see Zac Levi vs The Rock...
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-27-2017 at 03:15 PM.

I would not have expected it, but I think Levi has the charm and the ability to channel child-like wonder and mannerisms to pull it off .

Now all he needs to do is really bulk up for the role .

I imagine now they'll probably cast a kid who resembles Levi.

I also guess that means we'll never see Fandral in a Marvel movie again though...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would not have expected it, but I think Levi has the charm and the ability to channel child-like wonder and mannerisms to pull it off .

Now all he needs to do is really bulk up for the role .

I imagine now they'll probably cast a kid who resembles Levi.

I also guess that means we'll never see Fandral in a Marvel movie again though...
    Or they'll recast him. Levi only really did The Dark World (Chuck's final season stopped him from being in the first Thor)

I can see it, but he is either going to have to bulk up quite a bit or they are going to CGI him. Regardless I’m super pumped about this movie.

Spectacular Member

Unexpected but the more I look, the more he seems like the right fit, I'm sooo glad to his is the next film out after Aquaman

Solid choice. Zachary Levi is a good choice. Would have been one of my top post-Routh/pre-Cavill choices for Superman, and he definitely has the comedic chops for Adult Billy.

And he is sneaky-tall: 6'3". He can bulk up to match with the 6'4" Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-27-2017 at 04:21 PM.

It could also prove great for Levi's career and turn him into an A-Lister or at the very least a Household Nane

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Solid choice. Zachary Levi is a good choice. Would have been one of my top post-Routh/pre-Cavill choices for Superman, and he definitely has the comedic chops for Adult Billy.

And he is sneaky-tall: 6'3". He can bulk up to match with the 6'4" Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam.
    Dang. Never would have guessed he's that tall. Just a LITTLE toning and bulking would do wonder, I think. Not really sure you need bulging super big biceps for this. Gotta be fit, but not steroid bulky...

And it's the acting that will sell it...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Dang. Never would have guessed he's that tall. Just a LITTLE toning and bulking would do wonder, I think. Not really sure you need bulging super big biceps for this. Gotta be fit, but not steroid bulky...

And it's the acting that will sell it...
    Shazzam is bigger then superman
    he is exactly a bodybuilder in a suit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Shazzam is bigger then superman
    he is exactly a bodybuilder in a suit
    Nah, don't think so.

I'll buy someone with a non-bulky physique, like a quarterback or an NBA guard. That works.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Nah, don't think so.

I'll buy someone with a non-bulky physique, like a quarterback or an NBA guard. That works.
    Has Shazam ever been portrayed that way? Off the top of my head I can't recall him ever *not* being a huge guy.

As for the casting.....not someone I ever would have considered, but he seems like a good actor from what little I've seen (never watched Chuck). So.....sure? Honestly, I have roughly 0.05% interest in any DC film anyway so I dont really have a horse in this race. Mostly Im just pissed that Man of Steel 2 wasn't listed as one of the films going into production next year.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This movie and Aquaman are the two DC movies I am really looking forward to.