Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

For the love of god, no more double duty characters. The Avengers office has been really good at this in recent years, though.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Is Steve Rogers in this? Why isn’t he in charge of Agents of Wakanda? He’s usually the general in the Avengers.
    He's on the main Avengers team and everyone voted T'Challa the chairperson.

Considering T'Challa is funding the team and is a pretty experienced spymaster along with being an experienced ruler and leader I think it makes sense. Plus you capitalize on Wakanda's popularity.

I'm kind of surprised how accessible this book still is despite introducing all these characters
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I sort of hope Aaron ends up getting 2 Avengers books like Hickman and Bendis did, instead of just one. I sort of think it might work better of Agents of Wakanda was a separate book from the core Avengers book which ended up coming together.
    Agents of Wakanda feels like an almost inevitability, assuming Aaron has ideas for them. My preference would be to call it just that rather than Avengers but I understand the marketing reasons for Avengers.

This book started so weak but it's been a lot of fun recently. I'm just debating whether to jump ship before War of the Realms since I'm not reading Thor and don't really want to get sucked into an event.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I love the line up for the AoW but it just seems so weird to me to have barely any Wakandans on it. I'd rather this team become the new Agents of Atlas.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Agents of Wakanda feels like an almost inevitability, assuming Aaron has ideas for them. My preference would be to call it just that rather than Avengers but I understand the marketing reasons for Avengers.

This book started so weak but it's been a lot of fun recently. I'm just debating whether to jump ship before War of the Realms since I'm not reading Thor and don't really want to get sucked into an event.
    Though I get wanting to captalize on the BP movie, I sort of think if they get their own book they should call it Agents of Atlas rather than Agents of Wakanda. To me, there aren't enough Wakandans to justify calling it that (even though it's working with the Wakandan government).

But for marveling, they might wanna call it Avengers: Avenger of Wakanda. Get the Avengers part in there to help sales.

And I agree the second arc is a big improvement over the first. It's almost like it's a completely different writer handling things, since it has such a different feel.

As far as getting sucked into an event... I'll wager this is a company wide event, which will be though (though not impossible) to avoid. Avenger events tend to really be MU events.

I don't buy Avengers comics very often, but if you're going to give me Gorilla Man, Fat Cobra, and Morbius all in one issue, I don't care what it says on the cover.

-Pav, who is hoping for a spin-off...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

This issue made me realize why I loved these past few issues: they remind me of Aaron from when he was writing Wolverine and the X-Men. That was one of my favorite books a couple of years ago. It could be funny, intimate, but also grand. It was Aaron happily going through his toy box and carefully picking his favorite charscters. He embraces the weirdness of Marvel, but is happy to keep the fun and make it accessible.

He just seems like he's havin fun on this book.

The book tricks you into reading this very politically aware and timely story about the dangers of tribalism and the failures of the superhero community, while it at the same time embraces what makes comics such a unique and endearing medium.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I get wanting to captalize on the BP movie, I sort of think if they get their own book they should call it Agents of Atlas rather than Agents of Wakanda. To me, there aren't enough Wakandans to justify calling it that (even though it's working with the Wakandan government).

But for marveling, they might wanna call it Avengers: Avenger of Wakanda. Get the Avengers part in there to help sales.

And I agree the second arc is a big improvement over the first. It's almost like it's a completely different writer handling things, since it has such a different feel.

As far as getting sucked into an event... I'll wager this is a company wide event, which will be though (though not impossible) to avoid. Avenger events tend to really be MU events.
    You could also call it Agents of The Avengers. Have The Avengers capitalized and bolded and "Agents of" floating above kind of like "Mighty", "Secret" or "Uncanny" has in the past.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Although this is a global team and T'Challa is making this a global collective which I like he is outfitting everyone and directing everything. The other main Avengers are not involved also clears them of any liability when things go south. If Aaron doesn't have things eventually go bad some other writer will come along and tear things down ala Bendis
    The J-man

It seems likely that after War of the Realms we're going to see a global superhero war.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Although this is a global team and T'Challa is making this a global collective which I like he is outfitting everyone and directing everything. The other main Avengers are not involved also clears them of any liability when things go south. If Aaron doesn't have things eventually go bad some other writer will come along and tear things down ala Bendis
    Anytime marvel involves the government into a storyline you're pretty much guranteed that things will fall apart.

That said, this story has several potential spin offs. Agents of Wakanda, as we've been talking about... and possibly even Squadron Supreme of America. So I think in a perfect world, even if things don't work out storyline wise marvel would like for all this stuff to stay intact long enough to have viable spin off books.

Mighty Member

So this issue explains why Domino was hired by Wakanda to secure Morbius, and why Morbius was being sought by Dracula. Also, I absolutely loved seeing an empty seat at the Avengers table for Blade. Great to see him on the main team for the first time next to some of the most popular heroes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    So this issue explains why Domino was hired by Wakanda to secure Morbius, and why Morbius was being sought by Dracula. Also, I absolutely loved seeing an empty seat at the Avengers table for Blade. Great to see him on the main team for the first time next to some of the most popular heroes out there.
    Does it explain that? Atlas Bear is exiled from Wakanda and does not appear to be in communication of allegiance with T'Challa and Okoye.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It seems likely that after War of the Realms we're going to see a global superhero war.
    Awesome. Because if it's one thing we don't get to see enough of at Marvel is heroes fighting heroes.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Awesome. Because if it's one thing we don't get to see enough of at Marvel is heroes fighting heroes.
    If that means fighting the Squadron or the Winter Guard that barely counts as hero vs hero. Those groups despite being good guys were practically designed to fight the Avengers day one.