Page 321 of 772 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok now that many have read it i have a question.

wasn't Duggan description here of ororos powers kinda backwards:

she manipulates or molds the weather on earth whereas on Mars she actually created the climate?

I get where he is coming from on earth she is limited in what she can do as there is a balance to be upheld, hence why she only limits herself to weather but on Mars there was no climate no weather she creating and molding one from scratch allowed her to do things that on earth she couldn't, such as manipulate season, set up the global ecosystem, marry the heart of the planet along with the earth and sea to form a habitable planet. It is honestly very beautiful. And you notice that her power wasn't just the sky because the description speaks of the planets heart also being part of the process which leads to the ionosphere and the magnetosohere. Also she is setting up what weather is as in its properties and such, this denotes her true power being over the forces and energies that determine weather because your run of the mill weather manipulator can't set up a climate let alone a whole planets climate. Storm was doing sooo much in just that one pannel.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-16-2021 at 10:16 AM.

I don’t know what you all were reading but y’all must be starved for crumbs.

To me, Storm had again been relegated to a minor plot device. What active/visionary/leadership role did she have besides call down the lightning and swirl the nascent energies about? And stand about in the background? She’s essentially the token black mutant with lightning and some weather manipulation fireworks show.

As with her roles in X-men since X-Men Red, she is nothing but a plot device when needed.

How disappointing.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I get where he is coming from on earth she is limited in what she can do as there is a balance to be upheld, hence why she only limits herself to weather but on Mars there was no climate no weather she creating and molding one from scratch allowed her to do things that on earth she couldn't, such as manipulate season, set up the global ecosystem, marry the heart of the planet along with the earth and sea to form a habitable planet. It is honestly very beautiful. And you notice that her power wasn't just the sky because the description speaks of the planets heart also being part of the process.
    oohhhhhhh i gotcha ok.. someone else explained it and it just clicked when you saif it. weather versus the entire climate. that is impressive and I think a lot would be involved to create the entire climate of a planet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    I don’t know what you all were reading but y’all must be starved for crumbs.

To me, Storm had again been relegated to a minor plot device. What active/visionary/leadership role did she have besides call down the lightning and swirl the nascent energies about? And stand about in the background? She’s essentially the token black mutant with lightning and some weather manipulation fireworks show.

As with her roles in X-men since X-Men Red, she is nothing but a plot device when needed.

How disappointing.
    I cannot disagree here which i why I said next week would be crucial in knowing exactly what the big plans are for her. if she turns out to be the regent of sol then that potentially could be huge for character development and hsve a real influenced on a galatic level in the mu.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I cannot disagree here which i why I said next week would be crucial in knowing exactly what the big plans are for her. if she turns out to be the regent of sol then that potentially could be huge for character development and hsve a real influenced on a galatic level in the mu.
    If this is the case, I highly doubt there will be character development beyond what the X-offices have done with Ororo: give her a ceremonial title and position and trot her out when they need a token black lightning lass making prognostications while flashing lightning from her eyes and fingers.

Sorry not sorry but the track record of being strung along these past years does not bode well for any pivotal leadership role for Ororo.

The X-Men will continue to be: Xavier, the Summers gang (including Jean in this), and Logan. This trope of the Summers being the only dominant family is actually getting quite dull, imho.
    Last edited by orionblue; 06-16-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typos

BANNED

oohhhhhhh i gotcha ok.. someone else explained it and it just clicked when you saif it. weather versus the entire climate. that is impressive and I think a lot would be involved to create the entire climate of a planet.
    Just reread the issue again and I noticed that Vulcan healed and compressed the core heating the planetary terrain, iceman cooled the surface and it was storm that basically started the engine. Hence why the the heart was thrumming when she did her thing, thrumming is rythmatic movement storm knows the movement needed in which order to sustain life. All they did would have been for naught if it hadn't been for what she did. It's like setting up permanence.

I get where he is coming from on earth she is limited in what she can do as there is a balance to be upheld, hence why she only limits herself to weather but on Mars there was no climate no weather she creating and molding one from scratch allowed her to do things that on earth she couldn't, such as manipulate season, set up the global ecosystem, marry the heart of the planet along with the earth and sea to form a habitable planet. It is honestly very beautiful. And you notice that her power wasn't just the sky because the description speaks of the planets heart also being part of the process which leads to the ionosphere and the magnetosohere. Also she is setting up what weather is as in its properties and such, this denotes her true power being over the forces and energies that determine weather because your run of the mill weather manipulator can't set up a climate let alone a whole planets climate. Storm was doing sooo much in just that one pannel.
    Yeah, what she did was extremely impressive. Mars is a big freaking planet, so that took a significant amount of power and skill to build up the atmosphere and add nourishment to Mars. I don't understand how that is not impressive .

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    If this is the case, I highly doubt there will be character development beyond what the X-offices have done with Ororo: give her a ceremonial title and position and trot her out when they need a token black lightning lass making prognostications while flashing lightning from her eyes and fingers.

Sorry not sorry but the track record of being strung along these past years does not bode well for any pivotal leadership role for Ororo.

The X-Men will continue to be: Xavier, the Summers gang (including Jean in this), and Logan. This trope of the Summers being the only dominant family is actually getting quite dull, imho.
    I do not see any holes on your argument. ororo has sadly been misused for years and hasn't really had any meaningful stories since Claremont. I mentioned this yesterday but a lot why we see these white characters driving the x-stories is due to the makeup of the creative team. until that changes we will continue to see what we have relating to storm.

Just reread the issue again and I noticed that Vulcan healed and compressed the core heating the planetary terrain, iceman cooled the surface and it was storm that basically started the engine. Hence why the the heart was thrumming when she did her thing, thrumming is rythmatic movement storm knows the movement needed in which order to sustain life. All they did would have been for naught if it hadn't been for what she did. It's like setting up permanence.

thank you for explanation. it definitely does put into perspective her involvement in the overall feat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Yeah, what she did was extremely impressive. Mars is a big freaking planet, so that took a significant amount of power and skill to build up the atmosphere and add nourishment to Mars. I don't understand how that is not impressive .
    And she did it like it was casual Tuesday. Thor fans ain't gonna be happy about this.

A few days ago I was telling kyss that the mechanism of the inside the planet are the same as those above it. Storm literally just did what I was hoping she would days ago.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-16-2021 at 10:44 AM.

And she did it like it was casual Tuesday. Thor fans ain't gonna be happy about this.
    why would thor fans have issue with what happened in planet size?

BANNED

The fact that my husband couldn't create a global storm in curse of the man thing but storm is out here creating whole climate and weather systems for an entire planet casually too, it's not gonna go down well. I mean some avenger cans are already trying to minimalist what the omega mutants did. But I just know that they are jealous.

The fact that my husband couldn't create a global storm in curse of the man thing but storm is out here creating whole climate and weather systems for entire planets, it's not gonna go well. I mean some avenger cans are already trying to minimalist what the omega mutants did. But I just know that they are jealous.
    oh I gotcha you. Thor has some really impressive feats on a universal/multuversal level so I would hope they wouldn't be pressed about this.

guys check this out. storm did a lot more than I think we realize;

she would have had to establish the magneticsphere to hold the atmosphere, as well as clear out the radiation, outside of making breathable air.

she didn't tire or break a sweat. she truly is the omegas omega!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-16-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Of course it was impressive. It was a whole freakin' planet. Some have been saying that she is fully capable of doing exactly this...and now that she's done it...it's boring, and unimpressive because she's not taking charge managing and directing Erik, Jean and Iceman and everybody else on what to do with their powers and how to do it.

If that was the expectation...clearly the point of this particular issue and its participants was lost on some.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!