Page 125 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3725
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    That would have been good. Would prefer it then just 'Hulk' which is the only thing I dislike about her new status.
    In fairness, Jennifer Walters is the best Hulk there is. Why not call her just Hulk?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    In fairness, Jennifer Walters is the best Hulk there is. Why not call her just Hulk?
    ...because she's not Hulk?

Also, she's been going by She-Hulk for years, why change it now? I guess you could say, story-wise it would be to honor her cousins memory, but then again that'd be weird if she changed her name only when she started going out of control and was in pain the whole time.

I'm guessing they're pulling a riri where they just give her the money making moniker because they don't think she will sell without it, which I think is kind of embarrassing. If you don't think your character isn't worth selling without using someone elses name on the cover theres a problem. Silk's bee able to hold down two series and they never put "spider woman" on her cover. But, to play devil's advocate with myself, I'd make the argument that it could make sense in the fact that because she's out of control now is why the book is "Hulk"

But ultimately, this is a minor gripe and doesn't really affect the quality of the book in anyway. I'd even make the argument that it could make sense in the fact that because she's

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel after the first one. Maybe it'll grow on me.
    I enjoyed it more on a second read.

I certainly do not mind it too much, its just a small quibble. I just think abandoning the name is kinda like them saying 'Yeah, she was She-Hulk... but now she is a proper Hulk, so we can ditch the pronoun!' Her name should be a sign of her strength, she rocked it and proved those who belittled her as a 'weaker' hulk wrong. That could just be me overthinking it all though!

BANNED

I see the reasoning. Just that I think with her being THE Hulk, it even makes a grander statement that Hulk isn't limited to a gender pronoun.

I see the reasoning. Just that I think with her being THE Hulk, it even makes a grander statement that Hulk isn't limited to a gender pronoun.
    That is a good point! It will be interesting to see if others actually refer to her as just 'Hulk' now, or if she will retake the 'She-Hulk' moniker once she is better.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Isn't Cho now known by everyone on Marvel earth as the Hulk ?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    I enjoyed it more on a second read.
    Same here. I even have sympathy for Jen, having gone through a family loss myself last year.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I loved it! I thought it was a fantastic way to see her deal with anxiety and I thought her client seemed really interesting. It's off to a great start

Extraordinary Member

The Hulk sounds so badass.

Yet General Ross is still "Red Hulk", Cho is still "The Totally Awesome Hulk", Bruce is... Dead, and I have no idea what happened to Betty aka "Red She-Hulk". So what makes Jen so special that she deserves to take over the "Hulk" name? Because her cousin is dead? Or because Marvel's marketing department is on a huge name change kick using females at the moment?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Yet General Ross is still "Red Hulk",
    The Red Hulk in U.S.Avengers is not Ross, as per this spoiler article.

Also, while Jen's client Brewn was in her house, I had the spooky music from The Real Ghostbusters cartoon playing in my head.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I like the book, my only problem was that Jennifer didn't Hulk out.

Does anyone know if she ever had a nemesis or a rogues gallery, I can't think of any? Marvel needs to give her a great antagonist; not necessarily someone stronger but someone who can challenge her at times.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Yet General Ross is still "Red Hulk", Cho is still "The Totally Awesome Hulk", Bruce is... Dead, and I have no idea what happened to Betty aka "Red She-Hulk". So what makes Jen so special that she deserves to take over the "Hulk" name? Because her cousin is dead? Or because Marvel's marketing department is on a huge name change kick using females at the moment?
    All Hulks besides Bruce, Lyra (who is missing), and Jen got de-hulked due to a storyline by Gerry Duggan and... it wasn't very good in hindsight.

But as for my take on the whole name thing... I'm not a particular fan of it. Jen has her own identity and someone else has the title already. Frankly, I still see this as character regression than progression, since now we are going back to when she first became a hulk. Also, still iffy on making one of the strongest, self-confident, and most mature female characters on the Marvel universe and a feminist icon I would say... into a woman who isn't any of that. It's no Mockingbird #8 in terms of female character writing, but it makes me tilt my head regardless.

Also, reading Avengers Disassembled for the first time... damn was Bendis trying to break She-Hulk and turn her into an uncontrollable and rage-fueled monster for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    All Hulks besides Bruce, Lyra (who is missing), and Jen got de-hulked due to a storyline by Gerry Duggan and... it wasn't very good in hindsight.
    Cheers for the update. I haven't spent much time researching every character that had some sort of Hulk mutation in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    But as for my take on the whole name thing... I'm not a particular fan of it. Jen has her own identity and someone else has the title already. Frankly, I still see this as character regression than progression, since now we are going back to when she first became a hulk. Also, still iffy on making one of the strongest, self-confident, and most mature female characters on the Marvel universe and a feminist icon I would say... into a woman who isn't any of that. It's no Mockingbird #8 in terms of female character writing, but it makes me tilt my head regardless.
    Exactly! Jen is what you want a feminist icon to be in this media. She's strong, was a high ranking lawyer that fought for the rights of everyone (a true egalitarian), and she didn't need anyone to take care of her except herself. As She-Hulk, she was no different, except she could squash things; but preferred to talk things out first and use violence as a last resort. The current version we're seeing in the new "Hulk" book looks like we'll have the out of control violent monster, giving a Jeckel/Hyde set up for the book. This doesn't seem progressive at all. It's just bad writing.