Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evo 2015

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Default Evo 2015

tomorrow, the biggest fighting game tournament in the world begins in las vegas. the best players from all over the world will converge for the chance to show each other and the world who the best is.

any thoughts or predictions for the weekend?

Hungrybox will reign in smash

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Hungrybox will reign in smash
    If you're talking about just Melee, maybe, he's got a lot of competition tho, don't count out Leffen or Mango or Armada, but if you're also talking about Smash 4 tho, nah, I can't see anyone other than Zero taking that all the way. I'm personally cheering for Armada in Melee.

I don't know if I'll be able to stream it all this weekend, but I'll def try and catch Smash 4 (and it's horrid times), Melee, USF4 and MvC4.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    If you're talking about just Melee, maybe, he's got a lot of competition tho, don't count out Leffen or Mango or Armada, but if you're also talking about Smash 4 tho, nah, I can't see anyone other than Zero taking that all the way. I'm personally cheering for Armada in Melee.

I don't know if I'll be able to stream it all this weekend, but I'll def try and catch Smash 4 (and it's horrid times), Melee, USF4 and MvC4.
    I was talking about Melee. No one can touch Zero in 4

Man, I come home and open up the Street Fighter 4 stream and see Daigo lose a round I was like "WOAHH" of course that did not last long lol

But Jammy is a really solid Cody

EDIT: THAT DHALISM! God, his loss, I could feel the salt, I was rooting for him
    Last edited by Step; 07-17-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Man, I come home and open up the Street Fighter 4 stream and see Daigo lose a round I was like "WOAHH" of course that did not last long lol

But Jammy is a really solid Cody

EDIT: THAT DHALISM! God, his loss, I could feel the salt, I was rooting for him
    he was facing art. if there is anyone who knows dhalism, it's art.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he was facing art. if there is anyone who knows dhalism, it's art.
    I forgot the names of the players in the match, are you talking about the Dhalism vs Decapre match? Cause that Decapre player didn't seem like he was too familiar until he got all that coaching and brought it back, and it was still pretty close towards the end.

EDIT: THAT CHUN-LI VS VEGA MATCH, so hype lol, she was a real good Chun-Li, that Vega player tho he was really good too, but when he lost... that walk, that stare, that salt lol.

Glad to see so many Chun-Li's representing =}
    Last edited by Step; 07-17-2015 at 04:32 PM.

seeing a lot of phoenix wrights this year. makes a happy man.

and yipes on comms for marvel.

yay!

God damn it, I missed so much of SSB4 today ugh, I was looking forward to that the most! =/

Excited to see Ally make it so far! A Mario winning Evo would be SOOOO good! I'm still betting on Zero, but yeah~

Manny is so boring to watch, my GOD.

EDIT: That Ally vs. Mr. R match, what the hell, Ally? Marth? But...why? Why do that? Why in Top 8?

Ok, his tipper was amazing, but, shame about the end.
    Last edited by Step; 07-18-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Zero won!

Not really surprising but I was hoping for an upset, for no other reason than that I like upsets lol =}

It was fun to watch! Also, I wanna say that I love the character variety in top 8 and in the tourney in general, in the top 8 alone, I saw Shiek, Diddy, ZSS, Mario, Marth(!!!), Wario, Rosalina, Olimar, probably some other people, I don't know I've been up all day and I can't stream anymore lol, I just hope I see more of my girl Peach in future! I think I saw her once in the entire tourney, and IIRC he was up against Mr. R in pools, the player actually did pretty good, he took a stock off Mr. R and everything, but he still lost, then switched to Lucina and got destroyed.

lol at giving the winners fight sticks.

Also, Jamie Lee Curtis at EVO!

Last edited by Step; 07-18-2015 at 02:45 PM.

the KI top 8. what a final!

and thanks to max for doing comms.

GG finals were insane!

BANNED

So far, only saw the GG and MKX finals...

Poor Woshige... He could have changed the entire winners bracket, if only he paid attention.

Meanwhile, when you have the chance to switch characters, take the risk (Sonicfox's switch from Kitana to Outlaw Erron Black). Grandpa should have switched back to Tempest after the Erron Black switch.