Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I read it and I didn't like it.

The characterization was pretty good for Scott but seeing them all go into the Terrigen cloud seemed too much like a bunch of lemmings going off a cliff. It's only mitigated due to none of them knowing the Terrigen was bad now (Which means all of this is Reed Richards fault). Also this effectively made Scott into Captain America from AvX. For some reason not sending intel to those who are the supposed perpetrators of a coming crisis and forcing his agenda on them.

Scott in the beginning was pretty on point. But the ending seemed like it was brought on with the force of all the anvils. And I'm not sure about Illyana's disagreements. I mean I get that she would voice them and I find them in-character to raise her opinion but...I don't know. Maybe it was her posture or something. It felt off.

Someone mentioned that the Madrox that died didn't have the M tattoo. So either this is artist error and they're right on this being another dupe. However doesn't Jamie reabsorb his dupes or something when they die? If so he's still in danger.

The Inhumans...I can't fault the new kids. They have no idea of what's going on in the shadows. This however gives shades to Crystal since she seems/is supposed to be portrayed as the likeable royal family member.

Also its bad when the xmen kill people out to hurt their people but when the Inhumans do it, its fine.

Finally spoilers:
    I think MarvelMAster mentioned Emma doing some nudging on Cyclops. With this issue, I think MArvel's given themselves an out to say that Scott was already dead and that the person walking around is an illusion. I know its iffy given Illyana's powers but its something consider since that cover of issue 4.
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I read it and I didn't like it.

Finally spoilers:
    I think MarvelMAster mentioned Emma doing some nudging on Cyclops. With this issue, I think MArvel's given themselves an out to say that Scott was already dead and that the person walking around is an illusion. I know its iffy given Illyana's powers but its something consider since that cover of issue 4.
    end of spoilers
    Basically what I think...

Fantastic Member

Scott dies in full parallelism with the death of Wolverine, his minis same name, has the same numbers, both know they will die, both make decisions before his death quite different (one killed and the other saving), both leave a young version and a "widow" that is the same, the circle is closed, we have two women leaders that replace and two young versions that are themselves (or very similar) young, if you ever come back marvel can leave professor Logan replaces Charles Xavier that to eviscerate is X-23 (and OML), and Scott as total villain, because to make a heroe is Tyclops.

I think it will be a death that will last a while, because it touches develop Storm as new leader, and promote young Cyclops

I think this is the idea of Marvel. But I do not think this is working, because people will not see Cyclops as a villain,. and... are the sales that without scott and Wolverine will not be too good medium term,. but perhaps wolverine return soon, he died before.
    Last edited by bubibartra; 10-05-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

IIRC, Jamie can absorb their memories when they die, not their actual bodies.

What a depressing issue.
    >Poor Madrox.
    >Pissed Goldballs survives.
    >Cyclops had better try diplomacy with the Inhumans first.
    >Marching out into the creepy coloured mist was dumb. On the other hand, Storm would probably have made some speech about embracing the beauty and wonder of the Goddess and strode out proudly into it. People needed to get exposed and the writers made it happen even though it makes no sense tactically.
    >Love you, Illyana!
    >The Inhumans are SO a cult!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    That's not a 2 way street.
    For it to be so would be so the inhumans blaming all of mutantkind because of a small few. in this case magneto in the past has attacked them.
    Storm et al seem quite worried about the Inhumans murdering every last mutant in the present if even one mutant does something bad to the Inhumans, and Medusa seems ready to declare war against anyone who does even the slightest infraction against the Holy Inhuman Empire because examples must be made to deter other aggression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Well, at least it showed one thing: People with complex theories claiming to be sure the X-Men were gonna be shown as bad guys, were wrong. It's clear to see they are showing the Inhumans as the bad guys.
    This is just the first issue. Wait for Marvel to try and demonize the X-Men once they start trying to remove the Terrigen Crystal Meth and come into direct conflict with the Inhumans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Black Bolt is to blame for all this, but why isn't the inhuman royal family holding him accountable for his actions? Have they done anything to him for what he has done to earth? No, they haven't to my knowledge. That makes them just as guilty to me.
    Exactly. The regular Inhumans are innocent until they realize the truth of the cloud situation and side with the royals, then they become the enemy.
    The Inhumans...I can't fault the new kids. They have no idea of what's going on in the shadows. This however gives shades to Crystal since she seems/is supposed to be portrayed as the likeable royal family member.
    Also its bad when the xmen kill people out to hurt their people but when the Inhumans do it, its fine.
    To be fair, have we actually seen the Inhumans going around murdering people? We've seen a lot of posturing on Medusa's part but has she ordered the deaths of her enemies yet? I completely see the cult leader doing so but I just haven't seen it. Where did it happen? I need the extra anti-Inhuman ammunition. And Crystal is probably going to be the only voice of reason in the royal family re: the mists killing mutants but her attitude obviously changes considering how coldly she treats mutants in the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

This issue just made me angry. I think that's the point of all this, to make X-fans angry. It serves no other purpose than to show the horror of terrigin on mutants while highlighting the evolution of the inhumans. I don't know if I am going to stick around for the end on this.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    This issue just made me angry. I think that's the point of all this, to make X-fans angry. It serves no other purpose than to show the horror of terrigin on mutants while highlighting the evolution of the inhumans. I don't know if I am going to stick around for the end on this.
    about to read this now.. will let you know my thoughts on this.

BANNED

Did anyone else get the feeling that this story was crafted after the ANAD X-series had already begun? It's difficult to articulate exactly why I had this feeling, but something about reading this just made me think that a solid game plan wasn't in place for the X-books post-SW. I dunno, maybe I'm way off-base here, but it was just a feeling I couldn't shake after I read this.

Poor Jamie. I loved X-Factor and of course him. I'm assuming next issue will explain where Layla is when the other members of X-Factor arrive to mourn him. I'm also assuming he is the death that has sent M on her dark path in Uncanny. Though I might not be remembering it properly but wasn't Jamie revealed to be something other than a mutant during PAD's run? Any way I liked the story and how it juxtaposed the mutant/inhuman reaction to the mists. Not a big fan of the art though, Crystal in particular looked pretty bad!

God the Inhumans are awful. What they did is commit genocide, on the same scale as Scarlet Witch IMO. Not numberwise but as far as reach on Earth

this comic disgusted me but admittedly we have all had months, years to prepare for this moment

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    about to read this now.. will let you know my thoughts on this.
    Please do. I am looking forward to hearing them.

I've already shared my thoughts on this issue. There's a lot to glean from this issue. It is very much reflective of the massive gap in the status of the X-men compared to the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. One is getting preferential treatment. The other is getting denigrated and marginalized at every turn. It wouldn't be too big a deal if the narrative establishing this was balanced, but there's no real attempt at balance in this issue. The X-men are set up as the bad guys. The Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners are portrayed as sunny, upbeat, heroic types that nobody beyond Hydra hates. It's pretty overt and pretty annoying, but it clearly reflects the treatment afforded to those whose movie rights Marvel owns. It's tragic, but that's the situation we're in.

I did a full review/rant on this issue on my blog. It's going to be one of my last reviews on my blog so I hope this series ends strong, but it's not looking too promising, except for the Racist Xenophobic Slave Owners.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

I've got mixed feelings about this first issue, that mini isn't really off to a good start imo. It seems that for every good thing I can think of, I can also find something bad to say about it.

• It was good to see Scott and Emma again. I wouldn't call myself a big fan, but I did like them and could really feel their absence in the X-books.
    • For the most part, nobody was too out of character, but they also did some pretty stupid things ("Look, a cloud of unidentified gas, let's go play in it totally unprotected!")
    • For once the mutants aren't portrayed as villains or as heavily misguided people who need to be stopped at all cost. They clearly are the victims here and the Inhumans are the ones getting the short end of the stick. But it's only issue one and it might change by the end of the series, especially after Cyclops' declaration of war.
    • The contrast between both sides could have been an interesting concept, but the cheerfulness of the Inhumans was waaaaayyyyyyy too creepy for me. It just really makes me uncomfortable in a very wrong way.
    • We don't really learn anything new in this issue that we didn't already know. It feels like a glorified recap to me and I haven't even been following the main X-books very closely since Secret Wars!
    • Madrox's death felt, i don't know, empty? And I don't just mean that because he's one of the easiest characters to bring back to life, but the way the whole thing was written made it look like it didn't really matter:
      1. There's the fact that Madrox has been in limbo for years (since the end of X-Factor in fact, unless I missed something) and he was already a C-list character before that. Which means that not only would new readers not know who he is, but he didn't have a big fanbase to begin with either. So not a lot of people would actually care about him unless you give them a reason to feel sad about his death and unfortunately there was none, because there was no build up for it.
      2. Is Lemire writing the X-Men part while Soule is writing the Inhumans? Because it really seemed that the only thing they knew about Madrox was that he could duplicate himself and that he wasn't dead yet. But Charles Soule made a point to acknowledge Madrox's fate at the end of X-Factor when he introduced a dupe in She-Hulk, so what's their excuse here? Like I said before, very few people actually care about Madrox for his death to actually be meaningful, but an easy way to rectify that would have been to mention the fact that he had a wife and child. I know it's a cheap shot, but if his last words had been for Layla and their child, or if one of the X-Men had said something like "We need to contact his family", his death might have carried a bit more emotional significance. I'm really hoping this comes up in one of the next issues, but I doubt it.
      3. Seriously, the way it was written, the whole scene felt like Madrox was used as a cheap way to have a splash page showing the horrors the Terrigen Mist can have on mutants without actually killing fifty of them in the process.
      4. Madrox saying he is the "original" feels really forced, like the writers are pointing fingers while yelling "Look! We really really killed him for real!" Considering the character's history, it makes sense for a Madrox to live on Muir Island, but why Madrox Prime? I already pointed out that his death was meaningless, so what's the point? A whole bunch of dead dupes would advance the plot just as well! It would be just as horrific (and just as gross)! But actually killing Madrox is just going to piss off X-Factor fans...
      5. Yeah, in case you haven't noticed I'm a bit bitter about this whole thing. Madrox is one of my favorite characters and his first actual appearance in three years is a cheap death. Thank you very much for that, Marvel!
      6. On the plus side, Madrox is really easy to bring back. Now we just need to wait for a writer who actually cares enough about the character to resurrect him (though PAD is currently busy writing Spider-Man 2099 and I don't know if there's anyone else who does).
      7. Oh and I'm pretty sure the lack of tattoo is just an artistic mistake. Aaron Kuder most likely didn't have references for the character and just googled him (I tried it and most of the pictures don't have the tattoo).

So overall, I'm feeling kind of 'meh'. I'm really grumpy about Madrox's fate, but beyond that it was a decent read. I think I'm just gonna have to wait and see if it gets better.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Now that's a great theory. Probably better than what's really gonna happen.