Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Working on All-Star Superman custom bind...if you sift through the last few pages of this thread you'll some chatter about it and adding DC One Million to it (which I'm planning to do). First pass at a cover...text on back was just something I dumped in from Amazon as a placeholder....trying to keep the design pretty simple and clean. Any thoughts?
    ALL STAR SUPERMAN COVER1.jpg

All-New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to custom binding and was wondering if I can ask a few questions.

1. Which service do you recommend I use that can help from start to finish (selecting covers, removing pages, etc)?

2. I will be using TPBs and converting them to HCs, which binding method is preferred, glued or sewn. Also glued/sewn each have their own options, which is recommended if I'm looking to have something that lasts after multiple reads?

3. If I have HCs that I want to combine with other TPBs to make a larger book, are the pages going to be difficult to remove? Do I need to purchase the TPB instead?

Thank you!

Send an email to the site below and they will help you figure everything out. I have always gone with someone else doing the prep work and covers. I tried to do some books myself, but was much easier just reaching out and having it taken care of by someone else. I am not sure if you can do a hardcover/TPB combo bind, I have only used soft cover books for biding.

http://www.singleboundstudios.com/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Send an email to the site below and they will help you figure everything out. I have always gone with someone else doing the prep work and covers. I tried to do some books myself, but was much easier just reaching out and having it taken care of by someone else. I am not sure if you can do a hardcover/TPB combo bind, I have only used soft cover books for biding.

http://www.singleboundstudios.com/
    Thanks alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    Thanks alot!!
    They use the same Binder that the person who did all my binds, sadly he cannot continue to do them, but single bound has stepped up and will be doing full service. Fair warning once you do a few you will not want to stop.

Anyone working on anything cool? Just trying to keep this thread somewhat relevant. I have been slacking but need to get back to work! I have AS Superman, Hitman, Avengers (stern era), Hickman's FF, JLA (MOrrison/Waid era) and more to work on.....

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm waiting on my Hellblazer #1-84 three volumes and Ennis Demon/Hitman three volumes. Pretty excited for them. Threw in a few cool non-Ennis additions to the Hitman volumes.

I know I used this base image (I either found one without the watermarks or my binder removed the marks) for my front cover to my Morrison Superman bind (that contained All Star, the old One Mill tpb, and the Action run): (I wanted some Quitely Superman that was different from the ones you usually saw with him on All Star)
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...083&GSub=81502
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-13-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm waiting on my Hellblazer #1-84 three volumes and Ennis Demon/Hitman three volumes. Pretty excited for them. Threw in a few cool non-Ennis additions to the Hitman volumes.

I know I used this base image (I either found one without the watermarks or my binder removed the marks) for my front cover to my Morrison Superman bind (that contained All Star, the old One Mill tpb, and the Action run): (I wanted some Quitely Superman that was different from the ones you usually saw with him on All Star)
    That's a cool image...I think I have that one saved down somewhere. You'll have to post some pics of the Hellblazer and Hitman stuff when you get 'em back...I have binding ADD right now with the various projects I'm doing. I want to work on all of them, but need to focus. One at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    That's a cool image...I think I have that one saved down somewhere. You'll have to post some pics of the Hellblazer and Hitman stuff when you get 'em back...I have binding ADD right now with the various projects I'm doing. I want to work on all of them, but need to focus. One at a time.
    I will try. I know what you mean about the ADD, it can bog you down, did for me a number of times. Right now, work and social life stuff has been hurting my mapping goals, so I'm trying to get back to getting the hard work done.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I will try. I know what you mean about the ADD, it can bog you down, did for me a number of times. Right now, work and social life stuff has been hurting my mapping goals, so I'm trying to get back to getting the hard work done.
    Yeah...work and parenting and soccer coaching and other things have me sidetracked as well.....

I think I'll probably try to knock out an easy one next - so AS Superman may be the next one for me. Nice and easy single volume....

Love to see your HB when they're done. I've got all the way through Azzarello bound. Just waiting on Carey's run to complete, which should be in January for that one.

What's your map for Demon/Hitman?

I got the Demon done and I'm going to do Hitman in January.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    What's your map for Demon/Hitman?
    From some pages ago:
    My Demon/Hitman map, which takes a more hardline publication order view (frankly I think DC made mistakes in their order, even though their wrong order is harmless) using Mike's Amazing Comics site for publication order info:
    Demon volume:
    The Demon (1990 3rd Series) #40
    The Demon Annual #2
    The Demon #41 - 58

Hitman Vol 1:
    Batman Chronicles #4
    Hitman #1 - 14
    Pages from JLA #5
    Hitman #15 - 20
    Hitman Annual #1
    Azrael #35
    Hitman #21 - 22
    Resurrection Man #9 - 10
    Hitman #23 - 28

Hitman Vol 2:
    Hitman #29 - 33
    Hitman #1,000,000
    Hitman #34
    Superman 80-Page Giant #1
    Hitman #35 - 50
    Hitman / Lobo: That Stupid Bastich #1
    Hitman #51 - 60
    JLA / Hitman #1 - 2

Left out the Section 8 stuff because not the biggest fan & lack of space (wanted only 3 vols max, I push limits on thickness).

From some pages ago:
    Thanks. I remember this now. I'll probably include just the Demon issues in which Tommy appeared but will include the others. I agree on leaving out Section 8. I just read an interview where Ennis said he's kept the door open with DC to return to do more of those stories, so I'd rather just keep them separate.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Anyone working on anything cool? Just trying to keep this thread somewhat relevant. I have been slacking but need to get back to work! I have AS Superman, Hitman, Avengers (stern era), Hickman's FF, JLA (MOrrison/Waid era) and more to work on.....
    Waiting for my collection to clear Customs so I can check out some New Zealand binderies (I found two good ones on the north island!)
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks. I remember this now. I'll probably include just the Demon issues in which Tommy appeared but will include the others. I agree on leaving out Section 8. I just read an interview where Ennis said he's kept the door open with DC to return to do more of those stories, so I'd rather just keep them separate.
    I didn't know he might return to those characters yet again....hmm...maybe I'll leave Section 8 out as well. Do a stand alone volume at some point to go with the Hitman stuff. I don't know. Definitely gives me something to think about. Closing Time is just such a great ending anyway...I almost hate to tack on stuff after Hitman ends, other than JLA/Hitman which I think fits fine as a closing chapter, of course.