Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I remember when Force Awakens was released and the reactions here. While Finn being a janitor came up, it was actually low on the list of problems folks here had with his character. But even if the reverse were true, it still would prove the case of reverse racism in the SS movie.
    Yeah and when you realize what real power a janitor has (access to everything including the stuff folks don't want public) you realize the best person to use to destroy a place would be the guy who cleans it.

I thought the hoteps would be out in force to see black panther.
    They are out in force with PURE HATE for the movie.

And they are coming out of the wood work.

And when you listen to them or their leader (Shawn James)-you have to laugh at them.

You can't be mad about Black Panther having white creators while praise Luke Cage or Blade.

They view support for the movie-blacks BEGGING for approval from whites.

The movie is SJW. While there is way more praise for the women in the film than the lead-SJW is not what I would call it. I would say it's FINALLY showing black men & women as equals. It shows black females as smart, lead when needed, supporters of the leader and can defend themselves. What we ALL screamed to see in a film let alone black film for YEARS.

And worst of all they belittle the efforts to take kids to see the film. Why is the HELL would I get mad about that? There are kids who have never been to a movie theater. What black movie that was not rated R could you take them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Speaking of DC not having a plan, I think it would be wise to at least either let Snyder go or reduce his influence drastically. I fear Justice League underperforming might give him the leverage to hold on longer though.

Ah and Bay might be directing a Lobo movie for Warner Bros.
    Given they changed so much of Justice League to try and get away from Snyder's universe, I don't think that's a worry. The studio definitely isn't letting him near another DC film anytime soon.
    Last edited by Holt; 02-09-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He'll always be "the black guy on Square One" to me. R.I.P.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yeah and when you realize what real power a janitor has (access to everything including the stuff folks don't want public) you realize the best person to use to destroy a place would be the guy who cleans it.

They are out in force with PURE HATE for the movie.

And they are coming out of the wood work.

And when you listen to them or their leader (Shawn James)-you have to laugh at them.

You can't be mad about Black Panther having white creators while praise Luke Cage or Blade.

They view support for the movie-blacks BEGGING for approval from whites.

The movie is SJW. While there is way more praise for the women in the film than the lead-SJW is not what I would call it. I would say it's FINALLY showing black men & women as equals. It shows black females as smart, lead when needed, supporters of the leader and can defend themselves. What we ALL screamed to see in a film let alone black film for YEARS.

And worst of all they belittle the efforts to take kids to see the film. Why is the HELL would I get mad about that? There are kids who have never been to a movie theater. What black movie that was not rated R could you take them?
    That's another reason for that person to hate it. He doesn't like women in general and black women in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    RIP Dirty Dee.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    He'll always be "the black guy on Square One" to me. R.I.P.
    I loved that show as a kid....

RIP Cathey .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Speaking of DC not having a plan, I think it would be wise to at least either let Snyder go or reduce his influence drastically. I fear Justice League underperforming might give him the leverage to hold on longer though.
    I thought that was already a done deal. That Justice League was his last film. Is there evidence to the contrary that Snyder is involved in any way with DC Films going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I thought that was already a done deal. That Justice League was his last film. Is there evidence to the contrary that Snyder is involved in any way with DC Films going forward?
    Well a week ago I believe there were rumors there was going to be a "Snyder cut" of the Justice League movie on DVD/blu-ray, that his version was more complete than previously thought. Though to be fair even if true it doesn't exactly mean he's sticking around. I just thought it was odd that it would pop up.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    the one thing I can't wait to ridicule is all the thinkpieces from white people about Black Panther and what they think it means
    I came across this this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMKHY7onH6o&t=280s

First he points us to his facebook page where he questions critics ability to give the BP movie an honest review. Then he admits that he normally doesn't like superhero movies but will see this one because black people are so excited about it and he wants to see if it's going to be "race obsessed" and anti-white people. And somehow he links wanting to see this film with some people thinking that all white people are racist?

Anyone feel like explaining the joke "they asked to touch my hair?"

I've looked over it a dozen times, and it seems predicated on the idea of touching black people's heads for luck.

Did millennials even know about the superstition before April Reign brought it up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    EVO is 3days? I do wonder why MVC doesn't make it in..?
    They realized there was no Sentinel and said "Man, **** that noise." More seriously the game's been a PR dumpster fire since announced so they probably wanted to wash their hands of it. The real surprise is that they didn't just bring back Ultimate Marvel 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The current rumor going around is that he was straight up fired, and the stuff about him leaving of his own choice was just WB trying to save face. I really feel for his family after what happened to their daughter.
    Last edited by Holt; 02-10-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

Went to a comic con today.

Jim Starlin, Jim Shooter, Larry Hama, Mike Grell, John Beatty, Mike Zeck and others were there.

I got pictures with Larry & Jim Starlin.

Could not get near Jim Shooter-the LINE was too long.

Starlin's was long that it was outside the building where it was 33 degrees.

Met Ron Wilson (Marvel Two in One, Icon & Blood Syndicate) and talked to him for about 20 minutes.

Al Milgron and I was the ONLY person to have him sign an Archie trade. And the funniest thing was seeing him trying to make change for someone and he pulls out this HUGE wad of money (almost a thousand).

Even met a guy Jeremy Clark-who I remembered from a con 4 years ago talking to Scott Hama about his art and now he does it professionally. He mainly does the Grim Fairy Tales company books.

Book wise-I now have the complete Disney Talespin comic run. All New Cap America variant issue 3. Venom 150 & Silver Sable 36 for a buck each.

For as bad as the weather was-it was crowed and there were POC & women in large numbers as well as kids-so take that Shawn James & Diversity & Comics-they do buy comics.

And what is so special about Batgirl #12? That book and the Supergirl variants were the main books folks were looking for.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I came across this this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMKHY7onH6o&t=280s

First he points us to his facebook page where he questions critics ability to give the BP movie an honest review. Then he admits that he normally doesn't like superhero movies but will see this one because black people are so excited about it and he wants to see if it's going to be "race obsessed" and anti-white people. And somehow he links wanting to see this film with some people thinking that all white people are racist?
    Wouldn't mind seeing a good "isolationism vs. globalism" discussion pervading the story.