Page 619 of 631 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m so hyped for this. Magno’s art is divine.
    Wow. Wow. Wow! Beyond being a mysterious and cool image, I'm so glad to see Zdarsky pushing this book and reminding everyone that FOC is today!! I saw he was doing stuff for Daredevil and of course, that Spider-man book he's doing is going to get a push from Marvel -- but the Invaders is the one that NEEDS all the publicity and chatter it can get.

People on the twitter feed were asking if this was a variant, and Tom Brevroot chimed in with something about waiting to see if the first printing sells out. Keeping my fingers crossed that it does, and we get this for a second printing cover.

I agree Shadowcat. Magno's art is amazing. He's going to cover every inch of the page.

ImperiusWrecked, can you post those other panels that Zdarsky is teasing us with? I love his 'edit' on the one with Cap and Namor ... at a party??? And the Magno closeup is chilling!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-17-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

If you didn't see them in the Invaders 2019 thread, MajorHoy posted the last two variants for the first issue of Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not yet.

Actually, it doesn't look like it will be that from what Previewsworld is now showing:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Previewsworld has now posted one for the Skottie Young variant:
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    ImperiusWrecked, can you post those other panels that Zdarsky is teasing us with? I love his 'edit' on the one with Cap and Namor ... at a party??? And the Magno closeup is chilling!
    Sure no problem, here are the first three previews:

invaders2019preview1.jpg

invaders2019preview2.jpg

invaders2019preview3.jpg

The man on the screen is supposed to be Jim.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-17-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Here is the last one and the edit too, lol:

invaders2019preview4.jpg

invaders2019preview5.jpg

And I asked and it's been confirmed that the woman is not Betty Dean which is a shame because I love that character. Also it's been confirmed from another followers question that Jim will have panel time but Toro won't come in until later.

OMG I am loving that Robbins variant!!! I always love Skottie Young varaints but wow, I really love the Robbins one a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Evelake View Post
    spoilers:

Thank you for explaining how the spoiler tags work.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Happy to help.

As for the realms stuff..
    Yeah I wouldn't want them to add more. Or screw with more of marvel atleantean history. I mean in norse myth I have read that there were not specifically 9 realms but rather that count came from later writers.. but that likely debatable. And it was definitely apart of marvel canon.
    That's definitely part of my objection to adding another Realm. 9 has importance in Norse myth -- it appears in many places in the stories. And YES. Please stop screwing around with the Atlantean history.

And if anything the Atlaneans connect to the Greek pantheon since the royal family are descended for Poseidon ( or at least i read that once). Which could be enough to pull them in the Olympians have been pulled into the Asgardians struggles in marvel before
    Hmmmm. That could be an interesting way to pull in Namor -- the Olympian connection.

They could also be making all or several of the sea peoples related in marvel the Atlanteans the daughters of Aegir and Ran from norse or various river humanoid creatures and the blue men (which would make some sense) from scotland.
    Not great ideas Marvel has the idea of Atlantians as a offshout of humanity pretty well established and the Poseidon angle is there. The scottish Blueman angle as a relative group would work.
    But a full merger or myth shift not so much.
    That all said as we talked about its Jason Aaron so its something much more random. Not to mention the one shot made it look like namor just leaf a normalish world without a earthlike atmosphere
    Exactly. I don't want to see 80 years of Atlantean continuity trashed for a story that isn't really about Namor or the Atlanteans. At least with the Defenders story, it was a Namor / Atlantean story -- that hopefully can be explored or expanded on in the Invaders.
    end of spoilers

But I think the role Namor will play in the War of Realms has something to do with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I thought he might too, but after this lineup was first teased, i had a look at Jean's solo book, and I think the whole Phoenix angle being presented there is just too much to ignore. Also, she teams up with Thor (Odinson) in one issue, so I dunno, that seems really random to me unless it's sort of a foreshadowing thing. I think Aaron is just going to settle for having Quentin be a part of having the Phoenix be released again, in Thor. But, he is a possibility, won't deny that, could definitely happen.

Decided to dig up the panel of the medieval Avengers tease from Thor, for people not reading that book, figured this was a good place to share it:

The captions there are most likely Loki's internal monologue kinda thing, (you can see his horn on the left there, he's looking at the carving) which is part of what makes me pretty certain he is going to be involved, beyond the whole Dr Strange situation. The big guy is the Viking Hulk, which was the subject of the issue this came from (it was a sort of flashback issue, mostly) he's magical in nature, rather than gamma, but same general idea. But yeah, you can see it's not all the exact same legacies there.... Still have Thor, a Ghost Rider and Black Panther, but also the Viking Hulk and an Atlantean, though I suppose the Atlantean could also be the Sorcerer Supreme or Phoenix host.
    This image was from Mighty Thor 7 (2016).

I think this ties back into the Avengers 1000000 BC. In the issues Jason Aaron has written, there are only 7 prehistoric 'Avengers.' This panel seems to point to their being other ancient 'Avengers' or superhero archetypes, of which one of them is obviously Namor. I guess at some point I'm going to have to read Aaron's Prehistoric Avengers storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OMG I am loving that Robbins variant!!! I always love Skottie Young varaints but wow, I really love the Robbins one a lot!
    Really? I've never been a big fan of Robbins. But I will say, as I said elsewhere, that I love how Robbins makes everyone ridiculously happy in this one.

I've got to bring the Skottie Young one to work. Sometimes I feel like that. LOL!

Really? I've never been a big fan of Robbins. But I will say, as I said elsewhere, that I love how Robbins makes everyone ridiculously happy in this one.

I've got to bring the Skottie Young one to work. Sometimes I feel like that. LOL!
    That's the reason why I love it! Namor smiling doesn't happen all the time and so I love how everyone is smiling here, since most covers want to grab your attention by being actiony or super serious I'm loving this light heartedness to it. lol, skottie young Namor is a mood always. XD

Here is the last one and the edit too, lol:

invaders2019preview4.jpg

invaders2019preview5.jpg

And I asked and it's been confirmed that the woman is not Betty Dean which is a shame because I love that character. Also it's been confirmed from another followers question that Jim will have panel time but Toro won't come in until later.
    Thank you for posting those! It's a great sampling of what to expect in the first issue. I can't wait!

I LOVE that edit. But I am sad that Betty Dean isn't there. But ... if the book has healthy sales, that isn't to say, we won't see her in the future. She IS awesome. I can live without Toro, if it allows Zdarsky to focus on the cast he's chosen.

That's the reason why I love it! Namor smiling doesn't happen all the time and so I love how everyone is smiling here, since most covers want to grab your attention by being actiony or super serious I'm loving this light heartedness to it. lol, skottie young Namor is a mood always. XD
    It is ... unusual to see Namor grinning like that. I'm not sure Namor was so happy in Robbins run of Invaders, but the book was full of goofy fun, i.e. when the Nazis stole Namor's speedo. LOL!

It is ... unusual to see Namor grinning like that. I'm not sure Namor was so happy in Robbins run of Invaders, but the book was full of goofy fun, i.e. when the Nazis stole Namor's speedo. LOL!
    I remember that issue! LOL I will never get over it! I'm currently rereading that Invaders run as a way of distracting myself until the new Invaders come out.

invaders annual speedos.jpg

Its very rare to see him smiling but one of my other favorite Namor smiling panels is from Roast of the Fantastic Four and also its where I got my username, lol (but i changed it up a bit)

roast of the fantastic four.jpg

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is Spitfire going to be there?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

These three are some of favorite Namor pics...probably for obvious reasons

The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Mighty Member

So I follow Zsdarsky on twitter and he posted this teaser edit he made and I am so hyped for this series!

Attachment 75020
    Interesting we get Namor's iconic look in this promo, I'm hoping the look will end up in Carlo Magno's Namor as well and that the new look is only temporary.

Another teaser for Invaders this time from Butch Guice

Invaders #3

invaders2019preview6.jpg
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.