Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Roughly a year ago, apparently. It didn't actually happen, mind you; it's just that his costume became more reminiscent of his original Robin costume, and the bottom that he had started out his career as Robin was brought back into continuity. Until recently (when he changed his codename to the ever-inventive “Drake”), he has been Red Robin; but ever since the New 52 began, everything that distinguished Red Robin from Robin has been stripped away, so that he might as well still have been Robin.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I'm a little out of the lope right now. When did this happen???
    Recently in the 1st issue of YJ Tim was suddenly dressed and calling himself Robin not Red Robin. No explanation was given.

The more cynical [me] believe it was a marketing ploy to promo the Original YJ appealing to Nostalgia since all the promos advertised it as just that. Robin, SuperBoy, Impulse and wonder girl YJ are back

In issue 7 I think of YJ Tim meets an evil version of himself who goes by the name Drake 'the most Dangerous Bird' who makes fun of the fact that Tim is still rocking the Robin suit and calling himself Robin.
    They fight Tim uses a rocket launcher and Bart decides he likes the name Drake and the next issue Tim is now Drake and has a Brown costume. Again we got no explanation as to why Tim decided to start calling himself Drake. His last name and the name of his evil counterpart.

it's all stupid. i thought Red Robin was perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Roughly a year ago, apparently. It didn't actually happen, mind you; it's just that his costume became more reminiscent of his original Robin costume, and the bottom that he had started out his career as Robin was brought back into continuity. Until recently (when he changed his codename to the ever-inventive “Drake”), he has been Red Robin; but ever since the New 52 began, everything that distinguished Red Robin from Robin has been stripped away, so that he might as well still have been Robin.
    He became Robin for the adverts and the 1st few issues of YJ. He changed his costume from the rebirth Robin-lite costume and he was rocking the R not the double R.

he also started calling himself Robin

BANNED

*sigh* And once again, everyone forgets Stephanie.
    No offense but were you collecting when Stephanie was Robin? It was barely two months. If you weren't reading Tec and the main Robin series you could have never known she took up the mantle. People list her as being a Robin as courtesy only, there wasn't much to remember

Yes, I was. I collected Robin since the original Robin number one — and I'm talking about the miniseries, not his ongoing series. I followed the title all the way to the end, and all the way through the Red Robin follow-up series. I am perfectly well informed as to how brief her tenure as Robin was. That said, she was Robin.

But to clarify, that comment that you responded to was something of an in-joke. In Heroes in Crisis, you got a number of comments from Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, and Damian. Each, if I remember correctly, talked about the other Robins. Stephanie's comment was something to the effect of “nobody remembers me”.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 03-08-2020 at 05:32 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    No offense but were you collecting when Stephanie was Robin? It was barely two months. If you weren't reading Tec and the main Robin series you could have never known she took up the mantle. People list her as being a Robin as courtesy only, there wasn't much to remember
    The funny thing is that Jarro has been Robin longer than Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The funny thing is that Jarro has been Robin longer than Steph.
    The stupid starfish is regulated to Snyder's Justice League though. Not a single mention outside of it (to my knowledge).

Yeah, Jarro's not an official Robin.
    Only since Rebirth, I'd say. In New 52, he did still have a unique costume - but it was SO distinct that it actually included Teen Titans branding, effectively separating him from the Bat family. In Rebirth, he got a new costume that looked like the classic Robin suit and unlike the post-One Year Later suit, now contained green again, which is odd considering he was called RED Robin.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-09-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Recently in the 1st issue of YJ Tim was suddenly dressed and calling himself Robin not Red Robin. No explanation was given.

The more cynical [me] believe it was a marketing ploy to promo the Original YJ appealing to Nostalgia since all the promos advertised it as just that. Robin, SuperBoy, Impulse and wonder girl YJ are back

In issue 7 I think of YJ Tim meets an evil version of himself who goes by the name Drake 'the most Dangerous Bird' who makes fun of the fact that Tim is still rocking the Robin suit and calling himself Robin.
    They fight Tim uses a rocket launcher and Bart decides he likes the name Drake and the next issue Tim is now Drake and has a Brown costume. Again we got no explanation as to why Tim decided to start calling himself Drake. His last name and the name of his evil counterpart.

it's all stupid. i thought Red Robin was perfectly fine.
    Thanks for the reply. That sounds horrible.

Astonishing Member

Kid Canary

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Kea, the real most dangerous bird in the world!

Poor car.

But if you don't like it Tim can choose Raptor, it isn't threatening like Kea, but it can work.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Kea, the real most dangerous bird in the world!

Poor car.

But if you don't like it Tim can choose Raptor, it isn't threatening like Kea, but it can work.
    Tricky, given that Raptor is an established codename for a series of Nightwing villians:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Raptor

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

You want threat, go with Emu ^^

I wonder if Emu and Cassowary are already mentioned here when they said Drake is the most dangerous bird...

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    This guy is just trolling.
    Why would you assume that?