Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes she teamed with the Avengers against the Sinister Six around the time of the original Civil War crossover.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Harle...er_(Earth-616)

They aren't part of 616 though, are they? I thought they were separate.

Main universes Death's head spent time in the transformers universe.

There's also sledgehamer, soloman kaine and other conan spin-offs, john carter, alice cooper, kiss, and invincible was in a issue of Spider-Man team up.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    All these licensed characters and concepts are in 616 continuity
    Doc Savage
    Shogun Warriors
    Rom
    Alf
    Tarzan
    Access (co-owned with DC)
    Illuminator
    U.S. 1 (truck)
    Conan
    Red Sonja
    King Kull
    Godzilla
    The Doctor (Doctor Who)
    James Bond
    Fu Manchu
    Guiding Light
    Team America
    Human Fly
    KISS
    Meteor Man
    Solarman
    Nightcat
    How is ALF in the MU?

Marvel should buy out Conan and make it happen soon. No need to screw up reprints again now that Conan is blatantly and openly crossing over with Marvel characters. There were only a handful of one-shots during the original Marvel era.

Heck, you might as well add the Malibu Ultraverse characters to that list. Even though currently they are forbidden to be used, oh well... (btw, I know, they are outright owned, not "licensed")....

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    How is ALF in the MU?
    He had an annual that crossed over into the Evolutionary War. I have never read it, but he interacts with the High Evolutionary in it.

I also like how I'm not the only person who is aware of Illuminator. That was an odd little series.

That must be the last story of Alf Annual #1, "You Say You Want an Evolution?". It was a parody of the Evolutionary War.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Alf_Annual_Vol_1_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The marvel handbook also confirmed alf is canon also. He was also last seen in infinity gauntlet on tv. Looks like he stopped hiding and became a tv star!

Neat thing is dr fu Manchu, tarzan and jane and doc savage have versions in both the marvel and dc universe! They both did he-man but marvel never said it was canon but dc's he-man is for dc!

Also there's book heroes like Frankenstein, Dracula, war of the worlds, hunchback and others!

And machine man is from the 2001 movie universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The marvel handbook also confirmed alf is canon also. He was also last seen in infinity gauntlet on tv. Looks like he stopped hiding and became a tv star!

Neat thing is dr fu Manchu, tarzan and jane and doc savage have versions in both the marvel and dc universe! They both did he-man but marvel never said it was canon but dc's he-man is for dc!

Also there's book heroes like Frankenstein, Dracula, war of the worlds, hunchback and others!

And machine man is from the 2001 movie universe!
    Frankenstein, Dracula, etc. are not licensed characters. The copyrights on those creations have long since expired.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    ROM - He appears sometimes as Marvel owns his human persona, but the costume and references to the licensed merchandise themselves are not allowed
    This was discussed in the Who Watches the Watchers forum years ago. According to handbook writers, Rom in human form happened while Marvel still had the license, after the comic ended but before the licensed expired. So Rom in any form can't be used until and if they regain the license sadly. The one area that puzzles me is the Dire Wraiths. My understanding is that Marvel owns them, but they appeared in the IDW series.

One case where Marvel *can* use licensed characters but not the look is the former Team America, now Thunderriders. As long as they avoid the Team America look and name, they're okay.

One set of characters that look like licensed characters but which are fully owned by Marvel is Crystar and his cast. They were created by Marvel to get in on the toy action without having to worry about licensing.
    Adminstrator,
    Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works
    https://whowatchesthewatchers.boardhost.com/index.php

How has nobody mentioned the cream of the crop of licensed characters in the MU, NFL SuperPro??
    Last edited by FrogMan; 02-18-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Mighty Member

Never mind NFL SuperPro. What about....."Questroprobe"?

In fact, Transformers was originally in the Marvel Universe (Spidey showed up) but they very quickly changed their minds.
    In the UK, "Transformers" was tacitly part of Marvel more or less up to the end. The connecting factor was the Savage Land. The Savage Land, as referenced in then-current issues of "Transformers" ignored then-current Marvel. But, it was there.

I know that the original "Transformers" (and presumably "Generation 2") was given a number in Marvel's list of alternate worlds. (It was based on the UK publication dates.)

The real reason is that Marvel wanted to avoid more of the problem they were having with Rom or other properties. (In that case, there were characters that Marvel did not own that were bound in to Marvel backstory. When they lost the license, they lost those characters.)

If I remember correctly, Red Sonya was not a character from the Conan books. She was a separate character!
    It is something like that. Characters like Conan and Sonja were from a time when licensing was sloppier. ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Terminator" have had similar problems over the years, due to ineptitude and/or financial duress.)

(I can ask the guy at the comic shop, who is a Conan fan, for more details tomorrow.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

The Rom toys flopped, didn't they? I think the comics went on like 6 years after the toyline ended. Marvel should have purchased the rights to it outright at the time, but I guess that may not have been an option.

Mighty Member

Not sure if they "flopped". The toy market of 40 years ago was not what it is now. Back then, a line lasting more than a few years was almost unheard of. (Kids were assumed to age out of toys, and be replaced by different kids who would want new/different types of toys.) But, both Rom and Micronauts were part of Marvel for long after the toy lines ended.

So Rom in any form can't be used until and if they regain the license sadly. The one area that puzzles me is the Dire Wraiths. My understanding is that Marvel owns them, but they appeared in the IDW series.
    I believe that Hasbro owns the Dire Wraiths, but not the back story.

And, there is this. https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...s_a_character/

I recall the Space Knights getting wiped out in a cross-over at some point, maybe a decade ago, which probably means that Marvel has given up on the Space Knights.

Based on that thread, the thorny legal questions (resulting from sloppy licensing agreements) are nothing compared to the political and economic questions (due to Hasbro having the Marvel and Star Wars toy licenses).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Didn't rom only get one toy before the toyline died?

[IMG][/IMG]

A few more covers-
    [IMG][/IMG]

Death's head. Circuit breaker is owned by marvel also.
    [IMG][/IMG]