Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Because the comics say that Doom manipulated her into being possessed.

You might not like the story but you can't deny its existence and it being canon.
    That's not what I'm saying.

Why would somebody who likes Dr Doom want that atrocity associated with a character they are a fan of?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post

Why would somebody who likes Dr Doom want that atrocity associated with a character they are a fan of?
    Well, because he's a villain, and fans of villains usually like them in spite of the atrocities they've committed. After all, Doom and Magneto have repeatedly tried to commit genocide. They just failed. Successful genocide doesn't change who they are that much.

So it's better to pin an act of genocide on a villain, because their fans don't mind them being genocidal.

no genuine fan of doom that i know of accepts victor as the witless patsy in scarlet's lunatic story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no genuine fan of doom that i know of accepts victor as the witless patsy in scarlet's lunatic story.
    Maybe you don't know enough people.

Also of course he's only a witless patsy if it's her fault. If he mind-controlled her into carrying out his evil genocidal plan, then she's the patsy. So "Doom did it" makes him look better.

Attacking other fanbases will get you nowhere.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

nether will standing in the way of justice. save the doom excuse for her trial if you think it's so airtight.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, because he's a villain, and fans of villains usually like them in spite of the atrocities they've committed. After all, Doom and Magneto have repeatedly tried to commit genocide. They just failed. Successful genocide doesn't change who they are that much.

So it's better to pin an act of genocide on a villain, because their fans don't mind them being genocidal.
    Thanks, I guess that makes sense, but it's still totally alien to me why somebody would support a fictional character that acts like that.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I would love to read a series where she hulk and daredevil prosecute the so called heroes of the marvel universe and have them actually face the consequences of their actions
    Yes i would love to see a series like that. In fact i want all Avengers and X-men that were inverted during Axis to stand trial. After Axis i want them all to face charges, otherwise they all come off as a bunch of hypocrites, and basically their so-called heroic actions mean absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact it is time to ask the question who in the heck job is it to hold these heroes accountable for their actions? Have the Living Tribunal put them all on trial.

Extraordinary Member

nether will standing in the way of justice. save the doom excuse for her trial if you think it's so airtight.
    Justice would have been Wanda being in allowed to appear in comics between 2005 and 2011, so justice will never be served.

Would a trial story have been fun? Sure! Much more fun than her being out of the comics. Just stop getting so angry that you don't always get the story you wanted. It would be like me spending all day pouting and yelling about all the Wanda stories we were cheated out of after House of M.

As a certain lovable mutant explained to Luke Cage, sometimes people don't stand trial and you just have to let it go and move on, because courts aren't set up to handle magic anyway; if someone's abusing magic, the demon lord tribunal needs to handle it. Ask Dr. Strange to report her to the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth.

if doctor strange claims her as his demon apprentice, then he should be hauled in front of the judge as well.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You obviously didn't read this earlier post....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Victor is just fine with that. I really don't like the fact that Heinberg used Doom to fix Bendis's sloppy writing but he's not going to go for trial for anything.
    I've read comics long enough to know you don't always get want you want. I just use this quote from Hickman whenever someone points out all the crazy stuff associated with Doom.

"There have been various takes on Doom over the years; some are much more sinister and some are much nobler. If you look at your big time villains in the Marvel Universe; your Dooms, your Magnetos and even Galactus, someone will always write a redemptive story for that character. Someone will always write the story where the guy goes over the cliff and kills an entire town," Hickman said. "It just depends on what your take on the character is. My take is that Doom is incredibly egocentric and an inherently flawed megalomaniac, but there's a bit of nobility there and for some reason he cares for certain things a whole lot. Like his people, his nation and Val."

Whereas Hickman wrote "All Hope Lies in Doom" I just say to myself "Trust in Hickman" and don't let the rest of it bother me. I liked most of Heinberg's CC except tying Doom in with Disassembled. Not to go into too much detail but the timing is off considering what had happened in Fantastic Four. But at least Heinberg planted some doubt that was expressed through Wolverine when he said he thought Doom was lying to protect Wanda. He really needed to protect Wanda from Bendis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Attacking other fanbases will get you nowhere.
    That's OK. I've learned to ignore certain posters who have a history of being banned.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Justice would have been Wanda being in allowed to appear in comics between 2005 and 2011, so justice will never be served.

Would a trial story have been fun? Sure! Much more fun than her being out of the comics. Just stop getting so angry that you don't always get the story you wanted. It would be like me spending all day pouting and yelling about all the Wanda stories we were cheated out of after House of M.

As a certain lovable mutant explained to Luke Cage, sometimes people don't stand trial and you just have to let it go and move on, because courts aren't set up to handle magic anyway; if someone's abusing magic, the demon lord tribunal needs to handle it. Ask Dr. Strange to report her to the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth.

She does look lovely there with her eyeball rolling expression. I also like how she isn't exposing as much flesh as she does these days.

BANNED

if doctor strange claims her as his demon apprentice, then he should be hauled in front of the judge as well.
    That can't happen, though. Magik is already his demon apprentice.

if no one will claim her then we have no choice but to put her in front of the world's court.