Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Short hair Wonder Woman

Does anyone agree or disagree that Wonder Woman should have short hair or have it in a ponytail or braid it so her hair won't get in the way of a fight?

Diana is a skilled fighter I don't think it would matter if she did or didn't wear her hair in a ponytail.

I think the long and free hair is an important part of Wonder Woman's iconography, but one can certainly experiment with various stylings. The original Wonder Woman by Peters had little over shoulder-length hair with bangs, which differs from how she's usually presented today. In a way, Wonder Woman's hair acts as her equivalent to Superman's and Batman's capes.

Leave the ponytails, braids, or buns for when she's a "civilian". The movie handled that well. She had a braid growing up on Themyscira, in a simple bun in London and traveling to the front, and more elaborate buns at the gala and at Trafalgar square.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

W. Simonson and Jerry Ordway gave her short hair for a few minutes. It didn't work.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

I'd be happy to see Diana put her hair in a tight braid before heading into battle.

But, I don't think it's necessary. The capes worn by Superman and Batman would also be able to be used against the heroes by villains in battle. Flash's mask / headgear could be used by villains to their advantage (as once demonstrated by Black Canary). Diana having long, free flowing hair isn't necessarily any worse than some of the other ... poor / impractical costume choices by the premier male superheroes.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like Diana with big straight or slightly wavy hair. Dodson's Diana usually sports great looking hair.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

I hate when they cut the hair of ANY woman in comics. It's a stupid tired trope to make them appear more masculine simply because they're powerful.

She should have beautiful flowing hair like a disney princess or panteen commercial. Comics aren't real life. Let the hair flow

I'm a fan of the golden age look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Does anyone agree or disagree that Wonder Woman should have short hair or have it in a ponytail or braid it so her hair won't get in the way of a fight?
    I think you're underestimating the importance of hair in comic books and over doing practicality. Diana has been training all her life and has had long hair all her life, I'm sure it's not a hindrance because it's something she's used to.

I mean, in real life she'd want to put it up so it'd be out of her face. But this isn't real life, and its all about the sense of movement that flowing hair can create in art. And she doesn't look right with short hair anyway. We've seen it before, and she doesn't really pull it off as well as she does the long look.

Besides, there's no need to cut it. She can put it up in a bun, or a braid, or whatever. Plenty of female soldiers keep their hair long (-ish), and as long as they can keep it under control it's fine.

I'd be fine with Di putting her hair up, it'd be nice to have some different looks for her more often. But cutting it? No need.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

No short hair, ever again, please. No. And Diana Prince wears the pony tials and buns. I think it's perfect.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Didn't this happen once?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I hate when they cut the hair of ANY woman in comics. It's a stupid tired trope to make them appear more masculine simply because they're powerful.

She should have beautiful flowing hair like a disney princess or panteen commercial. Comics aren't real life. Let the hair flow
    Marvel's been doing that far too often. Crystal when she got her own team in All-New Inhumans, Jean Grey when X-Men Blue started, Kitty Pryde at the same time in X-Men Gold, Storm before that when she became school headmistress (when Kitty took over that role, Ororo promptly got her long hair back), and Carol Danvers when she took over Alpha Flight (now reverted)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't this happen once?
    See my post above.

Aside from the gorgeous Adam Hughes covers, this brief run wasn't a high-point...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    See my post above.

Aside from the gorgeous Adam Hughes covers, this brief run wasn't a high-point...
    It was terrible.