Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

I cannot identify with any party because nobody truly shares my views; which is to dismantle the corporations controlling the government by getting the IRS to take billionaire incomes hostage and eventually mass-distribute them to ALL economically disenfranchised people with no catch or extra charge. certain amenities like mansions and yachts, things only wealthy people can enjoy will be ordered destroyed unless the owner can come up with a way to let other people use them.

People don't agree with this because it challenges everything they've ever known but they don't ever want to consider the plight of the people

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I cannot identify with any party because nobody truly shares my views; which is to dismantle the corporations controlling the government by getting the IRS to take billionaire incomes hostage and eventually mass-distribute them to ALL economically disenfranchised people with no catch or extra charge. certain amenities like mansions and yachts, things only wealthy people can enjoy will be ordered destroyed unless the owner can come up with a way to let other people use them.

People don't agree with this because it challenges everything they've ever known but they don't ever want to consider the plight of the people
    Who knows? Marxism could make a come back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Why would your friend think those are bad things?
    More like the "native" culture being swamped by mass immigration and the migrants refusing (or having difficulty) to assimilate into the host society's language and culture.

And my friend is more worried about his roots in Europe, his ancestral homeland, being in such a chaotic state like this and the reckless decisions that the government is making.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm assuming that your friend is American? And yes, it's a very complicated issue. His fear isn't uncommon but but I'd suggest that he and some people are over reacting when they think that American Culture is going to just disappear because more refugees settle in our country. American culture didn't evaporate when Jews fleeing Europe came here, it didn't vanish when Vietnamese came here, it won't get lost because Muslim and Mexican are coming.
    I agree with what you said (I mean, me and my friend actually support Jews and Israel), but I'm afraid you actually misunderstood what is said, my American friend is NOT seemingly concerned about "American" culture disappearing, but rather "European" culture in Europe, aka his ancestral roots (he told me he has English, Irish, German, French, Welsh, and Scots-Irish roots), with the native-born Europeans having to culturally clash with unassimilating migrants (and all the crime and fiasco's that are going on) and the governments in European countries (the Western ones especially) that are allowing massive immigration without regulation or restrictions and not solving these kinds of disputes or putting the interests of its own citizens first. I think that was what he was trying to get at. I am half-Arab myself (but of Christian background) and although I certainly do not agree with dancing with the far-right's ideologies, I can see where my friend is coming from on a personal and heritage level. I just want to reassure him that things aren't as bad as they seem.
    Last edited by Adrian Fomble; 09-13-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    I agree with what you said (I mean, me and my friend actually support Jews and Israel except for the "globalist" ones in power), but I'm afraid you actually misunderstood what is said, my American friend is NOT seemingly concerned about "American" culture disappearing, but rather "European" culture in Europe, aka his ancestral roots (he told me he has English, Irish, German, French, Welsh, and Scots-Irish roots), with the native-born Europeans having to culturally clash with unassimilating migrants (and all the crime and fiasco's that are going on) and the governments in European countries (the Western ones especially) that are allowing massive immigration without regulation or restrictions and not solving these kinds of disputes or putting the interests of its own citizens first. I think that was what he was trying to get at. I am half-Arab myself (but of Christian background) and although I certainly do not agree with dancing with the far-right's ideologies, I can see where my friend is coming from on a personal and heritage level. I just want to reassure him that things aren't as bad as they seem.
    I don't think European Culture is going to disappear anytime soon either. Of course, we should be concerned about the some of the "culture shock" that some of the people are experiencing...there's always going to be some conflict when different people are in a same environment. And sure, more people anywhere is going to result in more possible crime or tension. But the goal should be how to lower such tensions and create a society where assimilation and diversity are part of the same whole ( if that makes since).

I agree with what you said (I mean, me and my friend actually support Jews and Israel except for the "globalist" ones in power)
    Could you go more into the 'Globalist Jews In Power' you don't support please?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think European Culture is going to disappear anytime soon either. Of course, we should be concerned about the some of the "culture shock" that some of the people are experiencing...there's always going to be some conflict when different people are in a same environment. And sure, more people anywhere is going to result in more possible crime or tension. But the goal should be how to lower such tensions and create a society where assimilation and diversity are part of the same whole ( if that makes since).
    Well how sure are you that "native" European culture is not going to disappear? Not that I disagree, but I just want to know your reasoning. I want to be the one to bridge the gap between this board's view and my friend's view on the matter.

For your last part, yeah it's all a question of how to have migrants (comfortably) assimilate into the host culture and the majority's language. I don't mind diversity or multiculturalism, but we shouldn't dismantle the original parent nation or culture either.

Muslims make up about 5% of the European population. Even millions more won't end "European" Culture. And of course the real solution is helping end the wars that cause the refugee crisis in the first place.

I also want to know who the "Globalist Jews" are?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Could you go more into the 'Globalist Jews In Power' you don't support please?
    My friend points out people like George Soros and the elitist ones that control the media, government, and banks. Keep in mind, I am staunchly against Anti-Semitism, but the ones in power, Jewish or not, are the ones pulling all the strings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Muslims make up about 5% of the European population. Even millions more won't end "European" Culture. And of course the real solution is helping end the wars that cause the refugee crisis in the first place.

I also want to know who the "Globalist Jews" are?
    You know, come to think of it, you're right. IF these wars never happened, all of these clashes and conflicts wouldn't be happening now in Europe.

By "globalist" jews, I mean the ones who are in power and enact very controversial or questionable policies on society. Keep in mind, I don't exactly buy the whole "global Jewish conspiracy" thing, but I have heard some Jewish politicians and figures say some anti-Western things (don't know if it's 100% true or not). Like Susan Sontag, who said that the "white race is cancer".

Edit - Actually you know what, forget what about I said about the "globalist" jews, I'm not sure if the claims are 100% verifiable and it's getting a little too off-topic to my point.
    Last edited by Adrian Fomble; 09-13-2018 at 11:36 AM.

My friend points out people like George Soros and the elitist ones that control the media, government, and banks. Keep in mind, I am staunchly against Anti-Semitism, but the ones in power, Jewish or not, are the ones pulling all the strings.
    Is your friend the source of all your dislike of globalists/globalism? IMO George Soros is a great boogeyman that usually signifies a distinct lack of original thought in the conservatives that bring him up here in the states, and 'globalist jews' is another red flag. If the world is really run by shadowy rich assholes, then they are rich enough to be totally anonymous and let folks like Soros and the Kochs take the heat. So why the jump to the Jews here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Is your friend the source of all your dislike of globalists/globalism? IMO George Soros is a great boogeyman that usually signifies a distinct lack of original thought in the conservatives that bring him up here in the states, and 'globalist jews' is another red flag. If the world is really run by shadowy rich assholes, then they are rich enough to be totally anonymous and let folks like Soros and the Kochs take the heat. So why the jump to the Jews here?
    Again ignore what I said about "globalist jews" earlier. I was mainly referring to certain policies carried by the people in power who only happen to be jewish by blood or religion. I got sidetracked, so let's go back to the original topic about how to deal with the migration crisis in Europe.
    Last edited by Adrian Fomble; 09-13-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Again ignore what I said about "globalist jews" earlier. I was mainly referring to certain policies carried by the people in power who only happen to be jewish by blood or religion. I got sidetracked, so let's go back to the original topic about how to deal with the migration crisis in Europe.
    If you don't want to talk about what you said and your friend clearly has said often enough to get you to repeat him I'm not going to force you, but I'm not going to ignore or forget it either. As I said that's a red flag, and we've had a rash of people who describe themselves one way yet contradict that description by what they actually say in conversation.

Invincible Member

Well how sure are you that "native" European culture is not going to disappear? Not that I disagree, but I just want to know your reasoning. I want to be the one to bridge the gap between this board's view and my friend's view on the matter.

For your last part, yeah it's all a question of how to have migrants (comfortably) assimilate into the host culture and the majority's language. I don't mind diversity or multiculturalism, but we shouldn't dismantle the original parent nation or culture either.
    Because those cultures have been around for centuries and it's not like they were completely isolationists. They aren't going anywhere in the next generation because of some immigrants. And no one is trying to dismantle the dominant cultures of those countries, that's just fear talking.

More like the "native" culture being swamped by mass immigration and the migrants refusing (or having difficulty) to assimilate into the host society's language and culture.

And my friend is more worried about his roots in Europe, his ancestral homeland, being in such a chaotic state like this and the reckless decisions that the government is making.
    It sounds like your friend is putting a very negative spin on things. I love having people from other cultures moving to ours and enriching our culture. Nothing British is lost, but we gain a whole load.