Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Underrated X-Men Ships!

Jay Guthrie/Sooraya Qadir
    Roberto Da Costa/Amara Aquila
    Trevor Hawkins/Lin Li
    Rico/Ziggy

It’s a shame Icarus/Dust will never happen cause Jay is dead.

Magma/Sunspot almost happened once. In New Mutants Vol 3 #50 they kiss and it may have been implied they got together but then Roberto to the Avengers. Separated them and neither are with anyone currently but will they ever officially get together?

Nature Girl/Eye Boy are not used enough and sadly I don’t think will ever be more than wallpaper. Same for Rico/Ziggy.

Sadly I doubt any of these will ever sail!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Pairings were never my lucky point. Almost all pairings I really loved in fiction never lasted long. My taste tends to be in the minority.

The 3 pairings I cared about.

Monet x Creed
    I think there was tons of potential there for a relationship that was fun, yet had numerous struggles because..well, Sabretooth. lol They have some of the same issues and cover them up in a similar manner. I think because of all the crossovers, not to mention the cancellation, we skipped & lost a lot of what could've been a deep relationship. Even more grating is how it's basically non-canon at this point since there was been no closure to it, or acknowledgment it ever happened.

Jubilee x Chamber
    The former is said to have a continuing role in the X-books going forward, so hopefully they explore her ship with Chamber rather than just dropping it from existence. I usually don't like pairings like this, but it's a rare exception. Jubilee hardly ever had a love life, so give her something for a bit. And them being old friends, they don't have too many secrets -they know each other's flaws & quirks. It seems Strain intends for them to be together now, but shame we didn't see much of it.

Rogue x Wade.
    I would've loved a few chapters with them together before everything went to Hell in SE. At least there's always Uncanny Avengers 22 where they had a great moment, date, and a good few kisses. And he received bittersweet closure in Deadpool 293. But I think they could've been a pretty good couple if they were allowed to get further. People are still big on his relationship to Siryn, but I think Rogue was a slightly more stable & successful version of that. Rogue doesn't have the numerous issues Siryn was having. And Wade is in a much better place than he was in the 90's.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-15-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Kitty Pryde and Pete Wisdom.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean/Warren (i think they could be good)
    Emma/Banshee
    Kitty/Starlord
    Logan/Mariko
    Scott/Frenzy
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-15-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Emma/Banshee
    Logan/Mariko
    Those aren't underrated at all lmao.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

I don't wether this has actually happened or been inferred but Polaris/Gambit could be good.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Jean/Logan

Could be fun and exciting.

Also could be hella marketable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I don't wether this has actually happened or been inferred but Polaris/Gambit could be good.
    They kissed once in PAD's X-Factor run but it wasn't really anything romantic, Lorna was on a rant and Gambit kissed her to snap her out of it...then again he kissed the robot as well so it was just something done to startle her back to her senses so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Jean/Logan

Could be fun and exciting.

Also could be hella marketable.
    Is it underrated when most books, shows, and films have some element of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Pairings were never my lucky point. Almost all pairings I really loved in fiction never lasted long. My taste tends to be in the minority.

The 3 pairings I cared about.

Monet x Creed
    I think there was tons of potential there for a relationship that was fun, yet had numerous struggles because..well, Sabretooth. lol They have some of the same issues and cover them up in a similar manner. I think because of all the crossovers, not to mention the cancellation, we skipped & lost a lot of what could've been a deep relationship. Even more grating is how it's basically non-canon at this point since there was been no closure to it, or acknowledgment it ever happened.

Jubilee x Chamber
    The former is said to have a continuing role in the X-books going forward, so hopefully they explore her ship with Chamber rather than just dropping it from existence. I usually don't like pairings like this, but it's a rare exception. Jubilee hardly ever had a love life, so give her something for a bit. And them being old friends, they don't have too many secrets -they know each other's flaws & quirks. It seems Strain intends for them to be together now, but shame we didn't see much of it.

Rogue x Wade.
    I would've loved a few chapters with them together before everything went to Hell in SE. At least there's always Uncanny Avengers 22 where they had a great moment, date, and a good few kisses. And he received bittersweet closure in Deadpool 293. But I think they could've been a pretty good couple if they were allowed to get further. People are still big on his relationship to Siryn, but I think Rogue was a slightly more stable & successful version of that. Rogue doesn't have the numerous issues Siryn was having. And Wade is in a much better place than he was in the 90's.
    Monet/Creed would have been interesting.

Another pairing I liked a little was Monet/Guido. But then they had Guido go nuts and had Monet sleep with Darwin.

Also forgot Paige Guthrie/Toad... but sadly Paige wasn’t in the right frame of mind.

Lee and Cyclops.

Amelia Voght and Xavier.

Logan and Heather Hudson.

Mystique and Destiny (While core to her history its never been flesh out IMO).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Is it underrated when most books, shows, and films have some element of it?
    Lol "most".

You literally mean just the movies.

But yes, it is underrated as it has never actually happened in anything besides the movies' middling interpretation.

Nightcrawler and Storm

They have so much chemistry together and bring out the best in each other and are so fun together (when not written by Guggenheim). It should have happened!

The Goddess and the Demon. It writes itself!

Last edited by Crimz; 04-15-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Monet x Creed
    Given Creed’s history and Monet’s moral center, “Cronet” always seemed like an odd pairing to me. But you’re right, it was actually kind of fun while it lasted.

Jubilee x Chamber
    Unsurprisingly, Jonolee is my favourite ship. Unfortunately it’s no longer up to Strain - they’re in the next writer’s hands. At least we got to see it hinted at that they had “adult time” in the last issue of GenX.

Another of my recent favourites: Sprite and Glob.

#Splob
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Dazzler x Beast?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!