Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Would STAR TREK:FIRST CONTACT count? Technically it's the seventh sequel but it's the sequel to the first Next generation film at the same time (I think before it was given a title, it's working one was actually GENERATIONS 2).

It's pretty much the TWOK equivalent for the TNG crew as far as acclaim (although plot wise is a bit closer to Voyage Home-the time travel aspect, saving the future, and of course NEMESIS was trying to be TWOKish with the death of Data, a big Nebula space battle and a more personal nemesis for Picard with a doomsday weapon etc but came up way short). Also answers a few questions about Trek's past and sets the stage a bit for the ENTERPRISE spinoff (although that could be a bad thing I guess).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I will agree with this. X-men Origins:Wolverine was not very good. (and what a terrible title)
    To be fair, the title wouldn't have been that bad if they had continued the idea of having a whole slew of titles under the X-Men Origins banner. Unfortunately Wolverine was so bad it killed off the very label it was supposed to start! Kind of similar to Universal's Dark Universe starting and ending with The Mummy (Dracula Untold was a different thing, jury rigged towards the end of filming to maybe be unofficially backdoored into the Dark Universe if it did well - it did not). So if we had gotten X-Men Origins: Gambit, X-Men Origins: Magneto, then X-Men Origins: Wolverine might not seem like such a strange title sticking out from the rest of the franchise. But we never got those films, so sticks out it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think you've misread what has been said in the thread. Wrath of Khan has been cited as a great movie following a poor/badly received one, Star Trek:The Motion Picture having been seen by many as overlong and dull. I don't think anyone here has said WoK was bad, quite the opposite.
    OOPS! Yeah, I totally misread it.
    Power with Girl is better.

The original Little Shop of Horrors was low-budget Roger Corman schlock. Granted, for some that's the part of the movie's charm. But the '86 remake is a classic with a solid cast, fun songs, and amazing puppet effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    The original Little Shop of Horrors was low-budget Roger Corman schlock. Granted, for some that's the part of the movie's charm. But the '86 remake is a classic with a solid cast, fun songs, and amazing puppet effects.
    The 86 movie, swear to god, scared me so bad as a preschooler/kindergartner I refused to watch this movie until I was an adult. Like, now I know it's funny not scary, but little kid me just freaked the f out seeing that plant gulp up a guy whole. I still don't think I've ever seen the full film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The 86 movie, swear to god, scared me so bad as a preschooler/kindergartner I refused to watch this movie until I was an adult. Like, now I know it's funny not scary, but little kid me just freaked the f out seeing that plant gulp up a guy whole. I still don't think I've ever seen the full film.
    No judgement from me, I refuse to watch any version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for the same reason, lol.

I’ll watch most horror films, but not Willy…never Willy….
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    No judgement from me, I refuse to watch any version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for the same reason, lol.

I’ll watch most horror films, but not Willy…never Willy….
    It's weird the things that freak us out as a child and haunts us as adults. I've seen things much more horrifying since then, and have enjoyed most of it, but I still want to look away whenever I see that damnable plant.

While I love the original Willy Wonka and have good memories of it, I can totally see how it'd scare you back then - it is a pretty messed up film what happened to some of those kids and the oompa loompas singing while they suffer. Looking back on it as an adult, it's kind of a messed up movie to show kids...

Not to mention the boat ride. Not only the images being projected but also how creepy Wonka is.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Annabelle movies. The first was terrible but Origins was good