Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Full trailer is up. Looks like they're pretty much setting it up as a space heist movie. Also, it appears that the droid character is actually Lando's co-pilot (possibly a bit of a nod to the Lando novels). The Droid's design reminds me a little bit of Leebo from Shadows of the Empire.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-05-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

I'm liking what I see here.

A few things I've noticed;
    -That's not a Tie-bomber flying away from the Stardestroyer or at least any from the OT.
    -TIE Fighters possess a red window now.
    -We got a shot of the leaked "tractor" speeder trooper. This probably is only exciting to 501rst or RPF people but it's nice to get even a quick glimpse at this. Interestingly he is getting up from crashing his speeder bike so wouldn't ya know it the armor is good for something.
    -The movie at last according to what I hear is that it's a decade prior to ANH and we see Stormtroopers present. I wouldn't be surprised if they reused suits from Rogue One (the films have a habit of reusing Stormtrooper costumes), I'm not sure if I like Stormtroopers here or not. Regardless it is interesting seeing Stormtroopers this early in canon.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

It looks promising! I hope it does well and look forward to watching it.

Heck, maybe it'll do so well, it could get a sequel.

Still waiting on my Obi-Wan stand alone movie with Ewan McGregor......
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Meh, still not sold on that actor.

lot of interesting stuff in it.
    cantina scene looks much better than in TFA. yep, lando has a droid co-pilot.
    i think we also see quick shots of the rest of woody´s crew. maz katana like alien for example.
    these tribal warriors look like they can kick some as. good costume design everywhere.
    haha, look at that clunky wrist watch (?) on han in the very first shot.
    falcon does not sport its quadlaser turrets yet, so will there be more crashing into tie fighters?

what is worrying me the most is the dynamic between han and qi´ra.
    also, the "pilot, best in the galaxy" painfully reminds me of "gonna be the most powerful jedi eva"

confusing cut:
    woody asking han "i am putting together a crew?", standing on a rocky cliff.
    next we hear him say "you´re in?" (chewie roars a reply), but they are not on that cliff anymore but in a snowy area.
    took me a 2nd viewing to notice that isn´t the same scene

not sold on the interpretation of SW theme (sounds cheap) but the following bass line during the nebula chase is great

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Millenium Falcon was Lando's, remember....and Cloud City was probably one of the cleanest locales in the OT outside of the Imperial ships.
    screenrant made similar observation. han is a secret messy.
    https://screenrant.com/solo-movie-trailer-breakdown/

"We knew the Falcon was worse for wear under the ownership of Han Solo, but this trailer shows us just how much of a slob Han Solo is, revealing a pristine Millennium Falcon interior. It can only be expected for the ship to get a little dirty over time, but knowing the interior was stark white on black and not tan on gray is not a good look for Han and Chewie’s cleaning habits.

It can be imagined, however, that as the ship’s previous owner, Lando took a lot of pride in maintaining its interior, keeping it as flashy as his glowing smile. The ship will probably take a few years to start looking as dirty as we remember it being from the other films, but if there are any sequels to Solo: A Star Wars Story, you can bet we’ll gradually see the Falcon fall into a state of filth and disrepair."
    Last edited by abulafia; 02-05-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I've decided to not try and avoid trailers anymore. They show too many scenes from the movies. I would rather be surprised going in to see it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I enjoyed the trailer. I'm far more optimistic about the movie now!

I am liking what i am seeing here. In my opinion the TV spot was better. If only for that Star Destroyer shot. That was amazing. As well as Donald Glover as Lando (he looks really great) and the final shot with Chewie putting his arm on Solo's shoulder.

I am noticing that the few shots of Alden Ehrenreich is quite good. The we are fine line. As well as the smirk followed by the serious expression when Emilia's character says that i maybe the only person who knows you. It looks quite a bit like Solo while Alden is doing his own thing.

Alden is making me more and more confident. And i was more confident to begin with. (He was pretty good in Hail Caesar!) The ones i am worried about are Donald and Emilia. I haven't seen the acting of Donald. He was fine in Homecoming but it wasn't exactly a meaty role to make my mind up that he is talented enough. He really looks the part and may steal the show but i haven't seen him anywhere. I don't know much about Emilia. I haven't seen her much. Woody Harrelson is always welcome. He is brilliant. (I am interested in Venom for two reasons. Tom Hardy and Woody Harrelson).

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Meh, still not sold on that actor.
    Have you seen Hail Caesar? I liked his performance. And if one looks up at the reviews quite a number of people say that he outperformed veteran actors in that film. And there are some really wonderful actors there. He may suck as Solo. We don't know it yet. But the more i look, i am becoming more and more confident in him pulling off something as audacious as playing Han Solo.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-06-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Millenium Falcon was Lando's, remember....and Cloud City was probably one of the cleanest locales in the OT outside of the Imperial ships.
    This definitely fits with Lando's 'what have you done to my ship?' jab in TESB.

I get the impression that Han's modifications make the Falcon less reliable than its 'straight off the factory line' incarnation, but able to pull off more impressive tricks (when they actually work).

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

And the woman in the trailer who says only she knows who Han really is?

She's sooooooo going to get Han to let his guard down and then betray him.

I'm thinking it's Qi'Ra in the armor perhaps, there's a publicity photo of her wearing a similar outfit without the helmet. Maybe she's part of a warrior race of some kind (Considering her other series, not really that far-fetched).

Also his salute before jumping looks a lot like the one he gave Han in ROTJ.

Judging by Ron Howard's tweet a while back, I'm guessing Val (Thandie Newton's character) might be an Imperial spy-Ron's tweet had him covering up her imperial emblem. Although, this could just be a bit of "Imperial dress-up" as we've seen in many of the films.

Regarding the TIEs, it's possible that these are earlier models than the OT versions, as well.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-06-2018 at 08:28 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I am noticing that the few shots of Alden Ehrenreich is quite good. The we are fine line. As well as the smirk followed by the serious expression when Emilia's character says that i maybe the only person who knows you. It looks quite a bit like Solo while Alden is doing his own thing. Alden is making me more and more confident. And i was more confident to begin with. (He was pretty good in Hail Caesar!)
    Yeah, I was very satisfied with what we've seen of Alden's Han so far. Definitely had that cockiness that could just as easily blow up in his face vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    The ones i am worried about are Donald and Emilia. I haven't seen the acting of Donald. He was fine in Homecoming but it wasn't exactly a meaty role to make my mind up that he is talented enough. He really looks the part and may steal the show but i haven't seen him anywhere. I don't know much about Emilia. I haven't seen her much.
    Watch Atlanta & Game of Thrones.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    And the woman in the trailer who says only she knows who Han really is?

She's sooooooo going to get Han to let his guard down and then betray him.
    And then him and Lando are going to double cross the double cross and steal the ship AND the money!

And then Han will get Lando wager the Falcon and off we go ... !
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The armoured cyborg villian looks cool!