Page 227 of 301 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4503
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'd rather she just stays single if she's not with Scott- and no, Rosenberg's run doesn't really count for anything regarding the relationship, or anything else, since it will never be referenced again (hell, nothing after SW seems to count). Part of the reason I want them together is just that I don't trust that she won't be returned as a villain again once Hickman is done if they're not a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'd rather she just stays single if she's not with Scott- and no, Rosenberg's run doesn't really count for anything regarding the relationship, or anything else, since it will never be referenced again (hell, nothing after SW seems to count). Part of the reason I want them together is just that I don't trust that she won't be returned as a villain again once Hickman is done if they're not a couple.
    I think fan reaction will keep them from doing something like that. They did end up course correcting a lot of their muahahaha!Emma stuff once we all got mad at them. I don't think Scott should be use as some sort of anti villain firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't care if she's single or not but if they do have to have her date I just hope it's something not serious, either a friends with benefits situation or just a casual thing.

Whatever your feelings of Scemma are, it was intense for the most part, so anyone following after that should be nothing but a rebound and then a writer can try something more epic.

I do kind of want to know how Scott and Emma are now socially. The idea that they could have a friendly ex relationship could be fun and it's one of the things I think was promised but was not delivered under Bendis beyond those issues where they talked in the snow. And then later at the end where Scott made that nasty Namor comment.
    They are going to blame Emma for turning Scott bad and say she is responsible for every bad thing that happened to the X-Men over the years. She'll probably be badass because at this point she really doesn't care anymore what they think about her, she knows they all don't like her so why bother trying to be social with any of them. I'll have to see Emma's interactions with Storm in tomorrow's House of X and see where they stand. Supposedly these last few issues start laying the foundation for Marauders because they had Marauders planned out before House of X was written.

At the very least I am sure we will get to see Emma with a glass of wine and rolling her eyes at how annoying everyone is. I don't think she'll have any interactions with Scott and Jean at all, probably just with Kitty and Storm in these final issues.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I think fan reaction will keep them from doing something like that. They did end up course correcting a lot of their muahahaha!Emma stuff once we all got mad at them. I don't think Scott should be use as some sort of anti villain firewall.
    I don't think Marvel really learns from it's mistakes, at least as much as they should. If they did, we would never get a portrayal of Emma like Rosenberg's run.

And of course, I don't think Scott and Emma should be together only as a firewall against villany, but rather because they are both at their best when they are together.

I don't think Marvel really learns from it's mistakes, at least as much as they should. If they did, we would never get a portrayal of Emma like Rosenberg's run.

And of course, I don't think Scott and Emma should be together only as a firewall against villany, but rather because they are both at their best when they are together.
    I imagine Hickman will have Emma be more of a solo character, she will probably never be on the actual Marauders team, just a supporting character on the book that helps fund their operation.

Rosenberg's run was bad for everyone. Emma wasn't singled out in any particular fashion there.

Rosenberg's run was bad for everyone. Emma wasn't singled out in any particular fashion there.
    I'm torn on Rosenberg. He uses a lot of characters I like and it has that fab Lacrocca art. I don't know what it is about him but I think he is so underrated. I need to reread the Emma stuff but I didn't hate it given the how X-Men Black went; that said I didn't love the Black King stuff from the start. Rosenberg seems like a good writer, he was the first X-Writer in awhile that the writing made you feel the stakes. There was a sense something was happening and that this story was important, even if it was really just about the return of Wolverine and Cyclops. But really the "Cyclops and Wolverine" arc should have been Disassembled. The arc is jarring because so many characters are randomly gone, then Rosenberg uses a TON of characters but there's no introduction as to where they have been etc.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Disagree on that. While everyone was written badly (Havok, Chamber, Magik, and Dani obviously the most), the savage beating of character Rosenberg laid on Emma would require an 18+ YouTube pass to view it in European countries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    it has that fab Lacrocca art. I don't know what it is about him but I think he is so underrated.
    This is quite the hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This is quite the hot take.
    I'm ok with that.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I imagine Hickman will have Emma be more of a solo character, she will probably never be on the actual Marauders team, just a supporting character on the book that helps fund their operation.
    it looks like the Marauders take orders from Emma and Show, who finance their operation. I think there will always be 2 plots around, the Marauders traveling around the world, and Emma vs Shaw

Emma Frost shined today in House of X #5. Won't spoil it, but I think this new era is going to be very good for Emma Frost.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Emma Frost shined today in House of X #5. Won't spoil it, but I think this new era is going to be very good for Emma Frost.
    "Now buy me something pretty..."
    Emma is definitely back!
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 09-18-2019 at 02:23 AM.

For me it's not so much about shipping just a curiosity about what would have happened if Emma hadn't been prevented from marrying Namor? I would love to see the repercussions to the MU and the cascade effect of that marriage. I think it would significantly change things. Could you imagine if it was Emma and Namor that freed Genosha and made Genosha a protectorate of Atlantis. They use Atlantean advanced tech to create a missile defense system capable of destroying Sentinels and are able to repel the attack on Genosha. Now Genosha becomes a safe haven for mutants under the protection of Atlantis! I would love a 3 part series that explores that, just to see how different things could go. Emma and Namor become concerned because Wanda Maximoff is going crazy and could possibly warp all reality so they have her killed by an assassin, thereby preventing M-Day and Decimation from every happening. On and on it goes, with Namor and Emma unifying the cause of Atlantis and Mutants world wide, and the impact of that on all the world governments.
    What would be Emma´s role in the Atlantis vs Wakanda war?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

"Now buy me something pretty..."
    Emma is definitely back!
    Oh my... when will we get HoX5 in Europe?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare