Page 610 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1105105606006066076086096106116126136146206607101110 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

Then why did it take this long to get you to admit that?
    And you're only one person, there are others who are still silent on this.

Does this include Sanders? When this is bought up again will you be siding with me or the Bros against this sort of behaviour?

From the sound of, longer than it will take you to admit that there was someone running against Sanders for the Democratic nomination who had already actively worked protect someone involved in harassment.

That being the case, it's hard to ignore that Sanders was actually "Failing Women..." less than the person he was running against.

Never mind that he has made changes since the last nomination process that doesn't seem to be a part of the discussion. The discussion seems to end at where Sanders could have been more successful.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 02-21-2020 at 01:51 AM.

Yes, it was. They were ignored afterward. Those posts weren't in a vacuum, the majority of which Bernie supporters posting have trouble accepting as the truth, never mind condemning it when it was posted.
    What are you even talking about?

I asked for proof that you criticized the harassment done by supporters of other candidates without someone else prompting it or you dragging Bernie into.

The links you posted of your prior posts are not at all what I asked for.

YThen why did it take this long to get you to admit that? And you're only one person, there are others who are still silent on this.
    I admitted it after you first asked me what I thought.

You asked me what I thought and in my next post I said it was horrible. How is that "taking so long"? I said it was horrible like 12 minutes after your post.

I don't even know how I can keep talking to you when you aren't making any sense.

Does this include Sanders? When this is bought up again will you be siding with me or the Bros against this sort of behaviour?
    I said men, and Sanders is a man. So it includes Sanders.

I don't know why I have to point out the obvious to you.

That I disagree with.
    Because you don't really care that these women were harassed. You only care that you have an opportunity to attack a candidate you don't like.

Here is some testimony from people who made death threats for Bernie in '16.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-chair-170919/

Do you deny they hurt people?

Do you think Roberta Lange is a liar?
    No.

Why is this directed at me? Have I denied harassment? Have I called women liars?

The only people here that I've seen doubting women are Kirean and Leviathan, but you haven't said anything to them. Why would you, it's not the harassment that you actually care about.

Which has merit, since harassment is something all campaigns struggle with. However, this ignores the context for why the Bros narrative escalated. Like the death threats and stalking. Are any Bernie supporters going to acknowledge or condemn those links I posted?

I care, I just disagree. The stalking, death threats and sexist attacks show it to be something to be worried about in the links I've posted earlier and recently. Do you think the people who were victims in my links are liars?
    I've already said no.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Show me.

Show me where you've called out other supporters of harassment without other people bringing it up or you mentioning Bernie so you can go after him and his supporters too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

It took me 12 minutes to respond to the question that asked what I thought of the harassment that women experienced during Bernie's 2016 campaign. It was my very next post.

It took Steel Inquisitor nearly an hour to condemn the harassment Ryan Knight documented.

How this means I was the one "taking so long", I have no idea.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

I hope it's not harrassment whan I say that Ryan Knight is the Krassentein bros of Scott Dworkins. I followed him for like 5 minutes after Trump won, before I realized who a shallow "Influencer" he was.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I know what sealioning is. I was harassed during gamergate.

Your link does not say what you think it does.

Rhetorically, sealioning fuses persistent questioning—often about basic information, information easily found elsewhere, or unrelated or tangential points—with a loudly-insisted-upon commitment to reasonable debate. It disguises itself as a sincere attempt to learn and communicate. Sealioning thus works both to exhaust a target's patience, attention, and communicative effort, and to portray the target as unreasonable. While the questions of the "sea lion" may seem innocent, they're intended maliciously and have harmful consequences.
    I am asking for examples because I haven't seen any from him.

Or maybe you're saying Steel Inquistor is sealioning because he keeps asking questions that I've already given definitive answers to.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

I hope it's not harrassment whan I say that Ryan Knight is the Krassentein bros of Scott Dworkins. I followed him for like 5 minutes after Trump won, before I realized who a shallow "Influencer" he was.
    I agree a little. His politics are paper-thin, that's why he endorsed Warren.

He's only endorsing Bernie now because he's winning.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

How transparently racist was it for Trump to say Gone with the Wind should have won best movie again instead of Parasite?

How transparently racist was it for Trump to say Gone with the Wind should have won best movie again instead of Parasite?
    While that certainly could be it, also felt like it might be "Flash Bang Tossed Because I Don't Want You Looking At Something Else I Just Did..." even though everyone was going to eventually see said "Something Else..." anyway.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Sidelined Acting Spy Chief After Russian Meddling Briefing: Reports

The president named Richard Grenell, a Trump loyalist, to replace Joseph Maguire as acting director of national intelligence this week. Clearly Trump has a YUGE problem dealing with the truth and prefers spineless yes men who'll only tell him what he wants to hear, i.e., bullshit.

Bloomberg Shares Doctored Debate Video To Hide Dismal Performance

The edited video falsely suggests the other candidates were speechless for 20 seconds after the billionaire said he was the only candidate to start a business. In a word----PATHETIC! The more I see and hear from Money Mike, the less I like.

Mick Mulvaney Says U.S. Is ‘Desperate’ For Immigrants For Economic Growth: Report

Color us surprised. I'm disappointed Mulvaney (gotta come up with a nickname for him) didn't just come out and say the country was desperate for WHITE immigrants.

Trump Gets Served A Brutal Fact-Check On Fox News After Griping About Bad Coverage

The president tried to blame Fox board member Paul Ryan for unfavorable coverage on the network. Our Snowflake-in-Chief did what he does best, whine like an infant because he didn't get his ass kissed enough on his personal propaganda network. Sad!

California Formally Apologizes To Japanese Americans For WWII Incarceration

Some 120,000 people were forced into the camps nearly 80 years ago.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-21-2020 at 02:31 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The interesting thing about Richard Grenell is that he is an openly gay Republican. While he is usually completely loyal to Trump, he did go against his Fuhrer's orders by flying a Rainbow flag at the US embassy in Berlin during Pride Month.

Astonishing Member

It took me 12 minutes to respond to the question that asked what I thought of the harassment that women experienced during Bernie's 2016 campaign. It was my very next post.

It took Steel Inquisitor nearly an hour to condemn the harassment Ryan Knight documented.
    How would you feel had this not been responded entirely, and rather than trolling it was about something like death threats? I wanted to respond to that ASAP, btw, but I do have other people to respond to occasionally.

How this means I was the one "taking so long", I have no idea.
    That was about you condemning the Bros at any stage, and you're one of the few who actually did!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Straight Talk -

It's already going to be no gravy job trying to beat a sitting President who has somehow managed to increase his share of Latino support while not running the economy into the ditch.

The most sound approach, for whoever the nominee will wind up being, seems like it will be to get out to the voters and try to address what they are looking for.

That there will most likely be, at the very least, one country trying to skew the way it plays out needs to be treated like the figurative "Side Mission".
    I think you are underestimating the threat.

Yesterday when I searched the word "Warren" on twitter, the first 200 or so search results were all people excited about her debate performance.

Now I get dozens and dozens of weird tweets by iffy accounts trying to drive a wedge between Sanders supporters and Warren, focusing on supposed "smears" by her against Sanders, taking Senate votes out of context etc. There clearly is a coordinated troll farm effort going on against her right now because she looked like a threat again.

I mean, it's not normal to not get ANY of the tweets from yesterday anymore that got so many likes and retweets.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 02-21-2020 at 03:21 AM.

That was about you condemning the Bros at any stage, and you're one of the few who actually did!
    No it wasn't.

It was about a specific instance.

What's your opinion on that quote or the harassment she had to endure on the campaign trail?
    We've gone from you not knowing what I've said, to you not knowing what you've said.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

What are you even talking about?
    Do you not pay attention to what happens in the thread? There's more people talking to me and other people then you here, I was being general for a reason.

asked for proof that you criticized the harassment done by supporters of other candidates without someone else prompting it or you dragging Bernie into.

The links you posted of your prior posts are not at all what I asked for.
    Yes, they were.

I admitted it after you first asked me what I thought.

You asked me what I thought and in my next post I said it was horrible. How is that "taking so long"? I said it was horrible like 12 minutes after your post.

I don't even know how I can keep talking to you when you aren't making any sense.
    I'm making sense.

I said men, and Sanders is a man. So it includes Sanders.

I don't know why I have to point out the obvious to you.
    I have to be sure, because Sanders supporters here will refuse to accept that he's a flawed human. Just checking. This took far to much work for you to say that, btw.

Because you don't really care that these women were harassed. You only care that you have an opportunity to attack a candidate you don't like.
    Sure I do. It's not my fault the worst attackers are from the Bros. Why should I ignore the bigger fish because you like the politician they support? You tell me, are death threats and stalking less bad than trolling online?

No.

Why is this directed at me? Have I denied harassment? Have I called women liars?
    Since we're having a conversation and I can talk about people in general in them.

The only people here that I've seen doubting women are Kirean and Leviathan, but you haven't said anything to them. Why would you, it's not the harassment that you actually care about.
    Thirty, Knight, Tavirai have been defending the Bros tactics, which you don't blink an eye at. All Ive been doing the last few hours was defending minorities and women against Bernie Bros, routinely bringing evidence that was not simply trolling online, which is bad enough, and you sided with them.
    Theres more to harassment being bad when it's against Bernie supporters.

It's baffling since you've been targeted by Gamer gate, and when the Bros use similar tactics it took a long time to get condemnation of any sort from you.

Why did you assume I was a Mayor Pete supporter anyway?

I've already said no.
    Good. How about helping me convince the other Bernie supporters?