Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think too much is being made about the Doom's counterpart saying he's afraid. As you say, this is not a fear of facing, death, or the Marvel equivalent of the Devil Himself. His counterpart talks of the deep wound and the anger "our Doom" still carries inside from the old days. He doesn't want to let that out and uses all the trappings, the mask, the armor, etc to hide that wound. He fears being found out that he is still vulnerable to the pain of those emotions. He wants distance between him and the rest of humanity so he wears the mask and the armor. Which reminds me....why doesn't Doom do something about his face? As the other Victor says he can repair his face. After all, this time it may be something more supernatural, something that he can probably fix himself or get Dr Strange's help.....but there's the catch. He probably is loathe to ask for such help. I think that right after he engaged that Ultimate Nullifier, he regretted it. We see him confess to Kang that "There's no good in me, Kang. There never was. And there never shall be. "in saecula saeculorum" , which appears in the last few captions of the story, come from the Bible and means the ages of ages or forever. Now this could mean that Doom has finally given up on any type of epiphany that will change the man he has become. It a sort of fatalism or a destiny he can't deny or change I guess.

As for Reed, I always see him as more coldly rational at times but he does at least have a family life to balance that out. You look back at some of those old FF stories by Stan and Jack and he could be really insulting to the other members of the team. Doom has deep interests in both the arts and the sciences. The practice of magic is considered an art. He has an art collection and has a strong interest in music. We really don't see Reed display much interest in the arts at all.
    Doom would have a fear of being vulnerable and its not him being a coward, I think some people took that scene in Infamous Ironman where Cynthia calls Victor a coward for not killing the rabbit and just think he is one? I'm not sure, but like in the end I just feel the Doom series ending was very rushed. As for his face, it boils down to either:

1. Doom cannot heal himself because his scars were of a mystical nature, cursed by Mephisto perhaps or whatever that demon hood guy was the last time he got scars.
    2. Doom refuses to heal himself wanting to keep his scars as a reminder of the past.

Also I have an issue with people assuming Doom would run to Strange for help at any given time, while they now have a kind of friendship I don't believe they are friends in anything more than two beings who respect each other's mystical power, and formed a bond over that. Even in T&T Doom planned things out so that Strange would have to help him, it doesn't cross his mind that Stephen would have helped if he asked. Victor has a hard time asking for help, yet another one of his foils, he either preferences to have people indebted to him or finds a way to break even where he is not indebted to the other. So even if Strange has the power to heal Victor's scars I still think Victor wouldn't go to him.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Doom would have a fear of being vulnerable and its not him being a coward, I think some people took that scene in Infamous Ironman where Cynthia calls Victor a coward for not killing the rabbit and just think he is one? I'm not sure, but like in the end I just feel the Doom series ending was very rushed. As for his face, it boils down to either:

1. Doom cannot heal himself because his scars were of a mystical nature, cursed by Mephisto perhaps or whatever that demon hood guy was the last time he got scars.
    2. Doom refuses to heal himself wanting to keep his scars as a reminder of the past.

Also I have an issue with people assuming Doom would run to Strange for help at any given time, while they now have a kind of friendship I don't believe they are friends in anything more than two beings who respect each other's mystical power, and formed a bond over that. Even in T&T Doom planned things out so that Strange would have to help him, it doesn't cross his mind that Stephen would have helped if he asked. Victor has a hard time asking for help, yet another one of his foils, he either preferences to have people indebted to him or finds a way to break even where he is not indebted to the other. So even if Strange has the power to heal Victor's scars I still think Victor wouldn't go to him.
    I still think he would if he ever came to the point where he wants to do it but lacks some skill involved or it's a special curse that needs some high powered magic. Doom really had his back in that one. I think there is this great unspoken respect that he has for Stephen and he is indebted to him for what they were able to accomplish with his mother's soul. There is certainly far less conflict between them than there is with Reed.

Did you read their team up in Savage Avengers? Doom really had his back in that one. Unfortunately, he kind of disappears from the series after issue #10

Better late than never - and it's still January so technically, at least here, it's still time - so...

Happy New Year !!! Dear people of Doom.

I won't get into technical details - we're obviously all kind of tired of those - bu I wish you all the best for 2021!

So there's a new thread, and it's a beautiful one! Congrats!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

In short, I've read Avengers #40 and there is not much to say about it... It also absolutely came out of nowhere...

The team-up with Iron Man was a quite fun reading. I especially liked the final pages. Victor still has the pure soul of a child in his own peculiar way. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Here's hoping 2021 will bring better things for both Doom & Latveria

This is gorgeous! Where does it come from?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Abe!!! Good to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    This is gorgeous! Where does it come from?
    It's from the 90s Namor series, with art by Jae Lee. And yes, it was 90s EXTREME art, but it was pretty amazing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Abe!!! Good to see you!

It's from the 90s Namor series, with art by Jae Lee. And yes, it was 90s EXTREME art, but it was pretty amazing.
    Of course, It's Jae Lee's style at the time! One of the issues I tried to purchase a few years ago I guess... sadly in vain....

It's good to see you too, Rev! I hope everything is fine for you in those complicated times... I wish the best for 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Of course, It's Jae Lee's style at the time! One of the issues I tried to purchase a few years ago I guess... sadly in vain....

It's good to see you too, Rev! I hope everything is fine for you in those complicated times... I wish the best for 2021!
    Hi Abe! Happy New Year to you as well. I think those Namor issues might be in a collected version but I can check around. I have the issues boxed away somewhere.

I'm glad you like the new thread. At least this year I had time to get it together. It is still a work in progress. I plan on updated the first page with new merchandise, books and articles and interviews. I will still create a separate post to alert all the Doom minions when something new crops up.

Just came across this interview on PreviewsWorld that is part of their Best of 2020 Section:

Best of 2020 Interview: Christopher Cantwell's Doctor Doom He's megalomaniacal. He's a tyrant. He’s the most fun of all the evil dudes. He is...DOOM! In 2020, writer Christopher Cantwell and artist Salvador Larroca brought their DOCTOR DOOM maxi-series to its bombastic conclusion. Part-political thriller and part-supernatural adventure, this 10 issue run caught fire (all the puns intended!) with fans quickly. And for good reason. On Cantwell's watch, the not-so-good Doctor was always on his heels -- which is NOT something he’s used to. But because he is DOOM, you better believe he doesn’t balk at opposition. He takes to it!
    In the following interview, Christopher Cantwell gives a glimpse into the creative thought process behind DOCTOR DOOM, how 2020 impacted the series, and more!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-09-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I still think he would if he ever came to the point where he wants to do it but lacks some skill involved or it's a special curse that needs some high powered magic. Doom really had his back in that one. I think there is this great unspoken respect that he has for Stephen and he is indebted to him for what they were able to accomplish with his mother's soul. There is certainly far less conflict between them than there is with Reed.

Did you read their team up in Savage Avengers? Doom really had his back in that one. Unfortunately, he kind of disappears from the series after issue #10

I did read the first issue of Savage Avengers with Doom meeting Conan but I haven't picked up the rest yet. lol, I will get on that this year.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I did read the first issue of Savage Avengers with Doom meeting Conan but I haven't picked up the rest yet. lol, I will get on that this year.
    I think you will be glad you did The panel I posted was his last appearance IIRC. I was hoping he'd return to continue the fight with Kulan Gath

Doctor Doom To Debut In Black Panther 2 (EXCLUSIVE)
    https://fandomwire.com/doctor-doom-t...r-2-exclusive/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Doom To Debut In Black Panther 2 (EXCLUSIVE)
    https://fandomwire.com/doctor-doom-t...r-2-exclusive/
    Thanks for posting that Witchfan. I hope this isn't another click bait article. They've been cropping up for a while now. I'd rather they solidify his connection with the Fantastic Four first...and maybe the FF can be mentioned in Black Panther 2. I have yet to see any info on when BP is going into production. With this new version of covid out there I really am concerned that any filming is still a ways off.

Thanks for posting that Witchfan. I hope this isn't another click bait article. They've been cropping up for a while now. I'd rather they solidify his connection with the Fantastic Four first...and maybe the FF can be mentioned in Black Panther 2. I have yet to see any info on when BP is going into production. With this new version of covid out there I really am concerned that any filming is still a ways off.
    I'm pretty sure this is clickbait / wild conjecture.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BossLogic fancast ... Giancarlo Esposito as Doom.