Page 269 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1692192592652662672682692702712722732793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Yeah I don't agree with Ryback on much, but I see his point here. The thing is, exposure, booking, TV time, etc play a huge role in drawing power and that's not often under the performers control.

If the company wants someone pushed, and they constantly give them TV time, put them in big feuds, they're constantly on PPV, and the company produces a lot of merch for them and pushes it.

And then on the other hand, you have someone who barely can get on TV, is given lots of meaningless stuff to do, and has like maybe 1 or 2 not very well made pieces of merch shoved out there randomly.

Well of course the former is probably going to sell more, but that doesn't automatically make them better. It just means that the company has stacked the dead very much in their favor, so to then turn around and go "well we should pay them more because they sell more" seems iffy because it's not an even playing field.

I mean WWE tried to cram Roman Reigns down everyone's throats for years despite the backlash. But on the other hand, when Zack Ryder got himself organically over, he was PUNISHED for doing so without the company's permission by being buried and then mostly disappearing from TV.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    If he was their best announcer, maybe, but he's not. Not even close, really.
    Who you think is their best announcer? Mauro is the best guy they got on the payroll. I want him in the booth over anyone they got.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Ah but that's the Ryback arguement. AJ Styles entertains the crowd cause he's allowed to. If Vince says so he can have a massive losing streak and be stuck in a midcard storyline like Bobby Roode is. Remember Cody left because he was better than Stardust but wasn't allowed to show it.

Entertaining the crowd doesn't mean much when the stars fans want pushed get buried and the ones they hate get pushed.

There should be a gap somewhere between top star and midcarder but it shouldn't be that high considering the main difference of how you're going to be booked is depending on how Vince feels that morning.
    Booking is a part of the equation, but plain and simple there are SOME people who are better at this than others. There are people who are better in-ring workers, there are people who are better mic workers, and there are people who are just plain more naturally charismatic. There are wrestlers who simply have more value because they are better at connecting with the audience and they're compensated for that. That's not to say that the system is perfect. There are always going to be people over and underpushed... but the point still holds that not everyone in the lockeroom should be paid the same because some people are simply better at this than others. Not everyone is the same... if that were the case there wouldn't be a bidding war over Omega as we speak.

It's no different than any other form of entertainment. In the Black Panther movie, YES Boseman gets paid more than henchmen #7. Is it henchmen #7 fault that the script says Bosemans character should win? No... doesn't change the fact that Boseman will and SHOULD get paid more.

Even though it's obviously none of our business, if Omega signs with AEW I'd be VERY curious to know how many zero's are at the end of his first paycheck. If it's the same as every other man and woman in that lockeroom, I'll be shocked. If fact if they are ONLY going to pay him as much as everyone else in that lockeroom, then frankly I'm not sure Omega will be a part of it.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-09-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I could see New Day jumping en masse to AEW.

Kofi is on his final year of a 3 year deal, Woods was extended in 2018 so he's on borrowed time, Big E's was over in 2018 but extended so he's on borrowed time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 cut at some point after WM.
    Yeah. Don't see any of those guys leaving. They are good hands, who make Vince a ton of money.Vince ain't broke

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Who you think is their best announcer? Mauro is the best guy they got on the payroll. I want him in the booth over anyone they got.
    I like Mauro too, but if we're talking about the best announcer on the payroll right now I'd say Graves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Honestly, nothing of value would be lost if Mauro left.
    I agree. Not that Mauro isn't great just that his impact isn't huge.Mauro isn't putting butts in seats.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I like Mauro too, but if we're talking about the best announcer on the payroll right now I'd say Graves.
    I say Graves is the most utilized. Over utilized imho. Great color guy though.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

If an announcer is putting butts in seats, something is very wrong with the product.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Ultimate Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBrandi...61130094891008

Brandi Rhodes clarifies the pay thing.

Astonishing Member

My AEW wishlist..

CM PUNK. Not going to happen but damn that would be the biggest shot fired.

Jay Lethal. It's time to move on from ROH. Jay Lethal is a talent that deserves a bigger spotlight.

Willie Mack. To me , the guy just has IT.

Pentagon. I have zero faithon the WWE using him correctly.AEW seems to be his best shot to get to higher status.

Fenix. See Pentagon.

Women: Tessa, Rosemary,Ivelisse, and Taya.

Nick Aldi's aka Magnus. Got the look, the gab, and the belt.
    Eli Drake. Has the mouth to put butts in seats.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    My AEW wishlist..

CM PUNK. Not going to happen but damn that would be the biggest shot fired.

Jay Lethal. It's time to move on from ROH. Jay Lethal is a talent that deserves a bigger spotlight.

Willie Mack. To me , the guy just has IT.

Pentagon. I have zero faithon the WWE using him correctly.AEW seems to be his best shot to get to higher status.

Fenix. See Pentagon.

Women: Tessa, Rosemary,Ivelisse, and Taya.

Nick Aldi's aka Magnus. Got the look, the gab, and the belt.
    Eli Drake. Has the mouth to put butts in seats.
    I thought Fenix signed?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    If an announcer is putting butts in seats, something is very wrong with the product.
    Which is why no announcer currently used by the WWE is a huge loss.

I enjoy Mauro a great deal, but he isn't the reason I watch NXT.

Astonishing Member

I thought Fenix signed?
    Rumor and innuendo

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBrandi...61130094891008

Brandi Rhodes clarifies the pay thing.
    So if this applied to the WWE ...

Cena/Becky get paid the same.

Brock/Rhonda get paid the same.

Ziggler/Bayley get paid the same.

New Day/Riott Squad get paid the same.

Etc.

I like that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So if this applied to the WWE ...

Cena/Becky get paid the same.

Brock/Rhonda get paid the same.

Ziggler/Bayley get paid the same.

New Day/Riott Squad get paid the same.

Etc.

I like that.
    I think it might be fairer to say Becky gets paid the same as AJ or Roman. I think Cena is in a whole other level.

But yeah... I think it's fair that female performers of equal level should be paid the same as the guys. Hopefully that's happening now with people like Becky and Charlotte.