• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Coates did his HOMEWORK and he LOVES the character. That is ALWAYS a GREAT combo to FIND in a writer!
    I really thought of you during that scene where BP says "he's faced Storm before. He knows she's the true power." I was like MF'in Rutog was right, AGAIN! LMAO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I really thought of you during that scene where BP says he's faced Storm before. He knows she's the true power. I was like MF'in Rutog was right, AGAIN! LMAO
    This is truly a GREAT DAY to be a STORM FAN! It's a victory for ALL of us!

LOL! There is just so much untapped potential when it comes to Storm stories it's not even funny. While I never want Storm to develop her mystical potential, I do want her to have some kind of resistance against magic so she can fight Dr. Strange-type foes as well. Heck, with the boost she just got and how she was able to put the beat down on a powerful mystical foe like Adversary, she has already demonstrated the power to take on the kind of big mystic baddies Dr. Strange faces with her elemental powers alone/without the use of magic. One of her ancestors was a Sorceress Supreme (probably had "goddess" level magic, too, given this is a gift of her maternal bloodline). It would stand to reason that she would inherit many of the immortal foes a sorcerer supreme would battle since many of them would bear a grudge against her bloodline.

Then, on top of this, she is a thief, a top-level H2H combattant, an expert stateswoman, and she has a power that can control the natural forces of wherever she is (not to mention her extreme power levels) meaning she can have both cosmic and interdimensional adventures. There is just TOO much to work with where Ororo is concerned.
    Right, right. I know I'm gonna be upset at the current X-Writers cause I know their not gonna follow up on this story.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

It doesn’t bother me.

I like both The Hammer and Coates Version. I like them both so I’m happy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Right, right. I know I'm gonna be upset at the current X-Writers cause I know their not gonna follow up on this story.
    You got that right about the X-writers. Storm is going to be taking her naps again. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men:_Gold_Vol_2_32

Who knows, though? We may get a good showing for Ororo again in June when she appears in "Wakanda Forever"? We probably won't see this "goddess" thing, but she'll likely be doing more than she does in Gold.

BANNED

This is truly a GREAT DAY to be a STORM FAN! It's a victory for ALL of us!
    Rutog, how does it feel knowing that he started with issue #13 writing her and now we're 13 issues later? When you realize that he's been weaving this story for a whole year, (not including the 6 issues of BP&C) what would be some of the questions you'd ask him? What were some of the things you didn't like? What are some pointers you'd give him regarding her portrayal up to this point? And what are some of the things you think he nailed with her?

BANNED

Rutog, how does it feel knowing that he started with issue #13 writing her and now we're 13 issues later? When you realize that he's been weaving this story for a whole year, (not including the 6 issues of BP&C) what would be some of the questions you'd ask him? What were some of the things you didn't like? What are some pointers you'd give him regarding her portrayal up to this point? And what are some of the things you think he nailed with her?
    The only thing I feel could have been improved upon would have been to have maybe a 3-4 page fight between Ororo and Adversary, as LAM brought up about 2 pages ago. I was wondering where he was going with this whole "goddess" aspect with Ororo, but as soon as I saw Adversary, I knew. I remembered Adversary being afraid of Storm's power and potential, but I was disappointed in how Claremont never delved into that. Coates totally gets props for tying up that loose end with regards to Storm being a threat to Adversary in "Fall of the Mutants" as that is something I have always wanted to see. This man knows how to create a storyline and develop it over long arcs while keeping the interest of the fanbase. I would like to see him use her powers in additional ways that are very creative, though! I love when writers have her creatively apply her powers to a situation in unsual ways to win.

I must also say that he captures the voice/personality and overall gradiosity of the character exceptionally well. His way of projecting her essence as a character rings true and authentic!
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 02:16 PM.

BANNED

The only thing I feel could have been improved upon would have been to have maybe a 3-4 page fight between Ororo and Adversary, as LAM brought up about 2 pages ago. I was wondering where he was going with this whole "goddess" aspect with Ororo, but as soon as I saw Adversary, I knew. I remembered Adversary being afraid of Storm's power and potential, but I was disappointed in how Claremont never delved into that. He totally gets prop for tying up that loose end with regards to Storm being a threat to Adversary in "Fall of the Mutants" as that is something I have always wanted to see. This man knows how to create a storyline and develop it over long arcs while keeping the interest of the fanbase.

I must also say that he captures the voice/personality and overall gradiosity of the character exceptionally well. His way of capturing her essence as a character rings true and authentic!
    I agree with you very much. That last part tho? Spot on. He has a way of capturing her voice that's been clear and true since the date night issue. His Storm is truly exceptional. He's got all current writes beat at this very moment in time. I just wish the artists would play up his stories more. Especially with this issue. We have clear evidence of the character's (T'Challa) talking about her great power, but all the artist comes up with is more lightning and weather phenomenon. I feel like his story would've been that much better if the artist understood that Storm is much, much more than just a weather manipulator.

BANNED

I agree with you very much. That last part tho? Spot on. He has a way of capturing her voice that's been clear and true since the date night issue. His Storm is truly exceptional. He's got all current writes beat at this very moment in time. I just wish the artists would play up his stories more. Especially with this issue. We have clear evidence of the character's (T'Challa) talking about her great power, but all the artist comes up with is more lightning and weather phenomenon. I feel like his story would've been that much better if the artist understood that Storm is much, much more than just a weather manipulator.

Agreed. I edited my response to you to address this. I would like to see her use her powers in more creative ways than just lightning bolts, a gust of wind, and snow. More internal attacks and direct manipulation of heat. For instance, if she wants to freeze something, she doesn't always have to do is by summoning cold. Why not just have her remove heat internally from her target and from around them? Its much more effective and more effecient than always summoning snow and ice to do the job (though I still enjoy seeing her wield a blizzard as it comes with other factors like percussive wind force and snow/ice that robs her foes of their vision added to the chilling temperatures...but if all she wants to do is freeze somebody, removing the heat from their immediately vicinity as well as from them internally would be the quickest way to do it). I'd like her to use her alternate eyesight where she sees the universe around her as patterns of energy and forces she bends to her will to look through solid objects so she can see what would be otherwise concealed (she doesn't have to use this power in this fashion all the time, but she's done it on an occassion or two. I'd just like to see it again sometime). Also, it would be nice if in exploring this "goddess" aspect of the character we can see her able to channel the energies of other celestial bodies while still on Earth. It would make sense for her to do this as we have already seen her channel the energy of millions of stars and planets while out in space even that were lightyears away from her. Well, stuff like that...
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 02:38 PM.

I've only read the issues where Storm appears in the title, so I'm gonna have to let somebody else who follows the whole series debunk what you said.
    Like I said, Coates is nothing but poison to Black Panther. If you read his run in it’s full form and how T’Challa is written compared to damn near everyone else you’ll get my ire towards this run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

I've only read the issues where Storm appears in the title, so I'm gonna have to let somebody else who follows the whole series debunk what you said.
    To draw a better parallel, Coates is to BP fans what Guggy is to us. Coates is guilty of writing the star character down in an attempt to push his pet character. It's just not as noticeable to us because in BP, we are benefiting from T'Challa being written as less than a hero for his supporting cast. On the other hand, Guggy is currently writing Storm down to prop up Kitty Pryde. So there a clear reasons for some BP fans to be upset. Some of their complaints are refuted by T'Challa himself tho. I really enjoy those moments! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Like I said, Coates is nothing but poison to Black Panther. If you read his run in it’s full form and how T’Challa is written compared to damn near everyone else you’ll get my ire towards this run.
    Dude, from what I've seen he seems to be working on his cast...which has been pretty nonexistent since Priest's run.

Anyway, I'm sorry you dislike the book but I'll be reading it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ain't nothing to debunk. What he said was facts. Coates needs to go. Let him write Storm and leave BP to a writer that actually loves and respects the character.

I read the most recent BP issue and I really enjoyed it. Y'all were spot on. I was very excited to see Storm's new feat/development. I liked how she did get the winning strike, but it was thru T'Challa's plan. I love the way Coates writes Storm and T'Challa together. He really captures what makes their relationship special.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Ain't nothing to debunk. What he said was facts. Coates needs to go. Let him write Storm and leave BP to a writer that actually loves and respects the character.
    He respects him enough to build his supporting cast up so that they can become recognizable characters on their own right. But I do agree that T'Challa is deserving of love and care as the lead character.