Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default SUPERMAN #45 Preview

SUPERMAN #45 is the End of an Era

http://www.outrightgeekery.com/2018/...an-45-preview/

I am gonna miss Tomasi and Gleason a lot.

BANNED

Well, so much for "Building on what Tomasi and Gleeson built"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    I am gonna miss Tomasi and Gleason a lot.
    They are the best.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, so much for "Building on what Tomasi and Gleeson built"
    What do you mean?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What do you mean?
    Well they're cutting ties with Hamilton...you'd think if they wanted to keep everything people liked about the Rebirth era, this wouldn't be what would go away

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well they're cutting ties with Hamilton...you'd think if they wanted to keep everything people liked about the Rebirth era, this wouldn't be what would go away
    But Tomasi and Gleason are the ones "cutting the ties," so it's not like they aren't "building on what Tomasi and Gleeson built" because they are Tomasi and Gleason, and are still building.

Plus, I don't really see this as cutting ties because even in this preview and arc they've added more stuff to Hamilton that links the Kents to it. Kathy as Beacon, Kathy's new portal that her and Jon dimension hop in, Nobody growing relationship with Jon and Kathy, and Boyzarro and Robzarro as refugees (callback to the Kents as refugees in a way).

Them no longer owning the home seems really trivial when this many are still in play and two of our leads (and their dog) can fly ridiculously fast. That said no one is obligated to use these ideas too often if it's not part of their story, but it's nice to know they are there peppering the Superman world.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

They were already cutting ties with Hamilton for a long while now. In Action Comics and Super Sons, they've officially moved to Metropolis by now. Superman 45 is just the finale of it (though hopefully Kathy keeps popping up from here on out).

Are they really cutting all ties, though? Seems like they're just getting the last of their stuff out of the old house.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    They were already cutting ties with Hamilton for a long while now. In Action Comics and Super Sons, they've officially moved to Metropolis by now. Superman 45 is just the finale of it (though hopefully Kathy keeps popping up from here on out).
    I know they moved back to Metropolis, but I was hoping they'd hold on to their home in Hamilton as a summer getaway or to fall back if something happened to their current apartment.

Astonishing Member

While it's certainly possible that Hamilton might end up a forgotten aspect of Superman lore we're still talking about a story where the main character regularly goes on interstellar journey on his own power. Hamilton is basically down the hall.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    While it's certainly possible that Hamilton might end up a forgotten aspect of Superman lore we're still talking about a story where the main character regularly goes on interstellar journey on his own power. Hamilton is basically down the hall.
    Plus, I'm sure Kathy at least will still pop up from time to time. She, No One, and Jon did have a bit of a setup in the last issue for some sort of team-up down the line.

I know they moved back to Metropolis, but I was hoping they'd hold on to their home in Hamilton as a summer getaway or to fall back if something happened to their current apartment.
    I don't think they'd have the money for 2 homes, considering how much property in Metropolis must cost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I don't think they'd have the money for 2 homes, considering how much property in Metropolis must cost.
    That's true...plus according to solicits for Bendis' run, the Daily Planet is having some trouble so paychecks from them won't cover the costs

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I honestly thought they already moved out of that house a while ago, guess I was confused.