Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Well, this is an arena fight since the OP does not say otherwise. Granted, given a chance to do it, Thor could cloud things over and make enough shade to win. The problem is that the Nuclear Man has that travel speed that could take him from the Earth to the Moon in seconds or to anywhere on Earth in seconds. All he has to do at the bell is rocket straight into Thor at that kind of speed and I don't think MCU Thor has reaction feats to evade it fast enough.
    Yeah, but Nuclear man basically has to launch himself to do that at his much slower reaction time to that speed. Thor could potentially functionally aim dodge, is what I'm saying, meaning buddy would slam reaaaallly hard into the wall.

It's not a good idea, is what I'm saying.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Edge to Nuclear Man. Thor doesn’t so much do the dodging thing all that much. I can see him doing it once or twice out of ten, but ehh.....I’d back the Bizzato knockoff. Unless he dodges he won’t gain enough time to cloud cover, which leaves him dealing with a pissed off moon puncher.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Edge to Nuclear Man. Thor doesn’t so much do the dodging thing all that much. I can see him doing it once or twice out of ten, but ehh.....I’d back the Bizzato knockoff. Unless he dodges he won’t gain enough time to cloud cover, which leaves him dealing with a pissed off moon puncher.
    Thor's not intentionally stupid or incompetent though really, if his best option was to dodge, I mean..

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Thor's not intentionally stupid or incompetent though really, if his best option was to dodge, I mean..
    I get what you’re saying, but....I don’t know. The image of MCU Thor frantically dodging aside just seems....counter to his nature. Kind of like Superman. He always just stands there and takes it.

But being his best option does make sense, so.....yeah, that should be his opening move.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I get what you’re saying, but....I don’t know. The image of MCU Thor frantically dodging aside just seems....counter to his nature. Kind of like Superman. He always just stands there and takes it.

But being his best option does make sense, so.....yeah, that should be his opening move.
    Except for the time he threw himself out of the way of machine-gun fire from a Jet to dodge.

Like not all that out of his nature.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well again, basic fight conditions, so.

So yeah, he'd opt for other moves instead, I should think. Too much potential to smash into the wall.

So yeah, he'd opt for other moves instead, I should think. Too much potential to smash into the wall.
    To be fair, I don't see to recall Nuclear Man being all too bright.

Granted, that could have just been the writing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Eh, I wouldn't go so far as to call him intentionally incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Except for the time he threw himself out of the way of machine-gun fire from a Jet to dodge.

Like not all that out of his nature.
    It should have done squat to him, but eh, I guess he was playing it safe because of his unfamiliarity with human weapons.

Thor also dodges plenty in his fights with Hulk. He typically blocks energy blasts with Mjolnir that again shouldn't hurt him much. He's a decent defensive fighter.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It should have done squat to him, but eh, I guess he was playing it safe because of his unfamiliarity with human weapons.

Thor also dodges plenty in his fights with Hulk. He typically blocks energy blasts with Mjolnir that again shouldn't hurt him much. He's a decent defensive fighter.
    Just because you CAN be hit by something, doesn't mean you WANT to.

Like getting splashed with water won't harm Cthulhu none, but I'd prefer not to be while I'm out and about.

Arx Inosaan

I mean, water is what boats float on, I can see how it would bring back traumatic memories by association.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

He pulled a pretty slick dodge when Hulk threw a jet wing at him.

Those are all true, upon reflection.

Seems Thor’s odds for dodge and cloud cover are higher than I first anticipated.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Eh, I wouldn't go so far as to call him intentionally incompetent.
    well, i really would doubt luthor would create something as smart as himself and as powerful as superman. well, he did have luthor's ego but he wasn't a rocket scientist.