Page 572 of 745 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 11164
    Ultimate Member

Well Heroine it's been like 7 or more years so that is approaching 10, not there yet but I didn't say ten just approaching ten as it was towards the end of PAD's last run on X-Factor and Remender Avengers book, and for the record I'm not a fan of Malice or possession and mind control either...and Lorna's history of emotional instability was just exasperated by Alex's death to the point where she snapped for a time before recovering...

Submit your questions now!. Emma Dumont, Blair Redford and Natalie Alyn Lind will be LIVE right here around 2:30 PM PST today

https://www.facebook.com/TheGiftedonFOX
    They are going live video chat on Facebook like last done many months ago. This would be 5:30 Eastern Time.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    .we've already seen her apart from Alex and all that was promised that she'd be able to do once away from him hasn't happened in now approaching 10 years...
    ... They were still officially, in the comics themselves, "a couple" until 2012. They "broke up" around X-Factor #243. It hasn't even been 6 years yet. The hell.

Actually, no, I get why you're claiming this. I've said repeatedly that Polaris and Havok need to stay apart for 10 years at least, so Lorna can fully and properly establish herself as her own character, but since you don't care about Lorna at all and prize a relationship now but terribly written over a relationship later written better, you wanna lie and say they've been apart for 10 years already.

To which I respond: I am very, very close to saying the past 6 years don't even count as time apart. Their being "broken up" doesn't matter if Havok still gets to be in just about every damned thing she's in, and especially if he gets to hijack her whole story like what happened in X-Men Blue #8 and #9. The more he keeps getting shoved down Polaris' throat at a time when they should actually be apart, the more I hate him and want him kept away from her for even longer. You're not helping your cause by being impatient and lying about things.

Well Heroine it's been like 7 or more years so that is approaching 10, not there yet but I didn't say ten just approaching ten
    Approaching 10 years means within a year, maybe a tiny bit more. Not 3. I didn't even start talking about Lorna's 50th anniversary being this year until last year, and by your "logic," I should've been saying everyone should celebrate it much sooner. Bare numbers, your "logic" means I should've started it in 2014 during ANXF. Ratios of time, it'd mean we should have started celebrating her 50th anniversary in 2010.

You want an excuse to force them back together cause you don't care about Lorna, and saying "7 years is close enough to 10 so let's do it" is another case of you being as impatient to get what you want as ever. And you know what? There's a good chance you'll get what you want even without the lies, because Marvel doesn't care about Lorna either. They've demonstrated repeatedly that they think Havok is a much better and important character than Lorna, so all you need to do is wait for them to screw her over this summer to get what you want.

I don't remember him doing either of those, he left the team totally and had Pietro call him if the you know what hit the fan...so how was he manipulating anything about that version of X-Factor, as for manipulating people that's more Magneto's game than Alex's...

He sent Pietro to Lorna's team to spy. He asked for various information, but his primary reason was to make sure "Lorna is safe" (Translation: "I think Lorna sucks, can't take care of herself, and needs big strong me to watch over her"). Once he was satisfied that she was safe, he tried to get Pietro to return to his squad (in turn taking away Lorna's chance to bond with her half-brother and a valuable member besides) and threw a little fit when Pietro refused.

So, if we're talking about hardcore stalker behavior, Havok didn't do it personally and didn't persist. But sending Pietro to spy on her specifically "for her protection" like she's some weakling that can't survive without him until he's "satisfied" has many similarities and comes pretty close. Not unlike a husband hiring a private investigator to see if his wife is having an affair, except this time they're not even supposed to be a couple, and Havok decided to exploit the family connection instead of using someone unrelated.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

I'm rather nervous... Lorna being possessed again for atleast part of this story has knocked my confidence. I'll wait and see I suppose.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Havok Post Malice (25) new Horsemen Apocalypse With Bloodstorm
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...an-apocalypse/

Ultimate Member

Actually salarta I was not looking for any sort of excuse, my only point in bringing up the number of years since they weren't together was only done to show that Lorna hasn't moved forward in ways that people said that Alex was holding her back from while they were together, as for being a spy that's Pietro's opinion of it, though none of what Alex asked of Pietro undermined anything that Lorna did, Alex didn't ask Pietro to sabotage anything or anyone, and in the end Alex's concerns were justified to some degree...as for approaching something it can be more than a year, I'm almost 39 and once someone gets past 36 or so they could be said to be approaching 40...

And no I didn't say that they'd been apart for 10 years, that's your lie, not mine...my whole point with the almost 10 years was that Alex can no longer be blamed for anything bad that's happening to Lorna unless he directly and intentionally keeps her from something, which he hasn't done in years if ever...

I don't see anything that they've done as demonstrating that they care any more about Alex than they do Lorna, being barely used in a film before then only showing up because of his brother, and they can't even get it right that he's the younger brother, and during the last few big X-Men events he was a sidenote at best, and showing up on a cover isn't a crime, sometimes some writers don't let their characters appear in crossovers and such or their teams don't take part so characters stay away...

It's almost to a degree that Bunn seems to want to rewrite portions of Lorna's history, or just bring them to a conclusion...of sorts...

You know what, screw it, Logan's right. Lorna and Havok should be together again so Havok can weep behind a rock and cry for Polaris to save him from Sabretooth.

Havok should get caught by a Sentinel and cry for Lorna to come rescue him from the big bad robot. Havok should sacrifice his life shouting "Lornaaaaaaa" for a plan created by Polaris and Magneto where his death is built into the idea. Havok should be powerless, getting harassed by a biker gang that absolutely terrifies him, when Polaris shows up to rescue him from the gang. Havok should have an issue presented as his big return only for Polaris to be the real star and for Havok to spout about how important Lorna is to the very fabric of his existence throughout their fight. If Polaris appears to die, Havok should isolate himself in an apartment for years with Lorna's old costume and cry about her. If Havok's out there doing things for the X-Men, he should spout lines like "I thought of what Lorna would do and I did it."

By all means, let's see them together again so Havok can get the exact same things done to him that were done to Lorna for decades. Who needs moving on, fixing things and maybe somewhere down the line giving them a relationship that doesn't suck, when we can have some nice comeuppance? Let's do it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

I've never once stated that I liked everything that's happened to Lorna in the relationship over the years and so far I don't see Alex as being the big star in Blue...and just who pray tell are Alex's friends since people here seem to think that Alex kept her from ever making friends...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Sometimes I feel as if I've fallen into in the Havok/Polaris, or just the flat out Alex Summers, appreciation thread the way some people defend it in here.

30 minutes to Facebook live session.

Polaris byspiteredescent
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-12-2018 at 04:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Sometimes I feel as if I've fallen into in the Havok/Polaris, or just the flat out Alex Summers, appreciation thread the way some people defend it in here.
    Well I'm the only one that defends it so it's only me...I just argue that Alex and their relationship aren't to blame for everything that anybody thinks has ever gone wrong with Lorna and her portrayals in the comics over the years, and Lorna comes up often in Alex's appreciation thread, just like Jean comes up quite often in Scott's and vice versa...and many here don't post in either of those threads anyway, most not all...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

No kidding. When one is married to a 90's conception of the X-Men, certain characters don't fit anymore. The desperation to restore that old status quo becomes ones life mission.

Ultimate Member

I'm not married to anything, I just don't see something that's totally different than the 90's in theory as being automatically better because some say it is, not trying to restore the exact status quo just parts of it with some differences but not changing everything...

In fairness, erasing your old signature doesn't change your consistency in advocating Warren/Betsy, Sam/Tabitha, Alex/Lorna, Warpath/Siryn....sounds like you are married to the 90s. Just from an onlookers point of view. I mean I'm not psychic, so you can deny it and people will probably just question your sincerity.

Ultimate Member

I'm not married to the 90's I just love the couples from it and haven't seen anything better since, at least as far as couples go, as for my signature I haven't had one for years and never shied away from acknowledging the couples that I love. I didn't love everything about the 90's, to me the only problem with Alex and Lorna as a couple has been bad writing off and on...not the idea of it...

As for Lorna here's a question that's not about Magneto or Alex, where was she born again...