Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1999

Apparently issue 82 is massive. Any predictions what will happen!!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Where do you hear that? The interview said that 83 would cause tears, 84 would make us mad, and 85 would make us cry for a different reason.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Where do you hear that? The interview said that 83 would cause tears, 84 would make us mad, and 85 would make us cry for a different reason.
    I think it’s the tweets that King has been sharing from people who already read #82
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I think it’s the tweets that King has been sharing from people who already read #82
    Ah. Eh. I guess we'll wait and see.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I guess the twist showing that Thomas Wayne is the mind behind it all instead of Bane is coming in this issue, or at least that is what the covers have led us to believe. It wouldn't be the first time things aren't what they look like. "A dream of me", that made us believe Catwoman was going to say "no" to the proposal; the controversial wedding; among other twists
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I guess the twist showing that Thomas Wayne is the mind behind it all instead of Bane is coming in this issue, or at least that is what the covers have led us to believe. It wouldn't be the first time things aren't what they look like. "A dream of me", that made us believe Catwoman was going to say "no" to the proposal; the controversial wedding; among other twists
    I hope either in Batman or in Doomsday Clock we will learn why the hell is Thomas Wayne still in the DC universe and such a dick. If I remember correctly he was last seen helping Clark and Lois during Jon's birth and he was a "normal" dude.

I wanna learn modus operandi, what makes him tick; we've only gotten little tidbits so far

Mighty Member

Without casting aspersions on specific people, I think if you're looking to improve the number of eyes on your twitter account and review sites, giving lovely, perhaps slightly exaggeratory*, praise of a book is more likely to get it re-tweeted by a creator or publisher. So I doubt it's MASSIVE, but we're in the part of the story where a few things have to happen, so it may just be that my expectations are geared towards a rapid and explosive climax.

My guess is that we see Bruce react to Alfred's death. Maybe he utterly breaks down, maybe it brings him very close to killing Bane (or even leaves it as a cliffhanger on whether or not he kills Bane), maybe it's a big swerve from the solicits and we find out Alfred is actually alive (and it was Punch all along).

*made up word
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Without casting aspersions on specific people, I think if you're looking to improve the number of eyes on your twitter account and review sites, giving lovely, perhaps slightly exaggeratory*, praise of a book is more likely to get it re-tweeted by a creator or publisher. So I doubt it's MASSIVE, but we're in the part of the story where a few things have to happen, so it may just be that my expectations are geared towards a rapid and explosive climax.

My guess is that we see Bruce react to Alfred's death. Maybe he utterly breaks down, maybe it brings him very close to killing Bane (or even leaves it as a cliffhanger on whether or not he kills Bane), maybe it's a big swerve from the solicits and we find out Alfred is actually alive (and it was Punch all along).

*made up word
    This prompts a question from me, though: what issues of King's run have been honestly MASSIVE?

For me, I'd say 24, 32, 50, 55, 72, 77 (if the rumors about what DC is changing about King's plan are true). Do you think we have more than one massive issue coming up? Do you think the revelation of how Thomas survived and is in Gotham now will be massive?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This prompts a question from me, though: what issues of King's run have been honestly MASSIVE?

For me, I'd say 24, 32, 50, 55, 72, 77 (if the rumors about what DC is changing about King's plan are true). Do you think we have more than one massive issue coming up? Do you think the revelation of how Thomas survived and is in Gotham now will be massive?
    I might quibble with 72 being massive, but otherwise, that about sums it up. I think either the Thomas revelation will tie-in to the Doomsday Clock, in which case it'll be momentous for reasons outside of King's run, or it'll be something I end up finding patently absurd (e.g. Bane just happened to be playing with Skeets when The Button happened and thought, "What the heck, let's grab this dude").

I think the candidates for possible massive things that might happen in the last 4 issues are:
    *Alfred confirmed dead (the construction of the interlude issues muddies the issue of why Bruce thought Alfred was safe vs what we saw in 77)
    *quickie Bat/Cat wedding
    *death of Gotham Girl
    *Thomas kills Bane, Cat kills Thomas (could be two separate events, could be a sequence)
    *Bruce hangs up the cowl again (making Bat/Cat a bit of an ironic title) while mourning Alfred
    *Joker or Riddler betrays Thomas at the end (as kind of a bookend to War of Jokes and Riddles, and a parallel to the end of Morrison's B&R)
    *we find out Kite Man was secretly behind it all (pretty unlikely, but would illicit a hearty "Hell Yeah" from me).

To be clear, I don't necessarily think any of these will happen, but I think they would all fit within the structure of what has come before. I'm inclined towards something like Thomas kills Bane, Thomas dies (possibly saving Claire via the Nain Pit), Claire retires, Bat and Cat settle on some sort of final outcome to their relationship (they marry, they decide they never need to marry, the do a ceremony but don't make it legal, etc.)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I might quibble with 72 being massive, but otherwise, that about sums it up. I think either the Thomas revelation will tie-in to the Doomsday Clock, in which case it'll be momentous for reasons outside of King's run, or it'll be something I end up finding patently absurd (e.g. Bane just happened to be playing with Skeets when The Button happened and thought, "What the heck, let's grab this dude").

I think the candidates for possible massive things that might happen in the last 4 issues are:
    *Alfred confirmed dead (the construction of the interlude issues muddies the issue of why Bruce thought Alfred was safe vs what we saw in 77)
    *quickie Bat/Cat wedding
    *death of Gotham Girl
    *Thomas kills Bane, Cat kills Thomas (could be two separate events, could be a sequence)
    *Bruce hangs up the cowl again (making Bat/Cat a bit of an ironic title) while mourning Alfred
    *Joker or Riddler betrays Thomas at the end (as kind of a bookend to War of Jokes and Riddles, and a parallel to the end of Morrison's B&R)
    *we find out Kite Man was secretly behind it all (pretty unlikely, but would illicit a hearty "Hell Yeah" from me).

To be clear, I don't necessarily think any of these will happen, but I think they would all fit within the structure of what has come before. I'm inclined towards something like Thomas kills Bane, Thomas dies (possibly saving Claire via the Nain Pit), Claire retires, Bat and Cat settle on some sort of final outcome to their relationship (they marry, they decide they never need to marry, the do a ceremony but don't make it legal, etc.)
    Excellent points. The solicit of Detective Comics Annual #3 are either a massive lie, or I am starting to believe the rumor that King is being forced to change his ending. Because Alfred being dead was not setup at all.

Gotham Girl and Thomas's deaths seem pretty inevitable, though I personally think Thomas is going to give his life at the Nain Pit for someone - at this point, I think it'll be Bruce, and not Alfred, but Alfred would be a better choice.

Kite Man doing something would be pretty cool. Him being behind it would be very Batman Eternal, though

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I hope either in Batman or in Doomsday Clock we will learn why the hell is Thomas Wayne still in the DC universe and such a dick. If I remember correctly he was last seen helping Clark and Lois during Jon's birth and he was a "normal" dude.

I wanna learn modus operandi, what makes him tick; we've only gotten little tidbits so far
    I believe King has said #84 is when we find exactly is up with Thomas and how he got to the main universe, so got a bit to wait for that answer, though I do think these final 4 issues in general will be the big "Thomas arc" to wrap it all up.

Incredible Member

*quickie Bat/Cat wedding
    *death of Gotham Girl

Given King's recent comments, I doubt any kind of Bat/Cat wedding will ever happen. And I have to say, having them "settle their relationship" by saying they never need to marry or whatever, changes absolutely NOTHING about the status quo. Anyone can just ignore everything that happened regarding them if he decides to change nothing re: their relationship. That would be the lamest resolution thing ever, especially after all this.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I believe King has said #84 is when we find exactly is up with Thomas and how he got to the main universe, so got a bit to wait for that answer, though I do think these final 4 issues in general will be the big "Thomas arc" to wrap it all up.
    Excellent! Can't wait

When Bane has more honour than batman. Excellent.