Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    If it isn't clear to you that it's not a post meant to be taken seriously then I repeat it is a jocular post meant to poke fun at the trope.
    Thanks for clarifying. I know there are people who would unironically be in favor of that, so it was hard to tell.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    How about Dick's pissed that Bruce just left him to rot as a delusional hobo with brain trauma. Babs, Damian, Spoiler, and Huntress can also make cases for being discarded collateral damage. Alfred's death could be the tipping point.
    Bruce tried to restore Dick's memory though - he hired the best brain surgeon in the whole world and wanted to hire the second best when the best didn't work. Its just Ric got angry whenever anyone tried to help him - wasn't really all that much Bruce can do in that case. Because he cannot really force Ric into having Brain treatment he doesn't want.

Barbara as well wasn't really discarded. Didn't Bruce spend millions funding experimental treatment to get her to walk again, plus he must have provided all the equipment and stuff for her clocktower and her being Oracle. and for Damian he literally went to hell and back to revive him.

Arguebly Spoiler and Huntress might have an arguement, since I dont think we have ever really seen Bruce be particularly supportive to either of them following a disaster.

I think the last thing the Batfamily needs is a Civil War storyline. The family barely feels really close as is.

It reminds me of one of my main issue's with Tynion's 'Tec run where it felt like he was tearing down the team more then he was building them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the last thing the Batfamily needs is a Civil War storyline. The family barely feels really close as is.

It reminds me of one of my main issue's with Tynion's 'Tec run where it felt like he was tearing down the team more then he was building them up.
    I'd like to see a book which pairs random members of the batfamily together. Because currently some characters feel like they do not know each other cause they hardly ever interact.

I'd like to see a Bruce, Helena and Jason team up or Barbara and Damian or Luke and Duke etc. Would be fun to see different characters play off each other who arent usually together.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'd like to see a book which pairs random members of the batfamily together. Because currently some characters feel like they do not know each other cause they hardly ever interact.

I'd like to see a Bruce, Helena and Jason team up or Barbara and Damian or Luke and Duke etc. Would be fun to see different characters play off each other who arent usually together.
    This just reminded me that I think Bruce has had, like, one panel of interaction with Huntress, which is kind of hilarious .

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Bruce tried to restore Dick's memory though - he hired the best brain surgeon in the whole world and wanted to hire the second best when the best didn't work. Its just Ric got angry whenever anyone tried to help him - wasn't really all that much Bruce can do in that case. Because he cannot really force Ric into having Brain treatment he doesn't want.

Barbara as well wasn't really discarded. Didn't Bruce spend millions funding experimental treatment to get her to walk again, plus he must have provided all the equipment and stuff for her clocktower and her being Oracle. and for Damian he literally went to hell and back to revive him.

Arguebly Spoiler and Huntress might have an arguement, since I dont think we have ever really seen Bruce be particularly supportive to either of them following a disaster.
    Bruce hired the Court of Owls, and then apparently Scare Crow. If Bruce did any kind of follow up he might have figured it out, or at least that it’s not safe to let this person just be completely on his own. Ric has the mind of a child and obviously brain trauma. So what if he got angry, he’s a delusional child with mental trauma. Dick was literally left to live on the street as a hobo and then was immediately preyed upon by various Bat villains. According to their story, which is is completely thoughtless and **** don’t get me wrong. Bruce wrote Dick off and left him to the wolves after he didn’t get what he wanted.

Babs they would have to spin, but Damian was initially rejected by Bruce till Dick gave Damian a chance. And even now he’s so distant with Damian it makes Deathstroke uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-29-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Maybe not a civil rather just a break from each other. I get why they need Bruce to push others but I feel at times DC does it too often. They are more of a dysfunctional family. But it doesn't often feel like love is there at times

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    As long as fans don't start complaining about their favorites aren't getting enough focus because resources are split.
    That literally always happens. Fan artists can't even make fan art of their ideal Batfamily without someone crying about their favorite nobody-Bat character not being in the picture.

Yes, it's too big. Slay everyone but Babs and Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yes, it's too big. Slay everyone but Babs and Dick.
    Nope. It's not big enough.

I'm not just saying that because I like all of them and they're good characters, I'm saying that because the area they'd have to cover is so large they need everyone they can get. The main islands of Gotham alone, without counting sewers, subways, and bridges, are over 40 square miles in total. That's about the size of Paris, or about twice as big as Manhattan, and that's just the land. There's still all the waterways and mainland areas to add to that, and even then there's still hundreds of miles of sewers and subways. Hundreds of multiple-floor buildings, too.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-30-2019 at 01:14 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

now that I think about it the batfamily is way to big, we should kill them all off, Bruce and Alfred included. let the whole line go extinct and make more room for what the people really want; more Clayface.*

* I'm 100% being sarcastic
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    now that I think about it the batfamily is way to big, we should kill them all off, Bruce and Alfred included. let the whole line go extinct and make more room for what the people really want; more Clayface.*

* I'm 100% being sarcastic
    I'd actually read an elseworlds story about the batfamily getting along and fighting crime in Gotham - and at the end it's revealed that everyone of the batfamily died long ago and that Clayface is impersonating them to keep crime in Gotham from escalating.

The Batfam should consist of direct family members, their ancillary cast members do not count but operate in Gotham with Batmans blessings or count as partners/aides. These members differ from other Gotham vigilantes in that they have access to the Bat Network.

Batfam
    Bruce
    Dick
    Jason
    Tim
    Damien
    Alfred
    Duke
    Babs
    Cass
    Stephanie (very much an odd one, but yes)

Aides
    Azrael
    Gotham Girl
    Huntress
    Batwing
    Redeemed Rogues (Clayface/2-face etc)
    Batwoman
    Blue Bird
    Talon

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The Batfam should consist of direct family members, their ancillary cast members do not count but operate in Gotham with Batmans blessings or count as partners/aides. These members differ from other Gotham vigilantes in that they have access to the Bat Network.

Batfam
    Bruce
    Dick
    Jason
    Tim
    Damien
    Alfred
    Duke
    Babs
    Cass
    Stephanie (very much an odd one, but yes)

Aides
    Azrael
    Gotham Girl
    Huntress
    Batwing
    Redeemed Rogues (Clayface/2-face etc)
    Batwoman
    Blue Bird
    Talon
    Except Kate Kane IS family. She's Bruce's first cousin on his mother's side.

Also; its "Damian."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except Kate Kane IS family. She's Bruce's first cousin on his mother's side.

Also; its "Damian."
    Kate Kane operates irrespective of Bruce. She'd be Batwoman if he let her in on it or not.