Page 37 of 334 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

The Silver Age was the height of creativity and imagination at DC.

I believe that all those busy/over detailed lines that became popular around the 2010's like on Flash and Nu52 Superman and Green Lantern are going to go down in history and be mocked about inthe same way that giant muscles and tons of pouches are in regards to the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I believe that all those busy/over detailed lines that became popular around the 2010's like on Flash and Nu52 Superman and Green Lantern are going to go down in history and be mocked about inthe same way that giant muscles and tons of pouches are in regards to the 90's.
    I don't think that's controversial at all. They've looked bad from the start just like the stuff from the 90s.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

New 52 should become an Ultimates style universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I agree. New 52 had interesting ideas that were terribly executed and I'd love to see some of those ideas and character directions done properly.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Powergirl should be Powerwoman.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    yeah, it seems DC is desperately needing an Ultimate style alternate universe. they keep pretending to try and sorta maybe go that route... but can't quite pull the trigger.

The biggest reason that nu52 sucked... was the timeline. Cramming 4+ robins into a 5 year window. Deciding on a whim as they went along what was still Canon and what was reinvented...

Ultimates did it well. They started over from the beginning and just ran onward. Ultimate Avengers is formed... FF is formed... Parker is bitten by the spider... X-Men were already established, but it still started out as a fresh updated take on the marvel universe.

The closest I've seen DC try that is either All-Star Batman... or maybe earth 2. But that one was a whole new characters and not just a 'reboot' or 'restart'.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I think Powergirl has a better ring to it. Girl to me generally sounds better depending on the name.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yeah, it seems DC is desperately needing an Ultimate style alternate universe. they keep pretending to try and sorta maybe go that route... but can't quite pull the trigger.

The biggest reason that nu52 sucked... was the timeline. Cramming 4+ robins into a 5 year window. Deciding on a whim as they went along what was still Canon and what was reinvented...

Ultimates did it well. They started over from the beginning and just ran onward. Ultimate Avengers is formed... FF is formed... Parker is bitten by the spider... X-Men were already established, but it still started out as a fresh updated take on the marvel universe.

The closest I've seen DC try that is either All-Star Batman... or maybe earth 2. But that one was a whole new characters and not just a 'reboot' or 'restart'.
    The timeline was a problem but it was merely a symptom, a rather major one but still a symptom. The mismanagement was why the New 52 sucked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Powergirl sounds better than Powerwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think Powergirl has a better ring to it. Girl to me generally sounds better depending on the name.
    Power Girl rolls off the tongue better.

(So does Hawkgirl, in my opinion).

Power and girl sort of rhyme. er and ir Maybe that is why Powergirl sounds better. Also less syllables. Batgirl vs Batwoman. Supergirl vs Superwoman. Hawkgirl vs Hawkwoman.

Fantastic Member

Opinion: I don't think Batman needs to marry Catwoman to progress as a character, and in general, I don't know why a hero necessarily has to marry their supposed "one true pairing" in order to advance as a person. Sometimes in life, people don't marry and/or end up with their "one true love", and people can develop just fine without getting married and/or having kids.

Opinion 2: I hate that modern continuity often has the JSA predating Superman.

Mighty Member

Continuity is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    Continuity is overrated
    Like I said in the other thread, I didn't know continuity was a DC exclusive thing.