Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Default Isn't Legacy really rather good!..?

I'm so far enjoying Legacy, and looking at my previews just out for January issues it looks to me like there's more good stuff coming!

Avengers: No Surrender, 16 part saga, is going to be fantastic..everyone is going to be in it!

Another mini epic on the X side of things Phoenix Resurrection..!.

Adam Warlock's return in Guardians #150!!

Waid and Samnee on Cap America, with Kraven in!

Marvel 2 in 1..Ben and Johnny, nice!

Excalibur in X - Gold Annual..! X titles looking good these days!

Defenders #9 Another good title..extra roster members? Spider-Woman on the cover!

I like how Marvel are slowly but surely pulling back "Legacy" characters, but how they seem to be throwing everyone out there...all sorts of characters not seen for a while...something for everyone...to me it reminds of as it says a legacy that's fantastic...although I like DC, I'm still more Marvel and love so many more of their characters...

And all the colour and "pizzazz" that goes with the books coming out under Legacy, some great teams and lovely vibrant artwork!

Going to cost me a fortune, but:

Make Mine Marvel!

Jon

too early to tell, imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    too early to tell, imo.

Agreed

Nothing I've seen so far has altered my opinion either way

The avengers combo book run actually puts me off them entirely if as I have heard it's the 3 avengers books under one banner - of course that remains to be seen

It's really only caused me to drop a couple titles, panther and guardians

royals also but that's by the by

Will try 2 in 1

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Ah I see Michael, you want to wait and see, reserve judgement maybe...I'm going with the flow!

Jon

Legacy issues of Iceman, Defenders, and Deadpool have been good.

The one Legacy issue of Iron Man was not so great.

Daredevil and Two-in-One haven't started yet.

So for me, so far not too bad.

So far I seem to be enjoying it, though I am one of those who kinda likes the way Marvel is at the moment, so I doubt these things where really aimed at me anyway.

Astonishing Member

To be honest I haven't much noticed anything significantly different!

Incredible Member

It is pretty much more of the same but with a flashy new banner. That being said, I still enjoy the titles I still get from Marvel.

The one Legacy title I tried so far (Falcon) didn't do anything for me, so I'm not planning to get issue #2.

Have to wait and see what happens next month (next week!) with Captain America #695.

BANNED

The few I’ve gotten ( Defenders & Falcon ) I’ve enjoyed, most of the ones I’m looking forward to start next month

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    It is pretty much more of the same but with a flashy new banner. That being said, I still enjoy the titles I still get from Marvel.
    Yeah, a lot of it is kind of superficial. I'm not complaining, personally, since I was enjoying the books I was reading from Marvel for the most part, and would not have wanted all that to be brushed aside, and a lot of what I have seen so far in Legacy looks cool to me. But I have seen a bunch of people who seem to think it is a line wide resetting of the status quo, who i think will be disappointed when it doesn't end up being what they were hoping for. While there is some of characters returning to their old roles happening, like with Thor, Cap or Iron Man, i think it's just those stories coming to their always planned conclusion, and Marvel is like, they saw some high profile characters coming back to their traditional roles around the same time, and are trying to build on that. But it is far from a line wide reset, since there are a number of characters who won't be, like Hulk, Doctor Strange is actually losing his title... (though, that is not a complaint, I am personally super stoked for that story)

That being said, Excalibur was one of my all time favorite books, so the nostalgia hook is working for me on that one, even if it is just an annual.

Out of the Legacy titles I've read, nothing has seemed to have captured my interest.

At least Thanos is good.

BANNED

We're only on, what, week 4 now so it's pretty early on to say too much about Legacy.

That said, I will definitely say "so far, so good."

I've really enjoyed the books I've read so far and I've been motivated to pick up some titles, like All-New Wolverine and Gwenpoole, that I had either never read or had fallen off from.

So yeah, thumbs up on Legacy and I expect the best - with Waid/Samnee Cap, Donny Cates Dr. Strange, and Marvel Two-In-One - is still to come.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

Have liked what is happening in my regular books so far. Can't wait for the Avengers epic & Loki in Dr. Strange!!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

BANNED

Let's just say that the only reason I'm pulling the books I'm pulling is because I'm a characterfan, so... I wouldn't say things are great, overall... I still do like Darth Vader, but it doesn't count, really.