Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He's already been an Avenger? I have no idea what you are on about...

He even had his own batch of X-kids recently, and more or less headlined an X-book for a six issue mini. He's the crossover king.
    Came in to say this, the Spider-Man & The X-Men was hilarious. He is now considered a core member of the Avengers, Bendis made sure of this and it was cemented by Hickman; it was because of the Spider-Men (Peter & Miles) that the Secret Wars ended and the universe was rebuilt (specifically because of a Underwear Burger)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He's already been an Avenger? I have no idea what you are on about...

He even had his own batch of X-kids recently, and more or less headlined an X-book for a six issue mini. He's the crossover king.
    But I want him to be taken seriously is the point.
    A lot of the time when Peter gets added to an Avengers roster he usually used as comic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    A lot of the time when Peter gets added to an Avengers roster he usually used as comic relief.
    It’s weird how when DC throws their cash cow Batman into a book he usually overshadows the other characters and makes them look bad, but when Marvel puts Spider-Man in a book it’s him that looks like a clown and can’t get a serious story dedicated to him.

I'd prefer if Spidey is not in covers from stories he's not even in, or his role is basically a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    -- Liz Allan during the period she was a widow to Harry i.e. Pre-OMD dated Foggy Nelson in Daredevil titles.
    Hah, I wasn't aware of that.

Extraordinary Member

Like the man says, he's already doing five different things at once.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Came in to say this, the Spider-Man & The X-Men was hilarious. He is now considered a core member of the Avengers, Bendis made sure of this and it was cemented by Hickman; it was because of the Spider-Men (Peter & Miles) that the Secret Wars ended and the universe was rebuilt (specifically because of a Underwear Burger)
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Yeah, I'll admit that annoys me, too. That said, I like your icon. It's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    It’s weird how when DC throws their cash cow Batman into a book he usually overshadows the other characters and makes them look bad, but when Marvel puts Spider-Man in a book it’s him that looks like a clown and can’t get a serious story dedicated to him.
    Because Spider-Man's thing is to be the guy that everyone underestimates and looks down on, but nonetheless comes through when it's crunch time, which makes him more "relatable" to the average reader, or so goes the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'd prefer if Spidey is not in covers from stories he's not even in, or his role is basically a cameo.

Hah, I wasn't aware of that.
    Yeah, Liz broke it off with him in Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil arc of Daredevil, as a result of Mysterio's (failed) machinations to drive Daredevil into a mental breakdown that would result in DD killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Like the man says, he's already doing five different things at once.

I liked how Captain America defended Spider-Man to Swordsman. Come to think of it, he's probably Spider-Man's number-one champion in the larger superhero community, or at least the one guy there who's always shown him a degree of respect despite his reputation, most recently in Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310 with those guys interviewing for that documentary film they were making about Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Spider-Man has his own rich vein of stories, villains and characters in his own books.

Marvel probably doesn't want to over expose Spider-Man by putting him in too many ongoing books like they did with Wolverine for a bit.

Writers for the FF, X-Men and Avengers are telling stories about those characters and have no need for Spider-Man in them. Editorial should not be forcing those writers to use Spider-Man to boost sales either.

I'm also a DC fan and Batman is very much the cash cow that gets over milked in their books. I really don't want to see the same with Spider-Man at Marvel.

Yes there are people that will pick up any book with Spider-Man in it but I don't think it will be sustainable if he is appearing regularly in too many books.
    While I agree that putting Spider-Man in random titles just to increase sales is overkill. I am only referring to Spider-Man appearing as Peter Parker in a supporting role where he collaborates with The members of either The Avengers or X-Men, Captain Marvel, as well as Jessica Drew and Black Widow. Like most, I do not see Peter Parker as Batman, nor should he be. What I want to see is the ongoing development of Peter's friendship with some of the superheroes who can be lifelong friends of his, like Black Cat. Then again, Felicia is a Anti-Hero. Some have said that Spider-Man has his own rich vein of stories, villains, and characters in his own books. I feel that's the problem as it holds a familiar pattern. In the real world sense, once the villain is defeated, characters from other places should come in and out of his own books. It gives the true sense of surprise stories. For example, I would love to see Doc Ock go over to the X-Verse in exchange for Mystique and The Shadowking. I would love to see Felicia go into Hawkeye's world in exchange for The Black Widow, Jessica Drew and Tigra as Peter's allies in a story arc.

The only real reason why we see Spider-Man x Deadpool friendship develop is because the partnership took its time to develop. I'll admit that it was outside of the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. Most don't want to see Spidey mingle with other heroes, yet its ok for him to team-up with deadpool? What I want to see is Spider-Man working alongside Tigra, Jessica Drew and Black Widow respectively in a team-up mini series respectively.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-28-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I agree as Marvel had made Spidey(post OMD) into a silly man-child, which he's not. Marvel could easily include Peter Parker in as himself instead of Spider-Man whereby he works alongside the other team members(X-Men, Avengers, and FF). What surprises me is the fact that Spidey has never worked alongside Jennifer Walters on the Fantastic Four team roster. This is a friendship that has potential to rival Johnny Storm in that Peter and Jennifer are exactly alike..

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Yes. Spider-Man has a large supporting regular fanbase. If Spider-Man is a reoccurring guest, sales will spike.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO such study.
    I for one would like to see such studies, as this is the original premise of this thread. I want to read anecdotes that go, "Oh look, Spider-Man's been in two Spidey/FF minis, I should read his titles, and the FF as well."
    Peter and Jennifer are exactly alike..
    This premise has run its course. Ad infinitum. I wouldn't even call it an exaggeration, or hyperbole. Which is why my reaction to this is a big, resounding,
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I for one would like to see such studies, as this is the original premise of this thread. I want to read anecdotes that go, "Oh look, Spider-Man's been in two Spidey/FF minis, I should read his titles, and the FF as well."

This premise has run its course. Ad infinitum. I wouldn't even call it an exaggeration, or hyperbole. Which is why my reaction to this is a big, resounding,
    The same was said about Deadpool and Spider-Man. Look how that turned out. The same could be done with She-Hulk and Spider-Man as it could develop into a story where we finally get to see Peter Parker work alongside Bruce Banner, Betty Ross, and Rick Jones. If Jennifer was in Spider-Man's world, I would love to see her develop a friendship with Betty Brant, who could actually become partners at her Law Firm as an investigator. I won't bring up the She-Hulk and Spider-Man anymore. But we have to look past their superpowers and focus on their shared interest. I do not believe that Thor and Jennifer Walters have anything in common, a part from being members of The Avengers. I wished that Dan Slott had made Jennifer a reoccurring guest in the pages of Spider-Man instead of Carlie Cooper, who looked just like her. The past decade has been a total waste of time pairing Spider-Man up with love interests that was pointless instead of developing their friendships first. The Post-OMD era could had been an opportunity to redevelop Peter's relationship with Betty Brant becoming a supporting character as well as introducing Jennifer Walters and Tigra into the Spider-Man stories.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-16-2019 at 03:48 PM.

So Peter and Jennifer are still exactly alike to you? Peter's famously been known to break the fourth wall? Jennifer had woman-child problems? Or still has a secret identity?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So Peter and Jennifer are still exactly alike to you? Peter's famously been known to break the fourth wall? Jennifer had woman-child problems? Or still has a secret identity?
    I am not suggesting to Peter and Jennifer should have a romantic relationship. Rather I would like to see them develop their friendship that could explore their interests as we had seen with his relationship with Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew. There are potential stories to can be develop between Jennifer and Peter. I would love to see Jennifer's memories of Peter as Spider-Man restored. I feel that Peter and Jennifer could develop a friendship that would be unique in the Marvel Universe because their persona would compliment the other, as in the case with Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel...

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Spider-Man has his own rich vein of stories, villains and characters in his own books.

Marvel probably doesn't want to over expose Spider-Man by putting him in too many ongoing books like they did with Wolverine for a bit.

Writers for the FF, X-Men and Avengers are telling stories about those characters and have no need for Spider-Man in them. Editorial should not be forcing those writers to use Spider-Man to boost sales either.

I'm also a DC fan and Batman is very much the cash cow that gets over milked in their books. I really don't want to see the same with Spider-Man at Marvel.

Yes there are people that will pick up any book with Spider-Man in it but I don't think it will be sustainable if he is appearing regularly in too many books.
    Just last year, he was in his own book, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Renew Your Vows, and the brand is expanded further with Miles Morales' and Spider-Gwen's books as well as events. Maybe it's not overexposing, but Marvel is definitely trying to financially capitalize on the Spider-Man brand as much as they possibly can.

Astonishing Member

I am not suggesting to Peter and Jennifer should have a romantic relationship.
    You ignored my point about Peter and Jen alike and turned it into romantic potential, which I did not insinuate.

Are we going to stick to the original premise of this thread, or is this now yet another free-for-all for Peter and the "Marvel lady of the month" shipping?
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.