Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    What's going to damage Miles will be Marvel changing his name and trying to "streamline" the Spider-Man universe, i.e. ONE Spider-Man.
    Definitely, that's one step on his way to destruction. Like these folks don't seem to get what made Miles so popular to begin with, when it's really so simple.

Have zero issue with Bendis leaving. In general I'm not a fan of his marvel work, especially with the long established characters. So switching to dc will just be more of the same just at a different member of the big 2. His creator owned books is where he does his best work, IMO. Powers was a cool book way back when (that's when I became aware of him).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So Bendis has signed an exclusive contract with DC after leaving Marvel

https://www.cbr.com/brian-michael-bendis-dc-exclusive/

Should we start being worried about Miles, Riri and Jessica now?
    No, no and no.

Jessica and Miles for obvious reasons, but I explained in the Bendis Leaving Marvel thread that Bendis stated he has a big announcement for Riri that he wants to reveal at MIT which sounds like she's getting a solo, so if that assumption is true then it's only when her solo happens that I will start worrying if her sales are not high, or if the book gets canceled etc.

If Bendis doesn't announce Riri getting a solo this spring at MIT then I'll start to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Riri is royally screwed. I mean completely, I don't see how she has any chance of surviving this. She hasn't had enough time to pierce into other media forms yet to gain that general audience appreciation. Her only accalade besides a decent selling and pretty good book is her MIT comment.
    The article that announced her garnered 13 million views which was an unprecedented number for Marvel/Disney.

Plus and this has nothing to do with what I quoted, but she can easily be put into the MCU for more diversity.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-07-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    No, no and no.

Jessica and Miles for obvious reasons, but I explained in the Bendis Leaving Marvel thread that Bendis stated he has a big announcement for Riri that he wants to reveal at MIT which sounds like she's getting a solo, so if that assumption is true then it's only when her solo happens that I will start worrying if her sales are not high, or if the book gets canceled etc.

If Bendis doesn't announce Riri getting a solo this spring at MIT then I'll start to worry.

The article that announced her garnered 13 million views which was an unprecedented number for Marvel/Disney.

Plus and this interested to what I quoted, but she can easily be put into the MCU for nore diversity.
    Except that Marvel is slowly starting to reverse it's aspects to diversity. That's the major problem. Jane is supposedly losing her Thor title instead of sharing it with odinson, falcon is no longer captain america. I only hope his first issue sold decently. So that's what people don't get. Bendis was the buffer, as long as bendis was under the pen, no matter what happened to the other legacy characters, Miles and Riri was safe. Now, that safety blanket is gone, and I'm afraid what the future holds for marvel.

My only hope is that bendis can bring some of that legacy magic over to DC. He's horrible when it comes to higher powered characters writing wise, but I think he could bring like Val Zod, and the shazam family into stardom. I could also see him working on maybe Duke from batman, since that would fit in his wheelhouse more closely.
    Last edited by leo619; 11-07-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Wow when you write from your phone and then you look back at what your phone actually typed up... smh.

Except that Marvel is slowly starting to reverse it's aspects to diversity. That's the major problem. Jane is supposedly losing her Thor title instead of sharing it with odinson, falcon is no longer captain america. I only hope his first issue sold decently. So that's what people don't get. Bendis was the buffer, as long as bendis was under the pen, no matter what happened to the other legacy characters, Miles and Riri was safe. Now, that safety blanket is gone, and I'm afraid what the future holds for marvel.
    I see what you're saying and tbh, I think Marvel needs to call Christopher Priest, idk how many time Priest has said it but he said that there are companies that market directly to the black community, Iatino community, or the christian community and that Marvel and DC comics are not taking advantage of that, he also mentioned that he has connections with some of them and that he would be happy to help.

I feel this is something Marvel could and should do with Miles and Riri, they'll be marketed to people who need that representation and it would garner buyers outside of the usual comic readers, the only thing is the sales would be something like Moon Girl, as you more than likely know her sales are low but she does really well in scholastic, so I feel like if Marvel was smart and did something like what Priest has wanted the big two to do then low sales for Miles and Riri wouldn't mean much b/c they would benefiting/gaining money from something else.

My only hope is that bendis can bring some of that legacy magic over to DC. He's horrible when it comes to higher powered characters writing wise, but I think he could bring like Val Zod, and the shazam family into stardom. I could also see him working on maybe Duke from batman, since that would fit in his wheelhouse more closely.
    I would love to see him working on Valzod, and I agree about Duke being in his wheelhouse, I do think that Shazam is probably his or maybe that Justice Society book that was suppose to come out.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Man Marvel is running everybody off. This is huge news. I wonder what it means for Marvel. It seems as if DC is firing on all creative cylinders.

S/N I still think Fox gets bought by Disney. The talks aren't "Dead" they just went back to their corners I think.
    Last edited by Moose100; 11-07-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

Except that Marvel is slowly starting to reverse it's aspects to diversity. That's the major problem. Jane is supposedly losing her Thor title instead of sharing it with odinson, falcon is no longer captain america.
    These were always going to be temporary.
    Anybody vaguely familiar with how superhero comics work should have known that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    What's going to damage Miles will be Marvel changing his name and trying to "streamline" the Spider-Man universe, i.e. ONE Spider-Man.
    I think that is already in the works. Miles wanting to be his own person and out of Peter's shadow has been hinted more than once and in his last issue-he went off to fight crime without his costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's true. But in particular it has more to do with racism.

It's as if Marvel is giving in to white grievance.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well store owners and Diversity & Comics guy & Shawn James don't understand that.

Then again many of the crybabies are not readers of the books. Since most can not tell you what the story was about that caused them rage in the first place.

I feel more secure about Miles than Riri, but getting rid of Riri would definitely not look good for Marvel. She's gotten some pretty decent press like that fan video from MIT.
    13 million views? They aren't going to dump her. I can see her being used for educational purposes since there is a push to get girls of colors into STEAM programs.

So Bendis has signed an exclusive contract with DC after leaving Marvel

Should we start being worried about Miles, Riri and Jessica now?
    Or should we hope Bendis gets Cyborg?

Bendis says that Miles and Riri will be taken care of so there's hope.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...25748232798208

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    That's true. But in particular it has more to do with racism.

It's as if Marvel is giving in to white grievance.
    I don't think they are.

Because a lot of those books did better as trades. Including America, BP WOW & BP Crew.

I mean all that crying did was give those books more attention.

Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Something that occurred to me: I'm jumping back on Justice League for Priest, so hopefully they don't rush him off the book just so they can give it to Bendis...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While this is not a huge one, it appears that Cray's entire support team in Wild Storm: Michael Cray will be minority. Of interest: it will include alternate versions of DV8 members Hector Morales(Powerhaus) and Leon Carver(Frostbite).

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.....well played Ellis