Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Miles can only have one other name. It's called Mo Bamba.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spider-Verse took home the Golden Globe for best animated motion picture.
    https://twitter.com/goldenglobes/sta...84073600737280

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Congratulations!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Like I said in the other thread, this solidifies Miles has well and truly arrived and an aged, older Peter Parker is exactly what the character needs now.

Spider-Verse is now nominated for a BAFTA

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Issue #2 dropped today and it was another good one.

spoilers:
    Picking up from where the last one left off, Miles and Rhino are recovering from getting blindsided by the brainwashed child soldiers. The two agree to work together since they now know that Barbara's cousin and Oksana's niece are amongst the kids being controlled. They plan to meet up again the next night.

The next day at school, Miles decides to ditch class since he notices that Barbara is absent. While heading to her place, he has a run in with the new Vice Principal, Dutcher. Miles convinces him that he was actually headed to class, but ends up slipping away. When meeting up with Barbara, she's freaking out over her cousin missing, and Miles promises that he'll figure something out. He ends up berating himself internally because he feels guilty for leaving both Barbara and Judge out of the loop regarding his identity.

When rendezvousing with Ganke back in their dorm room, Ganke has set up his own private network and manages to find the black market site the villains have been making their orders from. He matches the description of the equipment and manages to pinpoint a location in Brooklyn where they were delivered.

Later that night Miles and Rhino meet up again and head to the location of the shipments. Upon arrival, Rhino shares that this hideout has actually frequently been used off and on by various villains over the years. When Miles sneaks in we learn that Tombstone is the current occupant. He manages to spot Miles and a fight ensues. Rhino comes charging in but over the course of the fight he and Miles end up getting in each others ways. Miles ends up settling on having Rhino launch off his webbing (pro wrestling style) to takedown Tombstone.

Before they can fully capture Tombstone, they get blindsided once more by another one of the kid soldiers. Tombstone and his men escape, but Miles and Rhino manages to free most of the kids. Eduardo and Oksana's niece are not among them however. The issues ends with the two trying to think what their next plan of attack is, and then getting approached by Steve Rogers, who offers his assistance.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

spoilers:
    Cool to see Tombstone getting up to some stuff and the Miles/Rhino combo was pretty cool. I still don't know about Ganke's new look it him look a bit too old in my book. I wonder how this will be resolved next issue now that Cap is here and there's supposed to be a new villain showing up.
    end of spoilers

Uncanny X-Men #9:
    spoilers:
    Goldballs shows up. He's back in action, apparently healed by Triage. That's why he's no longer in school, he went back to the X-Men. We see him when Jean Grey issues a global telepathic summons.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Glad to hear it, I was a little concerned when it didn't look like he was showing up in any upcoming issues.

First thing I got to say about this issue is "damn, Ganke's stepping up his (wardrobe) game." Guess its true what they say about getting a girlfriend.

Miles is my favorite "new" character. He is so dynamic in terms of background, supporting cast and characterization, how could I not like him? He could have been just another Spider-Man ripoff but he was allowed to evolve and grow into his own unique thing. Kudos to Bendis for creating such a great character one who will no doubt stand the test of time.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spider-Verse has won the Critic's Choice Award for best animated feature.
    https://twitter.com/CriticsChoice/st...89085845381120

Spider-Verse has won the Critic's Choice Award for best animated feature.
    https://twitter.com/CriticsChoice/st...89085845381120
    Damn Straight
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Did you guys know that Bendis was an executive producer on the spiderverse movie, pretty cool.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-15-2019 at 01:44 AM.