Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Jessica's GL debut in today's JL #50.....FANTASTIC!!

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know i keep saying this but Jessica looks amazing as a Green Lantern!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I know i keep saying this but Jessica looks amazing as a Green Lantern!
    Yeah, if nothing else, you can't argue she looks great as a GL .

What do you guys think her chances of showing up in the GLC movie are? I think her chances are good, especially if DC wants to push her.

What do you guys think her chances of showing up in the GLC movie are? I think her chances are good, especially if DC wants to push her.
    Hmm...well, I think they'd want to go for one of the older Lanterns to debut in the movies alongside the League, but if DC is committed to pushing her (and Simon), I can see her debuting in animation relatively soon in either the cartoons or animated movies .

I would love it if she popped up on Justice League action! DC should continue to push her, that's how she will continue to rise in popularity!

On a side note if the GLC movie starred John Stewart and Jessica Cruz i would be ecstatic!!!

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I would love it if she popped up on Justice League action! DC should continue to push her, that's how she will continue to rise in popularity!

On a side note if the GLC movie starred John Stewart and Jessica Cruz i would be ecstatic!!!
    I think she has a bigger chance of popping up in Super Hero Girls first, being the only earth woman to be a GL and all that.
    Everything Lives!

Reminder, Green Lanterns #2 out today! Show Jessica some love

BANNED

I'll throw my hat in as a Jessica fan. I like her in concept and in her couple of appearances that I've seen so far. I really want this book to be good and her to take off.

BANNED

Cruz maybe. John hahaha no Geoff Johns hates John Stewart.

The problem with any GLC movie are as thus in my book. Beyond the stink of the first try.

1) Location, the easiest to fix. Keep this in space lets hope DC learned that lesson.
    2) Quality Villains, come on a smoke monster? Get that crap out of here
    3) The biggest issue a divided fanbase.

Most Green Lantern fans are fans of specific Green Lanterns. Not the Franchise as a whole necessarily. This has been exasperated over the course of the Johns Reign. The Green Lantern Fandom is now super fragmented. Which makes a rather large barrier to the core fandom. You got the comic traditionalist who like Hal. Versus the group who grew up on JL/U (incidentally the core demo).

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Most Green Lantern fans are fans of specific Green Lanterns. Not the Franchise as a whole necessarily. This has been exasperated over the course of the Johns Reign. The Green Lantern Fandom is now super fragmented. Which makes a rather large barrier to the core fandom. You got the comic traditionalist who like Hal. Versus the group who grew up on JL/U (incidentally the core demo).
    And the group who grew up on JL/U but also likes Hal and all the other Earth Lanterns...even the new ones.

I know we're a minority, but we exist .
    Last edited by Frontier; 07-06-2016 at 09:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the group who grew up on JL/U but also likes Hal and all the other Earth Lanterns...even the new ones.

I know we're a minority, but we exist .
    True, John Stewart is my favorite Earth GL but it doesn't mean I will only read about him.

Read GL: New Guardians because the initial concept had a Power Rangers-ish vibe to it also I wanted to know more about Kyle because outside of wikipedia entries I knew nothing at that point.

When that ended I jumped to GL Lost Army/Edge of Oblivion and Omega Men

Now I'm reading the GLs title with Jessica and Simon and the only reason I'm not buying Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern is because I don't like how its titled "x and the y". Where in those cases the single "x" can easily overshadow the group "y".

Their interaction cracks me up! XD

I've never been a Green Lantern fan. I can't quite explain why- the books never really feel personal to me, so I don't connect with the characters.

I picked up Green Lanterns out of curiosity, though, and I emphasise with Jessica so much. More than amy other Green Lantern I've read, she emphasises the key part of the mythos, of overcoming fear. Not a metaphorical fear, like a giant space bug, or something huge, like "I'm afraid I can't save the day".

Agoraphobia. Failure, in everyday things.

As soon who suffers from anxiety, she is a lot more appealing to me than Hal Jordan.

Jessica Cruz!!! DC's number 1 Latina (sorry Renee). I like the character and I think she's really cool. Can't wait to see what's in store for her and much more developed she'll be in the future!