Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

“Magnets. What could be simpler?” is actually Erik M. Lensherr’s presidential campaign slogan.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    “Magnets. What could be simpler?” is actually Erik M. Lensherr’s presidential campaign slogan.
    Reporter: "Aren't you a German citizen? Or maybe Avalonian?"

Erik: "Magnets have no nationality!"

Reporter: "I'm not sure that that's actually any better."

Erik: "Mmmmag. Nnnnnnnets."

Reporter: (sighs).

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNEEEEEEEEEEEETS!"
    They've gone full magnet. You never go full magnet.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    They've gone full magnet. You never go full magnet.
    Where does Magneto cauterizing the stump of his wrist with magnetism after his hand was cut off rank on the "Marvel doesn't understand magnetism" scale?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    ~snipping~
    Taking those scans into context, it's clear that Magneto's just showing off in the last scan now.

That's like Superman saying that by applying muscle movement into his right limb and contracting his fingers into a fist, he can swing with enough force so as to inflict physically violent contact with the area in front of the head that is full of sensory receptors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Where does Magneto cauterizing the stump of his wrist with magnetism after his hand was cut off rank on the "Marvel doesn't understand magnetism" scale?
    Technically, Magneto controls the Electromagnetic spectrum, which includes Infrared radiation, so he should be able to cauterize human flesh pretty easily.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Taking those scans into context, it's clear that Magneto's just showing off in the last scan now.

That's like Superman saying that by applying muscle movement into his right limb and contracting his fingers into a fist, he can swing with enough force so as to inflict physically violent contact with the area in front of the head that is full of sensory receptors.
    It is some peak comic dialogue right there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That's almost at "Nanomachines, Son" level.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Squirrel Girl

Tell me I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Squirrel Girl

Tell me I'm wrong!
    The OP said "Weakest."

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Forum REALLY needs like buttons. :)
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The mutate Lorelei could probably solo Dr. Manhattan.