• Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Or wait for the inevitable reset like the industry always has.

Fallen Angels is the first to get canned. Betcha $100.
    Eh we'll see Hickman's plans is to get the X-Men out of the rut of "reliving the greatest hits" that they've been stuck in for over a decade now and tell new and interesting stories if he succeeds you may be waiting on that reset for at least a couple of years to a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    A thought for as the event unfolds: how is this different from a mash-up of Battle of the Atom and Utopia/Genosha with some modifications?
    I imagine it hinges on the execution and follow through.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

All the X-Men asexually reproduce. Cut off an arm and it grows into a fully functioning Cyclops.
    No, that only happens if you cut off your eye.

A thought for as the event unfolds: how is this different from a mash-up of Battle of the Atom and Utopia/Genosha with some modifications?
    why do you think is similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Fan Q&A began with a fan asking about Iceman being gay and a fan theory about Jean Grey brainwashing him into being gay"

Someone actually went there, in person, and said this nonsense out loud to a room full of people?... I can't.
    ... what was the response?

They could literally replace all the X-Men and they'd say is the same thing cause Polaris is on limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh we'll see Hickman's plans is to get the X-Men out of the rut of "reliving the greatest hits" that they've been stuck in for over a decade now and tell new and interesting stories if he succeeds you may be waiting on that reset for at least a couple of years to a decade.
    6 ongoings in 2019

From a publisher that has over saturated the market with relaunches, #1s, and variants

Built a staggering amount of illwill and distrust between retailers and consumers

Banking on one creator’s experimental ideas to fix a franchise that said publisher has self-gutted for ~10 years

Pushed through “Waves” in which the creative teams are unbalanced in terms of skill and name recognition that may or may not carry sales

you may be waiting on that reset for at least a couple of years to a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    ... what was the response?
    "Hickman joked that all answers about Bobby can be found in Heroes in Crisis #8, before saying Bobby is in Marauders."

...I don't really get the joke/reference lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    why do you think is similar?
    This is one I'd actually rather not answer myself. I simply wanted to raise the question for future consideration, and read others' answers if they have answers and choose to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, that only happens if you cut off your eye.
    Odin is a mutant.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

6 X-Men ongoings in 2019? Ambitious, Marvel. Even more so than a Mary Jane Watson ongoing.
    The new one isn't ongoing, but she has had one before. Lasted 20 issues.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spide...ary_Jane_Vol_1

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    What happened to the Xmen swapping costumes cuz Hickman said it was like streetwear for them. Jean is still stuck looking like she crawled out of the 60s.
    The X-Force cover seems to show her 90s pants under her dress. If she's mixing and matching like that, please show her blue and red costume being destroyed! She shouldn't be wearing mixed up clothing if she still has that costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Kitty leading an X-Men team again? I am shuddering just thinking of how she was forced down our throats with X-Men Gold. That book made me HATE Kitty. I am not sure I am ready to read about her again.

It's also strange to me that on a team with Storm, Emma and Bishop, she's the leader? Particularly since Emma is funding things. I want to be excited for this book but Captain Kate is giving me so much heartburn.
    At least this time she's just leading a team, not the entire X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Xavier is making her wear it and call herself "Marvel Girl". He made her change her clothes in Rosenbergs Astonishing X-Men Annual
    lol - she does seem to have regressed!

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    Man, "Kate" is never gonna happen.

It's as appealing as Ric Grayson.
    Actually, her deciding to be called Kate was set up as far back as Days of Future Past.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Marauders seems cool for me.

X-Men: finally, my dream comes true! Except, I'm not happy that Logan is here, you're not a Summers back-off you motherf*cker! Also, I don't like it's teen Cable and not old beloved Cable too!

New Mutants: where is Cannonball it was quasi-perfect why Marvel???
    Needing a rescue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

6 ongoings in 2019

From a publisher that has over saturated the market with relaunches, #1s, and variants

Built a staggering amount of illwill and distrust between retailers and consumers

Banking on one creator’s experimental ideas to fix a franchise that said publisher has self-gutted for ~10 years

Pushed through “Waves” in which the creative teams are unbalanced in terms of skill and name recognition that may or may not carry sales

Time will tell lol just in case save some room for that crow

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post

Yu sure loves to do this

Astonishing Member

6 ongoings in 2019

Hickman is just one in a long line of writers Marvel is banking onto to save the X-Men. Frankly they currently are trying to expand the line too quickly especially given the unhealthy recent numbers. Marvel clearly wants a quick turn around, but it remains a question if the readership exists for these new books. I think Excalibur, Fallen Angels and Marauders are dead on arrival. Especially Excalibur (and MI-13) which even during the much better Quesada years was never a strong seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Hickman is just one in a long line of writers Marvel is banking onto to save the X-Men. Frankly they currently are trying to expand the line too quickly especially given the unhealthy recent numbers. Marvel clearly wants a quick turn around, but it remains a question if the readership exists for these new books. I think Excalibur, Fallen Angels and Marauders are dead on arrival. Especially Excalibur (and MI-13) which even during the much better Quesada years was never a strong seller.
    I think Marauders actually might sell just because it's so unique. The idea of a super hero team that is treated like a team of villains has a unique take. Obviously to the mutants the Marauders are heroes, but to the humans and world at large they are going to be considered as a team of villains.

I am curious with Excalibur and the exploration of a connection with mutants and magic.

I guess I am a fan, the only book I am on the fence about is Fallen Angels and I might see how the first couple of issues go on that one.

But X-Men, X-Force, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants I definitely want to follow all five of them.

Spectacular Member

I really worry that the name alone is is going to hurt Marauders' sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    I really worry that the name alone is is going to hurt Marauders' sales.
    Yup. I'm a dirty digital foreigner and I've only been in an LCS once so I don't know if it is the exception or the rule, but I was shocked to find that everything is sorted alphabetically rather than by company or franchise. So people who go look for anything X-Men will walk right past it. But maybe it will attract some curious Miles Morales: Spider-Man readers!