Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Valkyrie solo book announced by Jason Aaron and Al Ewing

Jason Aaron and Al Ewing co-writing Valkyrie.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ealed-at-c2e2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

wow expect another destruction.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

And seeing a Valkyrie book means that is very doubtful they will remember or addresing the Enchantress in the story, retconning everything regarding Valkyrie entire story.

This will be ridiculous ignoring that without the Enchantress, The Valkyrie can't exist because it is a very important part in the story.

MCU Valkyrie, well, they can do whatever thing they want.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 03-23-2019 at 02:58 PM.

I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.

BANNED

Al Ewing writing Valkyrie...YES!!!

Jason Aaron writing Valkyrie...NO!!! NO, NO, NOOOO!!!! Keep him FAR AWAY From the character or ANY Marvel Character. He already so much of Thor...DO NOT GIVE HIM THE LAST BIT OF GOOD THOR CHARACTER. I MEAN HE IGNORED BALDER THE BRAVE THROUGHOUT HIS ENTIRE THOR RUN. I rather TRUST HIM FAR AS I CAN THROW HIM in terms of RESPECTING MARVEL CHARACTERS AND THEIR HISTORY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Aaron, I'll skip it then

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Al Ewing has become the writer that everyone wants to be writing their fave, so this has got to be great for Valkyrie fans. I can't complain about him returning to Asgardian characters -- maybe we'll see some follow-up to his ideas from Agent of Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.
    I thought it might be a new Jane book too, to be honest.

Mighty Member

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aaron turns Jane Foster into a valkyrie during the WOTR event and this new series is all about her. Can see it now, Jane Foster the best valkyrie ever. But maybe I'm wrong and its about the Valkyrie we really want to see in a ongoing. Fingers crossed.

The lack of a picture of her suggests that they will retcon her into looking like the MCU version without explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aaron turns Jane Foster into a valkyrie during the WOTR event and this new series is all about her. Can see it now, Jane Foster the best valkyrie ever. But maybe I'm wrong and its about the Valkyrie we really want to see in a ongoing. Fingers crossed.
    holy moly, if this is the case then...

I don't even want to think about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I actually think that Aaron and Ewing do good work together. Even if they write things that are at odds with each other, they do a good job of complementing each other.

And would really making her look like the MCU version be thay difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The lack of a picture of her suggests that they will retcon her into looking like the MCU version without explanation.
    They don't need to retcon. If they want a black version like the movies, just use the alt universe one from Exiles. But this book definitely isn't about her.

Two of Marvel's top creators on a Brunnhilde book would be wild, fam. Hope Jane's new design is as good as her Thor.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate