Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1432
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

So, Darkwhawk down front left, Surfer behind Thorse, I assume Groot over the back.

Looks like a Nova helmet to the right of Moondragon, and then...could be Rocket? Could be someone with wavy short hair - Quasar? Eros? Adam? Maybe even Phylla.

Can't tell who is front centre, and the afro looking silhouette makes me think we're either getting 70s Magus back, or Misty Knight is going cosmic!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More new members of Cates' Guardians roster revealed:

Assuming that’s Silver Surfer behind BRB, I’m getting a strong Annihilators vibe. I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    So, Darkwhawk down front left, Surfer behind Thorse, I assume Groot over the back.

Looks like a Nova helmet to the right of Moondragon, and then...could be Rocket? Could be someone with wavy short hair - Quasar? Eros? Adam? Maybe even Phylla.

Can't tell who is front centre, and the afro looking silhouette makes me think we're either getting 70s Magus back, or Misty Knight is going cosmic!
    Rocket's ruled out - he's joining the Avengers (the No Road Home team) instead in February.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Groot is there. Are we sure the pointed helmet belongs to Darkhawk? Could just as easily be Nova. That could be Silver Surfer behind Beta-Ray, but the outline doesn't match how Surfer's head is usually depicted (namely the appearance of ears.) I reckon it might be Drax.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 10-10-2018 at 05:54 PM.

The pointed helmet IS Nova. Darkhawk's at the bottom left, you can see his claws. That's definitely Surfer, you can see his board. I think Phyla is next to Nova above Gladiator. The only one that could be other than Groot is Destroyer. Can't ID the front right person, who seems to have either afro hair or a space helmet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I would guess that the Guardians in the back starting from the left are :Silver Surfer,Groot,Black Knight and Quasar.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I would guess that the Guardians in the back starting from the left are :Silver Surfer,Groot,Black Knight and Quasar.
    I think that's a lot more likely to be Nova than Black Knight.

Spectacular Member

Darkhawk on an Annihilators-like team is an insta-buy for me.

Perhaps Sleepwalker is on the team, given his current tie-in? That would also be amazing.

Cates really did a good job handling the Sentry as well, and his character seems to be particularly suited for a cosmic setting, although with Gladiator on the team I don't see it happening. It'd be awesome though.

Still....Darkhawk. Yes.

My only problem with this team so far is that abomination of a character Cosmic Ghost Rider is there. I really dislike that character. Cant wait for more reveals

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    My only problem with this team so far is that abomination of a character Cosmic Ghost Rider is there. I really dislike that character. Cant wait for more reveals
    All the review sites have nothing but positive responses to the cosmic ghost rider, but it seems like most people on here hate him.

Why is that the case?
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    All the review sites have nothing but positive responses to the cosmic ghost rider, but it seems like most people on here hate him.

Why is that the case?
    Because some fans just love to hate on whatever's popular?

As for the rest of the new line-up, I'm going with Surfer, Groot, Nova, and Darkhawk.

Why is that the case?
    Hipsters mostly.

Why is that the case?
    I dislike the zanny nature of it, as well as who the character is.

On top of that, it came from a run Cates wrote that I also really disliked for how he took all the usual Mary Sue rubbish Starlin brings to Thanos, but then cut any real explanation or charm that Starlin still manages, and just wrote 'old mary sue Thanos.'

It's not a character or writer I feel has shown me a real grasp of the characters, or what makes cosmic good. To me.

Also, for the bottom right possible Afro hair character - Eve Bakian maybe, sans Nova helmet. Or Monica has gone back to an old look.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 10-11-2018 at 10:41 AM.

So far this looks like a powerhouse of a guardians team.

Haven't seen this since the DnA days, and it's about time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I think that's a lot more likely to be Nova than Black Knight.
    It looked like Black Knight helmet in the promotional cover.
    In my defence i was never good at guessing stuff in comics.