Page 480 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580980 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The sentiment is only gonna grow the more people hit the acceptance stage of the five stages of grief. Marvels going to have to realize that they can’t shelve T’Challa forever. Especially when Storm inevitably comes to the MCU.
    Eh. I think MCU Nakia Lupita is way better for Black Panther mythology.

Leave Storm to excel in the upcoming X-Men films.
    The new Storm actress will probably be around Letitia’s age anyway, if not younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought the whole BP-Storm romance wasn't generally popular. Of all the reasons to bring him back, that's low on my list.
    Its one of those things that was hndled poorly and thus hated in comics but would be a absolute powerhouse and pop culture dominance in the csul movie watching world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, the movies had Zemo responsible for T'Chaka's death, as per Zemo bombing the United Nations headquarters where T'Chaka and T'Challa happened to be while the Sokovia Accords were being signed in Captain America: Civil War, so it wouldn't exactly be a retread of that . . . then again, could have a more comic-inspired Zemo as a villain for Black Panther, if they really did want to riff off the movies.
    I meant it would be a retread in the loose sense of T’Challa having a story arc centered around revenge for his father. Sure it’d be less complex than Zemo manipulating Bucky into attacking the Sokovia Accords but the idea of T’Challa hunting down or luring Klaw to have him pay for T’Chaka’s death is still really similar IMO.

I don’t know if a project that seems to want to do it’s own thing independent of the MCU would have another T’Challa revenge arc after the MCU did their own take on it. Not that I’d complain if Square Enix went in that direction, but it doesn’t seem like their MO going by their approach to Hawkeye, Kate, and the rest of the Avengers.

Ultimate Member

We don't have a Storm cast yet, or even the next T'Challa.

I doubt we'll see their romance in the MCU. I can't imagine what fresh hell it would be coordinating the actors schedule and their respective movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Mines too. But that was one of the most prominent moments of T’Challas history and one that casuals really wanted to see happen on screen, including Storms former actress for X-Men apocalypse. Oh well, at least I still have comics and video games to see my king shine.
    I guess so, but I'm mainly interested in Black Panther for everything else about him, like action, adventure, his relationships with his family and colleagues, and even politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Its one of those things that was hndled poorly and thus hated in comics but would be a absolute powerhouse and pop culture dominance in the csul movie watching world.
    Maybe, but Idk how many people actually care at the moment

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Eh. I think MCU Nakia Lupita is way better for Black Panther mythology.

Leave Storm to excel in the upcoming X-Men films.
    The new Storm actress will probably be around Letitia’s age anyway, if not younger.
    Why would Storm be that young in the MCU?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why would Storm be that young in the MCU?
    Why wouldn’t she be?

Letitia is 27 now. By the time an X-Men movie comes out that Storm will be in, it will be 2024. So that’s about a 30 year old actress.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    On paper, Achebe just wouldn't be as interesting to the general public as Namor would be unless they completely change the character. "Black Panther vs. Aquaman" is enough to get people in seats, it also ticks off every box for a major summer blockbuster in one fell swoop.

It also could possibly be a potential, great showing for Wakanda. Being able to fend off, hold their own against another highly advanced kingdom without the need of Avengers. I trust Coogler to do this justice.
    I still think it'd be interesting if Achebe was pulling the strings. You're right that he's not a main draw. However, if you introduce him early enough and establish him as a the "Joker" to T'Challa, or T'Shuri or whoever as BP it makes it better for the long run. You dont know when he'll pop up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I still think it'd be interesting if Achebe was pulling the strings. You're right that he's not a main draw. However, if you introduce him early enough and establish him as a the "Joker" to T'Challa, or T'Shuri or whoever as BP it makes it better for the long run. You dont know when he'll pop up.
    We still need villains for the Wakanda Disney Plus shows, we now know about. Achebe could show up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No one has an interview from Coogler stating that. Atleast nothing I have seen. And if they asked Coogler a month (or less considering they made the Announcement less that 3 months after he passed) then who TF is going to be like if"Yes man let's Recast this isht!!" It's why the recast is gaining more weight as time passes because deep down, everyone knows that one the character is too important to be sidelined, and two, there is nothing disrespectful at all about recasting and no one is going to forget Chadwick if he is recast. This literally never happens to characters who are recast and continue to have their stories told.
    Blame black media.

Coogler's promoted Judas and the Black Messiah. He's done interviews about producing Space Jam.

Where are the black media members to ask the important question. "WHY?"

Somebody like me is good with whatever he chooses even though I prefer T'Challa. My issue is trying to answer for Coogler. He should make it clear it was his decision cause he's still grieving. He should make it clear that its too soon to just replace his friend. Just speak on it. Dont speak around it. Be verbal enough to give your believers trust in what you're doing and not studio doing studio.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-07-2021 at 08:14 PM.

We still need villains for the Wakanda Disney Plus shows, we now know about. Achebe could show up there.
    I got no prob with Achebe showing up there, but man I would think a core BP villain would show up in a movie first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Sometimes the cape looks Spawn-ish (which i dont hate) but if hes gonna wear it during fights then i want it to have a function
    I don't want it for function in combat. I want it for regality only
    When it comes time to throw down, the cape retracts into the habit. I like his cap to be distinctly different from Spawn and bats

This is the best imo
    Hickman's NA is cool too though

Ultimate Member

When it comes time to throw down, the cape retracts into the habit. I like his cap to be distinctly different from Spawn and bats

This is the best imo

I so wanted a Hickman BP book after New Avengers.

He’s someone that knows and clearly understands the BP mythos.

But count me in as not interested in the whole BP vs Namor without T’Challa garbage. I’m already on record saying that BP should be recast and that should be that. The whole BP2 without T’Challa is just wrong to me on so many levels and I still don’t know why Disney is rushing to make the movie considering the lead actor has died.

This is the best imo

Ultimate Member

Why wouldn’t she be?

Letitia is 27 now. By the time an X-Men movie comes out that Storm will be in, it will be 2024. So that’s about a 30 year old actress.
    I was thinking Marvel Studios would cast the older X-Men as older actors and bring in newer x-men wit younger actors. It would be a bit weird to see someone like Storm be so young compared to the main Avengers

Assuming Atlantis shows up, would the resolution of this movie be different, considering Namor is still nominally a hero?