Page 172 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 721221621681691701711721731741751761822222726721172 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    A lot of us were sucker in by the GOP over the years, listening to what they say they are instead of what they actually do.
    Getting out of that mindset was a great thing for me, and I imagine most people that get the GOP's voice out of their head see it the same way.
    Suckered into racism?

BANNED

i was at the boston protests yesterday and everything was peaceful until the police started speeding cruisers through crowds and blocking people on streets from moving anywhere. they were absent for most of the protest and came out after dark with riot gear. they teargassed crowds and blocked escape routes with riot shields. i ended up getting peppersprayed twice. believe whatever you want but all i can say is that if you believe these acts of violence are mostly from the protestors then you are not acknowledging how the police are threatening, provoking, and even attacking peaceful crowds when they could be showing solidarity. i will forever hate the police, the system needs to change at its core. but at the end of the day this is a movement to stand with black people nationwide to achieve peace, and people are doing anything to malign it

if anyone would like to see pics or video i can share via dm but i would like it to be kept confidential. i just want people to know what's going on

also if anyone on this site is all lives matter--oops, i mean racist, please add me to your ignore list

black lives matter.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Suckered into racism?
    Not Raceism, a lot of people who were GOP members were there for the financial aspect of the GOP. Not the social.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    i was at the boston protests yesterday and everything was peaceful until the police started speeding cruisers through crowds and blocking people on streets from moving anywhere. they were absent for most of the protest and came out after dark with riot gear. they teargassed crowds and blocked escape routes with riot shields. i ended up getting peppersprayed twice. believe whatever you want but all i can say is that if you believe these acts of violence are mostly from the protestors then you are not acknowledging how the police are threatening, provoking, and even attacking peaceful crowds when they could be showing solidarity. i will forever hate the police, the system needs to change at its core. but at the end of the day this is a movement to stand with black people nationwide to achieve peace, and people are doing anything to malign it

black lives matter. also if anyone on this site is all lives matter--oops, i mean racist, please add me to your ignore list
    Hey dude you okay? Pepper spraying is no joke.

Suckered into racism?
    What did you think the massive right-wing propaganda network was used for? It's not all about selling protein drinks on AM Radio. It's about filling people's heads with bullshit and convincing them not to question it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Hey dude you okay? Pepper spraying is no joke.
    it hurt like hell, the first time i ducked and it got in my hair but the second time i was surrounded by swat with shields and they sprayed me directly. luckily there were some people who pulled me out and flushed out my eyes with milk and water. it hurt a bit today but my eyesight wasn't affected

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    What did you think the massive right-wing propaganda network was used for? It's not all about selling protein drinks on AM Radio. It's about filling people's heads with bullshit and convincing them not to question it.
    Are you telling me that Republican voters are too stupid to know what racism is?

Not Raceism, a lot of people who were GOP members were there for the financial aspect of the GOP. Not the social.
    Correction. What the GOP says the financial aspects of the GOP are. Turns out, that's mostly lies too.

BANNED

You don't think the economic policies of the GOP are racist?

Are you telling me that Republican voters are too stupid to know what racism is?
    I should have known better than to get into this conversation. Whatever.

*sigh* So this is how my home town.

Edit: 2 killed , 60 arrested, and at least one store was robbed during an interview. Store owner is okay, they can restock. People on Dollar store roof are most likely Latin Kings. Dollar Store featured in article is known to residents of Cicero to be gang affiliated.

https://wgntv.com/news/*********news...est-continues/

Way to many people who dont live in Cicero are selling BS stories about stuff happening. Lit of misinformation going around Social Media.
    Sort of related...

Lots of the folks who put their hard work and money into downtown Aurora were out cleaning up today. At least a couple of the "Mom And Pop..." businesses downtown wound up being worked over. The Family Dollar over by McCarty Park got burned.

Don't like seeing a lot of the small businesses take it on the chin.

Astonishing Member

Ignorance is a powerful tool to recruit and radicalise people into being racists. It's not like the American school system is great at teaching self awareness and introspection.

You don't think the economic policies of the GOP are racist?
    It might not be intentionally racist. But when it's shown to be clearly racist in its results, one has to wonder why they don't care about those results.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sort of related...

Lots of the folks who put their hard work and money into downtown Aurora were out cleaning up today. At least a couple of the "Mom And Pop..." businesses downtown wound up being worked over. The Family Dollar over by McCarty Park got burned.

Don't like seeing a lot of the small businesses take it on the chin.
    It does suck seeing so many mom and pop stores already with one foot in the grave being hit so hard. You just know some rich white developer is going to swoop in and build a condo or whatever once the smoke clears.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It does suck seeing so many mom and pop stores already with one foot in the grave being hit so hard. You just know some rich white developer is going to swoop in and build a condo or whatever once the smoke clears.
    That's the particular hitch about downtown.

Right now, even a couple of the "Old Guard..." storefronts(long running pawn shop/long running music store...) are still sitting there empty. While I guess it's not impossible that a "Money" developer could make a play, I'm not exactly sure that it's in the cards.

Meanwhile, one of the shops downtown was a lady who had put a few years into being able to actually own the building that she's in. It was a very particular drag to see them cleaning up while talking about how this year had already been tough on them.